Confirmed Nintendo Switch is using stock Nvidia Tegra X1, no modifications.

All is confirmed the Nintendo Switch is powered by stock Nvidia Tegra X1, same chipset used in Shield TV. The most surprising is the retention of 4 Cortex A53 processor cores, which have no use in the Nintendo switch as they can't be operated at the same time when Cortex A57 cores are running due to the ARM big.little configuration setup.

main-unit-6.jpg

Nvidia-T210.jpg

After subsequent processing of the GPU from the Nintendo Switch, we have determined that the processor is the Nvidia Tegra T210. The T210 CPU features 4 Cortex A57 and 4 Cortex A53 processor cores and the GPU is a GM20B Maxell core.

http://techinsights.com/about-techinsights/overview/blog/nintendo-switch-teardown/

Nvidia Tegra X1 features
  • 8 core CPU (4 x Cortex A57 and 4 x Cortex A53)
  • GPU is a GM20B Maxell core

A comparison to Shield TV. Switch specs on the left, and Shield TV on the right. The clock speeds are reported from Eurogamer, which are very much true.

• RAM: 4GB vs 3GB
  • CPU: 1Ghz vs. 2Ghz
  • GPU: 3 modes:307.2Mhz/384Mhz/768Mhz vs 1Ghz

Shield TV is clocked higher initially in both CPU and GPU, but don't forget Shield TV can't keep these clock speeds up for long, it throttles down to the exact switch's dock clockspeeds. Which further supports a stock X1.

Last edited by heartgold,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Third party support and Nintendo games on the same system is too much to ask?, my wishful thinking is they will release a competitive home console on par with the ps5 and Xbox 2, but due to Nintendo past history they might release a switch 2, goes third party or release a successor of the 3ds
As much as you may not like to acknowledge it, the Wii had extensive third party support.
Just take a look at the number of games made for the system by third parties.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Third party support and Nintendo games on the same system is too much to ask?, my wishful thinking is they will release a competitive home console on par with the ps5 and Xbox 2, but due to Nintendo past history they might release a switch 2, goes third party or release a successor of the 3ds
well i can say this with 100% gurantee that you can expect another early console off nintendo come the launch of Sony/Ms's next gen consoles.

yes folk sorry to say but you have invested £280+ in a console that is already inferior to current (last gen) systems, so do not be expecting future third parties to port its next title to the switch unless it can be dumbed down.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As much as you may not like to acknowledge it, the Wii had extensive third party support.

now take out all those games that were basic party/sport/mini game based titles.

the wii never really had anything massive compared to 360/PS3.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well i can say this with 100% gurantee that you can expect another early console off nintendo come the launch of Sony/Ms's next gen consoles.

yes folk sorry to say but you have invested £280+ in a console that is already inferior to current (last gen) systems, so do not be expecting future third parties to port its next title to the switch unless it can be dumbed down.
No please, I want third party support, but not that shit.
Like in the past, good AAA original games.
Third party support is required for it to go on, but not photocopied games. Having exclussive original third party games developed for it has way more appeal that getting a boring multiplat that will run worse than in other console one already owns.
now take out all those games that were basic party/sport/mini game based titles I don't like.

the wii never really had anything massive compared to 360/PS3.
But it had what I wanted.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It has but it didn't have a lot of AAA titles like mass effect, dead space (besides extraction), skyrim, bayonetta, battlefield, borderlands, midnight club, metro 2033, and the list goes, so in order to play those games I need to buy two different systems on the same generation, that's the main problem

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It has but it didn't have a lot of AAA titles like mass effect, dead space (besides extraction), skyrim, bayonetta, battlefield, borderlands, midnight club, metro 2033, and the list goes, so in order to play those games I need to buy two different systems on the same generation, that's the main problem
Is that really a problem? Do you really want every photocopied multiplats? Don't you already own an XB1/PS4 anyway?
I mean, I really want third party support, but games different than what I get in other platforms from third parties, some but not every multiplat... it gets boring.

My real opinion. "How would you improve the switch":
- Killing the 3DS today and channeling all efforts into the Switch.
- Games. More games.
- Third party support. Japanese games specially.
- More battery life.

