Hacking Could we use Wiiu gamepad for ds emulation?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assembly? If I had to pick becoming a no$gba developer or suicide, I'm leaning towards the latter. Anyways, I have a really powerful computer so I don't have to worry about that.

Martin Korth is quite the programmer, he has documented the DS hardware pretty well, but ASM is fast yes but again, is not the easiest language to learn, very difficult and a nightmare, but that's what he wants to use lol. I hope the Wii U can handle Desmume :P

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, indeed we will see future releases following Brain Age but they will mostly be mirror ports for crappy games.

Why would they give us crappy games only? There is no market sense in that. It's not like the DS is new, and we've no idea what is good and what is crap at this point. Personally, I'm expecting to see the Castlevania's come to compliment the GBA Castlevania releases. I'd imagine Princess Peach and other 1st party goodies would be on their way also. There are a slew that would convert from DS to TV and Touch Screen easily and they are not crappy either!

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would they give us crappy games only? There is no market sense in that. It's not like the DS is new, and we've no idea what is good and what is crap at this point. Personally, I'm expecting to see the Castlevania's come to compliment the GBA Castlevania releases. I'd imagine Princess Peach and other 1st party goodies would be on their way also. There are a slew that would convert from DS to TV and Touch Screen easily and they are not crappy either!
Simple cost is the reason.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this already exists (since I don't follow the development of this) but a three-core DS emu (trinux) might be at least a little better than Desmume Wii, and possible now (I think).

This would certainly perform MUCH better using three cores. Sadly, SMP support still hasn't been figured out, and it looks like i've been ousted from Team Trinux. I'm still kicking around and working on various projects nevertheless. I would love to see Tri-Core support in the vWii as that exploit is unpatchable. It would require a complete overhaul of the hardware (not worth it for Nintendo to do on the Wii U at this point just to lock out this exploit where the Wii U is already hurting commercially as it is). The worst thing Nintendo can do is block HBC in vWii and/or the trinux launcher, but that would be super easy to work around and at this point I highly doubt Nintendo will bother touching anything in vWii anyways, if they haven't done it by now....

I think f0f was right about trinux. If tri-core support can successfully be added to the vWii hack, it would create a VERY healthy platform for homebrew on the Wii U which is unblockable :D. Of course we'd still be limited to the ram that the vWii has access to, but where everything runs under linux, that can be overcome with a large swap file (think virtual memory in Windows, its the same thing, just called something different for linux). We're also locked of the rest of the Wii U hardware, but for an exploit that's unblockable and having tri-core SMP would still be enough to build a healthy homebrew platform :).

RevPokemon, I love your avatar, she's hot :P. (tagging is not working atm, being weird haha).

Now back on topic....let's hack the Wii U!

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would certainly perform MUCH better using three cores. Sadly, SMP support still hasn't been figured out, and it looks like i've been ousted from Team Trinux. I'm still kicking around and working on various projects nevertheless. I would love to see Tri-Core support in the vWii as that exploit is unpatchable. It would require a complete overhaul of the hardware (not worth it for Nintendo to do on the Wii U at this point just to lock out this exploit where the Wii U is already hurting commercially as it is). The worst thing Nintendo can do is block HBC in vWii and/or the trinux launcher, but that would be super easy to work around and at this point I highly doubt Nintendo will bother touching anything in vWii anyways, if they haven't done it by now....

I think f0f was right about trinux. If tri-core support can successfully be added to the vWii hack, it would create a VERY healthy platform for homebrew on the Wii U which is unblockable :D. Of course we'd still be limited to the ram that the vWii has access to, but where everything runs under linux, that can be overcome with a large swap file (think virtual memory in Windows, its the same thing, just called something different for linux). We're also locked of the rest of the Wii U hardware, but for an exploit that's unblockable and having tri-core SMP would still be enough to build a healthy homebrew platform :).

RevPokemon, I love your avatar, she's hot :P. (tagging is not working atm, being weird haha).

Now back on topic....let's hack the Wii U!
First of thanks for the complement. Secondly I wonder what will the wiiu be like for homebrew? Wii had a good amount but what about wiiu? Hopefully it will have more than just emulators (I'll still use em tho!)

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
So are you asking if emulating games other than Brain Age is possible?

The way Nintendo handled Brain Age was unexpected, I had imagined the TV would have the top screen and the GamePad's bottom but no, the entire game's on the GamePad.

Mario 64 DS on Wii U's VC please, Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hey guyz