Hacking Official Corbenik - Another CFW for advanced users (with bytecode patches!)

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
This is an incorrect statement - CFWs *shouldn't* affect each other. There's one that does. I'll leave it as an excercise to the reader to figure out which one and how.

He's just memeing with the whole "CFW" vs "patched FW" thing. I thought that died ages ago...
nooooo exercises, which one is it? :(

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Quick question for @chaoskagami, is it alright to use Fake Friends Version on 11.3? I noticed in the description that it says not to use it on 11.0.0, and I'm wondering if this is just an outdated description or if there are compatibility issues with anything above 11.0.0... Thank you in advance :)

I suppose it forcefully fixes the fpdver to an older version (post 9.x and pre 11.0). Enabling it in 11.0+ would fake your version as an older one and not allow you to play online.

I forgot to bump fpdver, didn't I? It probably still has 11.3's version. =_=

Reactions: gnmmarechal

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I pretty sure that I did that with the reboot_hook patch
Change the ver 09 to 10 (latest one/ 11.4 one)

...changed it to 10.

That should have been 0a. Excuse me for a moment.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to bump fpdver, didn't I? It probably still has 11.3's version. =_=
I just tried it, and it seems to work fine. I was just curious just in case there was an actual problem, as I didn't want to possibly cause issues. Thank you so much for replying!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OH! My bad!! I'm sorry for that
When doing this my mind probably saw in Hex and thought in decimal
I think that has happened to everyone at least once, don't sweat it dude XD

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. I setup corbenik as a payload for Luma3DS. I downloaded the latest one from https://j.chaos.moe/job/Corbenik/ (a0c0fd5). I followed the readme on git to set it up. It booted fine. When I got into home menu, several games I installed a long time ago are missing. It seems to happen every time I boot. They are all out of region games. If I enter the system setting, the games appear all wrapped up and out of the folders. Is this normal?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have a question. I setup corbenik as a payload for Luma3DS. I downloaded the latest one from https://j.chaos.moe/job/Corbenik/ (a0c0fd5). I followed the readme on git to set it up. It booted fine. When I got into home menu, several games I installed a long time ago are missing. It seems to happen every time I boot. They are all out of region games. If I enter the system setting, the games appear all wrapped up and out of the folders. Is this normal?
You need to turn on the region-free option in the corbenik settings menu.
So under
Configuration->Options and enable System Module Inject
Then under patches
"Region Free HOME (Loader)"

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Corbenik supports paste the corbenik arm9loaderhax.bin in ctrnand?, similary a luma.

Nope, and I don't think it will ever support loading files from CTRNAND.
It's a advance user CFW, usually CFWs like this loads several files from the PATH and since we have a super limited space in NAND, loading stuff from NAND limit the CFW as a advance user software.

Well... that's my way to see it

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to turn on the region-free option in the corbenik settings menu.
So under
Configuration->Options and enable System Module Inject
Then under patches
"Region Free HOME (Loader)"
I do have it checked. Game works when launched. It just disappears every time I boot into the system. Maybe it doesn't like those CIAs. That or the patch is broken somehow.
I have the following checked.
Signature Fix
FIRM Protection
Region Free HOME (Loader)
Block Cart Update / Cart RF (Loader)
Block eShop Updates (Loader)
Block NIM Updates (Loader)
RO Signature Fix (Loader)
Download Play Region Fix (Loader)
Settings Version String (Loader)
TWL Patches
AGB Signature Fix
AGB Bootscreen
Sun/Moon QR related patches (Loader)

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Corbenik supports paste the corbenik arm9loaderhax.bin in ctrnand?, similary a luma.

No. Well, I mean...nothing is stopping you from putting the binary there, but you still would need an SD inserted.

Nope, and I don't think it will ever support loading files from CTRNAND.
It's a advance user CFW, usually CFWs like this loads several files from the PATH and since we have a super limited space in NAND, loading stuff from NAND limit the CFW as a advance user software.

Well... that's my way to see it

Probably not. Getting the arm9 payload to work isn't terribly hard, the issue is more with loader. It's also completely unreasonable to cache data to NAND.

I should probably make it detect if no SD is inserted, and act as a dumb chainloader. Someday, perhaps. It'll never work to run the entire thing off NAND, though.

I do have it checked. Game works when launched. It just disappears every time I boot into the system. Maybe it doesn't like those CIAs. That or the patch is broken somehow.
I have the following checked.
Signature Fix
FIRM Protection
Region Free HOME (Loader)
Block Cart Update / Cart RF (Loader)
Block eShop Updates (Loader)
Block NIM Updates (Loader)
RO Signature Fix (Loader)
Download Play Region Fix (Loader)
Settings Version String (Loader)
TWL Patches
AGB Signature Fix
AGB Bootscreen
Sun/Moon QR related patches (Loader)

I'll say this every time I see one of these types of reports: Please enable the relevant options and post logs. The logs tell me what you do and don't have enabled, they give debugging information and allow me to see what exactly happens during the process of patching and booting the system. I can't debug without them unless it's something that prevents logging from occurring (and this narrows it down. A lot.)

Last edited by chaoskagami,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Having Corbenik on the CTRNAND just sounds like a pain to maintain. It's not just one single file to replace, it's entire folders that would need to replaced for update.
No. Well, I mean...nothing is stopping you from putting the binary there, but you still would need an SD inserted.
BTW, I actually did test this a few weeks ago. It does indeed boot to the bootloader, but then failed to boot into the OFW from there.

Last edited by The Catboy,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll say this every time I see one of these types of reports: Please enable the relevant options and post logs. The logs tell me what you do and don't have enabled, they give debugging information and allow me to see what exactly happens during the process of patching and booting the system. I can't debug without them unless it's something that prevents logging from occurring (and this narrows it down. A lot.)
Thanks. I'm a complete noob when it comes to Corbenik. Is this the file you need? You'll just have to bear with me.

Attachments

• boot.log.txt
    7 KB · Views: 197

repulse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty noobish question, what's the purpose of Fake Friends module ?

EDIT : nevermind, juste figured it out.

Last edited by repulse,

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I'm a complete noob when it comes to Corbenik. Is this the file you need? You'll just have to bear with me.

You don't have system module injection enabled. It's mandatory for region-free patches - they may be enabled, but they don't get applied without loader. T_T

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have system module injection enabled. It's mandatory for region-free patches - they may be enabled, but they don't get applied without loader. T_T
Thank you. That worked. I guess I'm used to Luma3DS doing a lot of that stuff for me. I'll learn to use this properly. Hopefully sooner rather than later so I don't bug you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol