Hacking Official Corbenik - Another CFW for advanced users (with bytecode patches!)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wanted to use it. Will it work with A9LH on firmware 10.5? Should I use it with sysNAND or with an emuNAND?
It will work on 10.5 and A9LH, but you may need to find your own firmware files for 10.5. It's completely safe to use on sysNAND and I honestly don't suggest using emuNANDS anymore.
Just be aware, any issues you run into will not be fixed.

Rafa10PT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It will work on 10.5 and A9LH, but you may need to find your own firmware files for 10.5. It's completely safe to use on sysNAND and I honestly don't suggest using emuNANDS anymore.
Just be aware, any issues you run into will not be fixed.
No problem. I will keep making backups of my sysNAND.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wrote 10.5 without noticing, I meant 11.5 instead.

Last edited by Rafa10PT,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No problem. I will backup keep making backups of my sysNAND.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wrote 10.5 without noticing, I meant 11.5 instead.
This will work on 11.5 with the 11.4 NATIVE_FIRM
But reboot patches are broken

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
OK. Does that mean it isn't programmed to support 11.5 NATIVE_FIRM?
Actually it's because 11.5 didn't add a new NATIVE_FIRM and is still using the 11.4 NATIVE_FIRM.
11.4 actually broke the reboot patches and Chaos was dealing with other issues at the time. He got them kind of fixed it and then other stuff happened.

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually it's because 11.5 didn't add a new NATIVE_FIRM and is still using the 11.4 NATIVE_FIRM.
11.4 actually broke the reboot patches and Chaos was dealing with other issues at the time. He got them kind of fixed it and then other stuff happened.

I'm pretty sure I got firmlaunch fixed before I started on sighax (and that was ultimately what killed my enthusiasm.) The current "stable" release is completely broken.

To be honest though, unless one intends to fork corbenik or is prepared at very least to patch potential issues in the code/patches, I suggest avoiding it. It's only a matter of time before the code breaks.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm pretty sure I got firmlaunch fixed before I started on sighax (and that was ultimately what killed my enthusiasm.) The current "stable" release is completely broken.

To be honest though, unless one intends to fork corbenik or is prepared at very least to patch potential issues in the code/patches, I suggest avoiding it. It's only a matter of time before the code breaks.
I know the last nightly said it was party fixed. I didn't get a chance to test it because I had put testing aside at the time to deal with personal issues.
The Temp missed you, btw. I hope everything is going good for you

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: gnmmarechal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton