Hacking Official Corbenik - Another CFW for advanced users (with bytecode patches!)

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
now i have not all the error but i have makerom command not found and somme error 1
jesus fucking christ man do you think we know what the error is?! no!
I'm just gonna stop answering because you're completely incapable of looking up something on Google

Last edited by Wolfvak,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Reactions: laharl22

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get either Skeith nor Corbenik to properly load 11.1 NFIRM on n3ds. When I revert back to 11.0 Native it loads perfectly fine, but then trying to update to 11.1 just completely fails with this:
Loading NATIVE_FIRM
Loaded FIRM off filesystem
FIRM is decrypted
Data abort.
cpsr:600000df sp:27efff88 lr:23f0487c
r0:23f08238 r1:30000000 r2:23f13f20 r3:00000008
r4:30000000 r5:30000000 r6:2441c844 r7:4843434e
r8:2441c774 r9:23f15064 r10:23f15000 r11:2441c874
r12:ffffffbf
Cannot continue. Halting.
I've made sure I have everything set up, including the slot0x11key96.bin, the cetk files, even native.key to see if that would help. But I just can't seem to get it to work

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I can't seem to get either Skeith nor Corbenik to properly load 11.1 NFIRM on n3ds. When I revert back to 11.0 Native it loads perfectly fine, but then trying to update to 11.1 just completely fails with this:
Loading NATIVE_FIRM
Loaded FIRM off filesystem
FIRM is decrypted
Data abort.
cpsr:600000df sp:27efff88 lr:23f0487c
r0:23f08238 r1:30000000 r2:23f13f20 r3:00000008
r4:30000000 r5:30000000 r6:2441c844 r7:4843434e
r8:2441c774 r9:23f15064 r10:23f15000 r11:2441c874
r12:ffffffbf
Cannot continue. Halting.
I've made sure I have everything set up, including the slot0x11key96.bin, the cetk files, even native.key to see if that would help. But I just can't seem to get it to work
I think you require the latest version of Skeith, but it doesn't appear to have been compiled for some reason :unsure:
I can also confirm it doesn't work on my end either.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you require the latest version of Skeith, but it doesn't appear to have been compiled for some reason :unsure:
I can also confirm it doesn't work on my end either.
I just downloaded the latest skeith an hour ago, and I don't have the means to compile on my own. So I guess I will use 11.0 NFIRM until a new nightly is compiled

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I'll also confirm this is not fixed. You can blame two things here:

A) I refactored all of the firm handling code in a branch and that branch does not have the issue. Master does, because of the way it autodetects FIRMs (namely, not well.)
B) My laptop with the development toolchain failed, and I only just got my replacement 100% set up. This meant that not only was I incapable of development, but the skeith builds died for a bit.

I'm going to fix this issue today; I know what the issue is. Regardless, the refactor isn't done so it's more than likely that I'm going to have to make a hotfix/stable release.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes, I'll also confirm this is not fixed. You can blame two things here:

A) I refactored all of the firm handling code in a branch and that branch does not have the issue. Master does, because of the way it autodetects FIRMs (namely, not well.)
B) My laptop with the development toolchain failed, and I only just got my replacement 100% set up. This meant that not only was I incapable of development, but the skeith builds died for a bit.

I'm going to fix this issue today; I know what the issue is. Regardless, the refactor isn't done so it's more than likely that I'm going to have to make a hotfix/stable release.
I am glad to hear this is a known issue and to hear it's being fixed ^_^ No hurry!

Reactions: Gray_Jack

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Welp, had to clean up the in-progress refactor for general use, but the new release should theoretically be fine. I'm hoping, anyways. It's been tested on my o3ds and n3ds, so anything else would be unexpected. Skeith builds were restarted, but I'm not doing much in master regardless, and I need to move that to my VPS.

The worst part is the refactor isn't even done. I just got it to a point where it was mergeable. This is really a hotfix release.

In this release, many things have had minor tweaks for usability and cleanup of earlier, less flexible behavior.

For users:
  • CETK and firmkeys no longer go in /corbenik/share/keys, they go in /corbenik/lib/firmware.
  • Cache, bytecode, and config format has changed. This is a mandatory clean install.
  • Corbenik can now use different configuration information on different consoles, and configs are now named by the first dword of the NAND CID.
  • 'Save configuration' has been removed. Config is automatically saved and recached on exiting the toplevel options menu.
  • Glitchy menu gap was partially fixed on o3ds. You may notice the scroll window being slightly off; I'm aware.
  • Firmwares are now detected by a heuristic rather than static comparison against a known table. In practice, there may be edge cases, but so long as nintendo doesn't add another section ALL FIRMWARES are supported now and in the future. Whether patches are supported is another story, sadly.
  • Added a 2.x firmprot patch based on the code from Luma.
  • System modules are now loaded from subdirectories. This allows usage of TWL/AGB system modules (of which there's only one useful modification, TwlBg)
For developers:
  • Corbenik now uses almost entirely dynamic allocations instead of static memory offsets and buffers.
  • The entire FIRM decryption code was rewritten to be more flexible than the originally in-use heavily modified cakes code. Some bits still remain, but a large portion of logic has changed.
  • All writable strings have been eliminated and this is now an error.
  • Configuration is now (partially) backend independent within the main corbenik code, and additionally has had groundwork to support multiple firmware files. This is not exposed in the interface, but some careful manual modification of configurations allows changing the firm paths.
  • Add some basic unit testing which is a big TODO. Blame 11.1 for forcing an early merge of this. Work will continue.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Downloaded the update now, will report back later on results. It may not be until 18:00 or later Eastern time though, since I work today. But does give me plenty of opportunities to test the update in the field.
EDIT: Do we still need the "keys" folder?

Last edited by The Catboy,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Downloaded the update now, will report back later on results. It may not be until 18:00 or later Eastern time though, since I work today. But does give me plenty of opportunities to test the update in the field.
EDIT: Do we still need the "keys" folder?
Probably not, I made the updater move the cetk to the firmware dir and there's nothing else in keys, is there? And mine still works, so there's that.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So there does appear to be a bit of a bug. Using Dim background causes minor graphical glitches on my old3DS.
For some reason it doesn't show up in screenshots, so I had to take a picture with my phone
0927160747a.jpg
screenshot.png

Reactions: gnmmarechal

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the instruction have changed ?because i have blackscreen on bott

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

firmlaunch failed with the native firm for ol3ds renamed to native and placed to lib/firmware

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
the instruction have changed ?because i have blackscreen on bott

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

firmlaunch failed with the native firm for ol3ds renamed to native and placed to lib/firmware
What about the cetk? It goes on the same dir as native, twl and agb now.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...