Hacking Official Corbenik - Another CFW for advanced users (with bytecode patches!)

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
The firm file need to be renamed to firmware.bin maybe?i have old3ds

I haven't tested O3DS at all thus far, and I know it won't work quite right until I get a few more bits in place. You need the reboot patch there, which is why I'm not recommending anyone besides N3DS users try this.

And no, it won't work if you rename it. It doesn't look for a file named firmware.bin, so that's beyond wrong.

Can you give the error text or a directory listing? To be clear, your firmware should be at: `/corbenik/firmware/native` and your firmkey should be `/corbenik/keys/native.key`

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I have failed to decrypt firmware this is fatal .aborting

The random letters in square brackets are the important part. They tell me what step it failed on. Paste that here. Or better yet, just tell me which one is before the exclamation point.

Last edited by chaoskagami,

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
i have make a folder native in firmware this is correct ? i try redownload an other firmkey

native is a FILE. Not a folder. There is no extension on the file itself. Hell will break loose if native is a folder, namely, you'll probably outright crash without any nice debug info. If you can't answer questions, I can't help you.

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you need help setting up or an explanation as to what Corbenik does, you are very obviously not the target audience for this. Save your breath and save OP's time.

Reactions: CrispyCola

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
but on the firmware folder i need native subfolder ?

No. native is a file, native IS the firmware.bin. How many times need I say this? :hateit:

I recommend for your own safety, you continue to use Luma.

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
i have firm load friggered i want use your cfw

Don't. Please switch back to Luma. It's good enough for 90% of people and prevents shooting yourself in the foot.

(Also, you evidently made native a folder, which I said NOT to do. Stopping on Firm Load Triggered and then radio silence means fatfs crashed while attempting to open a file. God, do I need to actually document that 'lack of file extension' != folder? I underestimated people.)

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't. Please switch back to Luma. It's good enough for 90% of people and prevents shooting yourself in the foot.

(Also, you evidently made native a folder, which I said NOT to do. Stopping on Firm Load Triggered and then radio silence means fatfs crashed while attempting to open a file. God, do I need to actually document that 'lack of file extension' != folder? I underestimated people.)
no i removed the native folder and placed 00000052 file on firmware folder i dont undersantd i not a noob just a middle noob lol

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
no i removed the native folder and placed 00000052 file on firmware folder i dont undersantd i not a noob just a middle noob lol

Look, you don't know what you're doing. Stop. Go back to Luma, and keep using your 3DS like you always have. There's nothing wrong with Luma, and I won't fault you for it.

I'm not going to offer any more help, because I don't want any bricks on my hands. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Look, you don't know what you're doing. Stop. Go back to Luma, and keep using your 3DS like you always have. There's nothing wrong with Luma, and I won't fault you for it.

I'm not going to offer any more help, because I don't want any bricks on my hands. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I make a clean install i dont how it doesnt work if anyone can PM o3ds files for see it is work

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
frimware.bin rename to "native" without extension. do not give the any extensions! then put it on firmware folder.

Sent from my 403SC using Tapatalk

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if anyone has tested this on an old 3DS, but being a CFW slut, I am testing it anyways!

There's no reboot patch, so your experience may not be perfect. Should work, though. Let me know. :P

Technically supported, but it doesn't have patches for actually fixing AGB/TWL signatures yet.

I'm moving the docs to github's wiki at the moment.

Reactions: stl25

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy