Confirmed Nintendo Switch is using stock Nvidia Tegra X1, no modifications.

All is confirmed the Nintendo Switch is powered by stock Nvidia Tegra X1, same chipset used in Shield TV. The most surprising is the retention of 4 Cortex A53 processor cores, which have no use in the Nintendo switch as they can't be operated at the same time when Cortex A57 cores are running due to the ARM big.little configuration setup.

main-unit-6.jpg

Nvidia-T210.jpg

After subsequent processing of the GPU from the Nintendo Switch, we have determined that the processor is the Nvidia Tegra T210. The T210 CPU features 4 Cortex A57 and 4 Cortex A53 processor cores and the GPU is a GM20B Maxell core.

http://techinsights.com/about-techinsights/overview/blog/nintendo-switch-teardown/

Nvidia Tegra X1 features
  • 8 core CPU (4 x Cortex A57 and 4 x Cortex A53)
  • GPU is a GM20B Maxell core

A comparison to Shield TV. Switch specs on the left, and Shield TV on the right. The clock speeds are reported from Eurogamer, which are very much true.

• RAM: 4GB vs 3GB
  • CPU: 1Ghz vs. 2Ghz
  • GPU: 3 modes:307.2Mhz/384Mhz/768Mhz vs 1Ghz

Shield TV is clocked higher initially in both CPU and GPU, but don't forget Shield TV can't keep these clock speeds up for long, it throttles down to the exact switch's dock clockspeeds. Which further supports a stock X1.

Last edited by heartgold,

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a lot of that going around on the internet nowadays.

Let's just take a look-see at what similar USB-C peripherals are priced at.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=A9334000

Hmm...and it doesn't even come with a wall adapter.

I'm aware of that, as I wasn't even aware of the components of the dock until I read this:
http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/13/14268270/what-does-the-nintendo-switch-dock-do

It pretty much states that the third party USB-C docks that can power devices while outputting to HDMI cost similar to the switch's dock. However, you could have just added a power cable and HDMI port to the switch itself.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can slap it the other way, what can justify 90 bucks price? Motion capture? Same thing, price slapped on it with you not being able to make argument on why this tech worth this price.

It's not because everyone do a thing that this thing is legit/good.

Example?
Telecom was around 75-80 euros (per month) during a long period, every Telecom dispenser was doing the same price so everyone assumed tech was worth this price.
One day a new Telecom dispenser came and broke the silent rule, boom, 25-40 euros price. Everyone was freaking out, "something must be wrong somewhere", "must be scam". Guess what, it took them a long time to understand that the other Telecom dispensers was ripping their wallets during all those years.

At the end? Everyone went on the 25-40 price range, and people were happy.
Two microcontrollers with Bluetooth 4.1 and BLE, plus an extra microcontroller probably to handle the infrared camera and NFC, two 6DoF IMUs as well. Also two linear resonant actuators for HD rumble. A lot of the tech in the Switch (ie USB-C) is fairly new and component prices haven't fallen just yet.

Honestly? The Joy-Con prices are a steal for what you get. An HTC Vive controller replacement is $130 and has a similar range of tech (Linear Resonant Actuators, IMU, input, plus a bunch of photodiodes).

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I'm gonna say this. Either

Nintendo OS is ported to Shield TV for dual booting

Or

Android is ported to Switch for dual booting.

I'll buy the one that gets dual booting first!

Expect to wait 2+ years (more likely 3/4) for "stable" android on switch (which is more likely than Nintendo OS on Shield TV)

Or

Never on Nintendo OS on Shield TV

BUT it's all just speculation. First we need to have Switch hacking possible and useable (just that might be 2 years)

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Two microcontrollers with Bluetooth 4.1 and BLE, plus an extra microcontroller probably to handle the infrared camera and NFC, two 6DoF IMUs as well. Also two linear resonant actuators for HD rumble. A lot of the tech in the Switch (ie USB-C) is fairly new and component prices haven't fallen just yet.

