Hacking Could we use Wiiu gamepad for ds emulation?

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ds games are great and emulators play the games pretty welly but one problem is the touch screen. Since the wiiu pad has a touch screen couldn't we theoretically atleast use an emulator to send a signal that would be the bottom screen on to the pad while the top screen is on the PC or a tablet? Either way I know this isn't possible for emulation and this is whishful thinking but do you think it could ever happen?

shadowgauge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo was supposed to release Ds games on Wii u through shop but they haven't given an update other than a video demo.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Problem is when will that be? It took like what 3 or 4 years for the Wii to fully be hackable

It is already theorically. But nothing has been made public yet.
There is something in progress though. Just watch the WiiU hacking and homebrew from time to time.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be interesting to see seeing how the DeSmuME port to Wii isn't exactly....playable. Then again the emulator itself is kinda terrible so I don't expect that much. If it were something like how much work has been put into Dolphin I could see it happening.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be interesting to see seeing how the DeSmuME port to Wii isn't exactly....playable. Then again the emulator itself is kinda terrible so I don't expect that much. If it were something like how much work has been put into Dolphin I could see it happening.

Wii u game pad has a lot of neat abilities one id love to see would be using it to display the screen form a pc and emulators (doubt it will ever happen tho)

D

Deleted User

Well vWii can barley run games (Desume Port). It took me 5 minutes to get to actual gameplay in Pokémon Peral

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vWii does not use the Wii U's additional hardware features either though.

I imagine that later next year we'll see some DS Virtual COnsole releases that support features such as this. I imagine that they started out with brain age because it was a (drum roll please) no brainer in regards on how to make it the most user friendly in the transition.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies
D

Deleted User

Yes, indeed we will see future releases following Brain Age but they will mostly be mirror ports for crappy games.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Nintendo was supposed to release Ds games on Wii u through shop but they haven't given an update other than a video demo.

Nintendo releases something awesome and then never actually makes a move on it.

I want to play GameCube and DS games on the Wii U which is capable of but Nintendo.. *sigh* I hate when they act like this. Maybe it's Satoru's fault.

Reactions: narutopet112

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo releases something awesome and then never actually makes a move on it.

I want to play GameCube and DS games on the Wii U which is capable of but Nintendo.. *sigh* I hate when they act like this. Maybe it's Satoru's fault.
Well, we have gamecube games unofficially ;)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Not using the GamePad as a controller though.

Given that the Wii U has an official GameCube adapter and controller there's no reason to use an inferior controller such as the GamePad which has the vibrator of a smartphone and digital triggers.

Let's hope Nintendo learns their lesson from the mistakes of the Wii U.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Emulator is fantastic on Windows, a lot better than no$gba (sacrifices majorly for speed, many emulation inaccuracies and written in pure asm...*shudder*). The Wii port was more of a proof of concept more than anything.

Reactions: Kelton2

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. I LOL at all the YouTube videos about "how to get x game to run in no$gba". Just use desmume, it's awesome.

Old machines, no$gba is great as it runs insanely fast (since it's written entirely in Assembly), but the speed comes at a great cost, accuracy goes down the crapper lol. Desmume is also getting a lot faster with the JIT core :P

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1