Load Citra using Steam?

1B51004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally figured it out! Somehow found a program to install roms with no problem!

Method 1: Steam Rom Manager
1. Download Steam Rom Manager
https://github.com/SteamGridDB/steam-rom-manager/releases/tag/v2.3.40

1.3: Rename your ROMs to what game it is, SRM cannot find games if they're named 001098432_v01.trim.3ds

1.5: If your roms are in named folders, take them out, same reason as above

2. Set it up in the parser menu. Look up Citra in the community manager, choose that preset.

3. Copy the path where your "steam" folder is and paste it into "Steam Directory". Do the same for "Executable config" (where citra-qt.exe is) and ROMS (Where your ROMs are located)

4. Customize in the "Preview" section! Click "Generate App List" and scroll through custom Logos, Heros, Banners, ect.

5. Close and reopen steam, and your roms *should* be there!

Method 2: Setting it up manually
Copy this format to Target
"C:\PathToCitra\citra-qt.exe" "C:\PathToGame\MyGame.3ds"
Copy this format to Start In
"C:\PathToMingw\nightly-mingw"

Then Customize it to your liking and play!

Below is the initial post and my problems, if you want to read them. Have fun!

Been trying to load Citra using Steam for Max Gamering™. The guide I've been using is outdated but it still holds up if you replace "update.exe" with "citra-qt.exe" from what I've heard.

https://community.citra-emu.org/t/t...ce-for-citra-steam-full-screen-controller/945

However, when testing I've been getting this message

"Windows cannot find '"C:\Users\MyName\Appdata\Local\nightly-mingw\citra-qt.exe" --processStart=citra-qt.exe -a="C:\Users\MyName\Saved Games\Pokemon Ultra Moon\game.3ds"', Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again."

I've been trying to find a more up-to-date guide, but its all for the steam deck and not for Big Picture Mode and the like.

Is there a solution?

11/24/22 Update: Ok, good news. Managed to fix that annoying error that pops up every time I start the game. Bad news is it'll still say 'cannot launch Pokemon Ultra Moon' from the Steam Bios itself.

Update 2: Getting closer. I can now launch it, but it say the rom isn't supported. Now its a problem with my rom and not Steam. Steam UI works, but only when launching a game. May be able to finish this today!

Still looking into it. Would appreciate any help for not only my sake, but for anyone who wants to do this in the future.

Last edited by 1B51004,
Reactions: AdvancedWasTaken

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1