Honestly? The Joy-Con prices are a steal for what you get. An HTC Vive controller replacement is $130 and has a similar range of tech (Linear Resonant Actuators, IMU, input, plus a bunch of photodiodes).
Bluetooth 4.1/BLE, NFC, infrared camera are old tech. I don't mean they are useless but it's mass produced now and miniaturization on it is quite efficient in term of cost and performance. (and it's 3.0 bluetooth on joycon (sauce) with Nintendo site, wtf?)
HD rumble? well it not a long axis vibration, it's a short axis one (sauce). It's not ground breaking neither it's new but I agree that it is not usual. (featuring: very long HD 12k decaf vibrator... well it's a rumble motor)/s
I would like to see where you found the 6Dof IMU tech usage, I'm very interested about how they handle it.
USB-C is ~2.5 years old, it's far from new. It just not has been normalized, 3.0 and 3.1 being more used for the moment.

And about HTC vive, you mean the tech that was announced at 400-500 price range, but as the hype grown, it went to 700 for some and 900-1000 for other without explanation from the researcher? Motion tracking is not a new tech, it's application to such usage is though.
Edit: rant here because I waited since the start of Oculus project start, as it was seen as a good deal in terms of tech/price. It was something concrete then they fucked things up.

side post: Sony VR headset being ported by independent devs on PC make it appealing, and even if there a quality difference, IMO it a better choice in term of price for a VR headset.

Last edited by Molina,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah we're still shooting guns but this time we're shooting them at ZOMBIES wew
another simple minded fucktard that cant see past gta or cod.

name me one nintendo title/brand that you cant find on the console before it?

wait....

Mario.....
Mario (insert activity)....
Mario Kart.....
Mario Party.....
Super Mario Bros.....
Zelda.....
Pokemon.....

but yea, you just see games like cod and gta..... yet there are shit loads of titles out that have been massive block busters.

Last edited by ,

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
name me one nintendo title/brand that you cant find on the console before it?
Switch, Arms
Wii U, Splatoon
Wii, Wii Fit
Gamecube, Pikmin

They invent new game concepts every generation but nice try. Xbox has lots of interesting games- Titanfall, Gears of War, Halo, Dead Rising, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Destiny, Fallout, Bioshock...

But if you get bored of pointing and shooting you can always play the 24th iteration of FIFA

Last edited by amoulton,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch, Arms
Wii U, Splatoon
Wii, Wii Fit
Gamecube, Pikmin

They invent new game concepts every generation but nice try. Xbox has lots of interesting games... Titanfall, Gears of War, Halo, Dead Rising, Battlefield...

Wow, you named epic block busters there bud, erm splatoon - if your a 3 year old, this game has a fun factor of what 5, its not something youd play and think FUCK ME I MUST PLAY THIS AGAIN, its a shovelware app thats all.
Wii Fit - well again another BS app, not even going to comment about that one.
Pikmin - yup another title thats like an app.

Here i will give you an example.... but cant go beyond the cube because thats i when nintendo started going shit.
N64: CBFD, OoT, Majoras Mask, RE2, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, DK64, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Castle Vania Legacy of Darkness, Duke Nukem Zero Hour....
CUBE: Star Fox Adventures, Twilight Princess, Eternal Darkness, RE, RE0, RE4, Metal Gear TS

These are games, not shovelware basic apps that have a short life, nothing of value that makes you pick it up again after completing.

the wii lacked these, it was littered with shitty ports, shitty party/sport mini games.

the wii u lacked even more, it had old last gen ports.

the switch..... well

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow, you named epic block busters there bud, erm splatoon - if your a 3 year old, this game has a fun factor of what 5, its not something youd play and think FUCK ME I MUST PLAY THIS AGAIN, its a shovelware app thats all.
Wut?
The game is not really my taste either, specially because I am not into FPS, but calling that a game for 3 years old just because you don't like it?
That shit is competitive as fuck, and for whoever likes that it is very addictive, so yes they will play and think "FUCK ME I MUST PLAY THIS AGAIN".
Ugh...

