Hacking Official Corbenik - Another CFW for advanced users (with bytecode patches!)

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on it. I've hit a couple of snafus, but I'm working on it. I need a break now, however. I've been at it a few hours and I'm sleepy.

ARM11 functions via arm11.c seem entirely non-functional, so I think something isn't working right with the environment change. It's going to require a refactor. I'm unsure what's going on, but I might be causing an exception on arm11 (?)

It also seems TWL and AGB don't decrypt correctly. I'm assuming some keys that should be loaded aren't.

Either way, it's in no state to be used yet. If you use the nightly right now, it's at your own risk. It sort of works, but you'll need pre-existing decrypted TWL and AGB firms if you want TWL and AGB to work correctly.

Also, the next nightly has likely broken arm9loaderhax support for the moment. It'll be fixed when I finish refactoring; for now, I recommend staying away from nightlies until things stabilize.

Last edited by chaoskagami,

GravitySuitCollector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this be run from Luma's chainloader?
You can, but keep in mind that it won't reboot into Corbenik (at least it doesn't for me). It ends up loading luma again from the root of the sd card (boot.firm). It's important to note for things like settings, gba vc, and extended memory games. Corbenik can also chainload, but I have not tested it since b9s's release/install.

Also, do keep in mind that chaoskagami is still actively working on fixes for the a9lh to b9s switch. Corbenik does give more control, too, which leaves more to break. Make sure to go over all of the readme, and pay attention to the must haves as far as options and patches to have enabled (don't be this guy: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5uvl26/always_do_and_keep_nand_backups/).

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
So I tried the latest nightly build for skieth and it supports b9s with firm fine as far as I can tell.The only thing is my splash screen comes up glitchy and chain loading seems broken.
which nightly was it? is it still the most recent one?

Ah. I forgot to comment out the screeninit call in the chainloader code. This is a one line change, so I'll take care of that.

Splash being broken is due to the slapdash code fix I made to use BGR24 mode instead of ABGR32. I didn't test backgrounds; I apologize.

You'll probably also notice the screen turns on regardless of silent mode; there's nothing I can do about this, either; at least not without going in and doing the refactor.

I'd hoped that that b9s would support other framebuffer modes, but as per usual, the scene doesn't consider edge cases. Honestly, BGR24 has terrible thoroughput due to huge amounts of unaligned writes; I don't know why people haven't considered alternate display modes when they only use two or three colors.

I don't have the time to get the work done for the proper fix right now (sadly.) As I've said; it's not really working. You should either use a9lh and an old build, or b9s and another CFW for now if you're terribly impatient.

EDIT:

I would wait for the ban wave to pass first
or install it via fake update like I do.

I always wonder what the criteria for these bans are, since I never seem to get hit by them. Then again, I also always disable the "send information" options on my devices, even unhacked ones, and do so before I hack them. I also don't cheat online, and disable network when uneeded.

Then again, I gave myself gold pants. Why am I not banned? C'mon, nintendo.

Last edited by chaoskagami,

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always wonder what the criteria for these bans are, since I never seem to get hit by them. Then again, I also always disable the "send information" options on my devices, even unhacked ones, and do so before I hack them. I also don't cheat online, and disable network when uneeded.

Then again, I gave myself gold pants. Why am I not banned? C'mon, nintendo.

I've avoided game-breaking cheats as well, and have never been banned. its possible Nintendo is being a bit forgiving with things like no-lines or instant text (what I use)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I just got friendzoned by the girl i like :sleep:
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :ohnoes: oh wait.. Here they are. Thought I lost my Chips Ahoy cookies :cry:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And...