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: TheCyberQuake

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wut?
The game is not really my taste either, specially because I am not into FPS, but calling that a game for 3 years old just because you don't like it?
That shit is competitive as fuck, and for whoever likes that it is very addictive, so yes the will play and think "FUCK ME I MUST PLAY THIS AGAIN".
Ugh...

no, its a game aimed for kids, it might be fun..... for a while but not something i would pick up few months or years later and think yea lets give this a blast again.

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Wii Fit - well again another BS app, not even going to comment about that one.
Pikmin - yup another title thats like an app.

Here i will give you an example.... but cant go beyond the cube because thats i when nintendo started going shit.
N64: CBFD, OoT, Majoras Mask, RE2, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, DK64, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Castle Vania Legacy of Darkness, Duke Nukem Zero Hour....
CUBE: Star Fox Adventures, Twilight Princess, Eternal Darkness, RE, RE0, RE4, Metal Gear TS

These are games, not shovelware basic apps that have a short life, nothing of value that makes you pick it up again after completing.

the wii lacked these, it was littered with shitty ports, shitty party/sport mini games.

the wii u lacked even more, it had old last gen ports.

the switch..... well
Well you self named a few Zelda titles.
To be honest, i would like have more of party games / games for multiple people than always the same few games with a different art style. No really. My Steam Library has around 450 Games. Only the Indie Games are having something i miss on the other games. Before you say it. Yes there are also many trash games.

Also i like how you call everyone a switch fanboy, but the only thing you do is hyping everything else and say Nintendo sucks. Really disappointing.
It let's you look like a really young kid compared to the real kids here. No insult, just saying.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you self named a few Zelda titles.
To be honest, i would like have more of party games / games for multiple people than always the same few games with a different art style. No really. My Steam Library has around 450 Games. Only the Indie Games are having something i miss on the other games. Before you say it. Yes there are also many trash games.

Also i like how you call everyone a switch fanboy, but the only thing you do is hyping everything else and say Nintendo sucks. Really disappointing.
It let's you look like a really young kid compared to the real kids here. No insult, just saying.

I can only consider them as fanboys if they sit there and refuse to accept this switch is a cheap ass nasty console and because they dont have the faults, they dont exist.

i named a few zelda titles that are good, mainly the N64, the only reason i have twilight princess is because of its value worth, the game is actually rather shit and i cant be arsed to complete it because it bores me, its basically the same shit..... and i have had it since launch.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's narrow minded as fuck.
sure. i want to sit running around pain balling bright colors and shit.

like i said, it might be fun, but personally for me, it would be a game that gets played a little then its sat doing fuck all.

now back to my problem with nintendo consoles, these are the type of games it gets, i wont play, so it lacks the third party titles i do play, so this £280 console ends up sat doing nothing, collecting dust.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sure. i want to sit running around pain balling bright colors and shit.

like i said, it might be fun, but personally for me, it would be a game that gets played a little then its sat doing fuck all.

now back to my problem with nintendo consoles, these are the type of games it gets, i wont play, so it lacks the third party titles i do play, so this £280 console ends up sat doing nothing, collecting dust.
Have you noticed how your center everything around "you", but try to pass it as general facts for everyone?
Have you considered perhaps that the world does not revolve around you? Perhaps, I say.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH, that sounds pretentious as fuck.
Sounds like a kid trying to scream and pretend he is not a kid and falling for his own stupidity.

point made, because i dont like playing the same old titles aged more towards children and have nothing to them other than a quick 20-20 mins wow factor.

so my stupidity then means your saying nintendo has had the excellent titles.... that it clearly didnt get because it always lacks the third party support.... due to hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4