PS: I don't want shitty multiplatform AAA games, I want good games designed specifically for the Switch.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it had what I wanted.
[/QUOTE]
nice edit, its not that i dont like, its fact, the wii was littered with the same type of games.

you like that shit, good for you, but it doesnt change the fact they have a problem when it comes to third party support.

you can name an endless list of great third party support that MS/SONY get, that nintendo dont..... even games that start off on nintendo are avoiding them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is that really a problem? Do you really want every photocopied multiplats? Don't you already own an XB1/PS4 anyway?
I mean, I really want third party support, but games different than what I get in other platforms from third parties, some but not every multiplat... it gets boring.

when you buy a console you want that option to play games.... not be forced with fuck all but the same old nintendo titles.

you cant win with fanboys, they refuse to see the point because it makes their beloved console look like what it actually is.

so your saying then, if Capcom releases a new Resident Evil title (say RE2 remake) and you already have plenty of recent titles to play on the XBX1/PS4, but nothing new for the Switch, would you not think tell you what i will buy this for the switch so i have something new to play?

Reactions: DrkBeam

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Not everyone buy two systems or have a gaming PC, Xbox one and ps4 I think they have eclusives and third party support, Nintendo doesn't

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not everyone buy two systems or have a gaming PC, Xbox one and ps4 I think they have eclusives and third party support, Nintendo doesn't
even if you do own all the systems, do you not deserve the support to play these games, or have it sat doing nothing while MS/SONY gets the game support?

it doesnt get the support because it doesnt have the hardware
it doesnt have the hardware because nintendo want to be cheap

Last edited by ,

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you cant win with fanboys, they refuse to see the point because it makes their beloved console look like what it actually is.

so your saying then, if Capcom releases a new Resident Evil title (say RE2 remake) and you already have plenty of recent titles to play on the XBX1/PS4, but nothing new for the Switch, would you not think tell you what i will buy this for the switch so i have something new to play?
I already stated I own an XB1, and I play it, it is a great console. It gets many things I want, but there are many things I want it doesn't get.
You still think everybody but yourself is a fanboy, open your mind already.
I stated many times I want third party support, not just Nintendo games, a lot of third party support... not just multiplatform games, because having the same game 1000s times is boring. I want specific games made for the switch by third parties, like e.g. Konami did back in the day with the above excellent Castlevanias on the Nintendo DS. New games, not what I already play somewhere else.

PS: I think you people are mixing the concepts of third party support and multiplatform.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I am, I mean Multiplatform games
I think using Resident Evil as an example was pretty clear.

if the switch was out in time, not saying it couldn't come now, but take the concept of its portable home gaming experience and add RE7, not that i like the game, but name one thing this would do good for the console.

freaky survival horror in the palm of your hand.

now its not likley Re7 will come because its not they type of game nintendo allow on its consoles. but from the horses mouth

"I think it's a very unique piece of hardware," producer Masachika Kawata explained.

"I'm looking forward to the possibilities of the system itself, but we have no plans at the moment regarding Resident Evil on Switch."

so basically putting it nicely that its hardware is not capable. unless its dumbed down alot, then it will never see the light of day.

D

Deleted-401606

The problem is that nintendo is obligating us to buy a ps4 or xb1 to play the latest games. Back in the n64 and GC era you only needed to own a nintendo console to play most if not all the games.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that nintendo is obligating us to buy a ps4 or xb1 to play the latest games. Back in the n64 and GC era you only needed to own a nintendo console to play most if not all the games.

thing is, tho the N64 did have alot of good games, it didnt help been cart based, while the PS1 seemed to move forward and pushed games into a different direction.

cube again had less games and the PS2/XBX did epic when it came to games..... i can hold my gamecube collection in one hand, my PS2/XBX has to be in a book shelf.

but i think the switch been cart based isnt doing it any favors when it comes to cost, it reflects on the price of the game, take Zelda (no idea why its priced the same for the wii u, its a total rip off) but £55, basic PS4/XBX1 games dont cost that much, unless your fooled into its "Special Edition" versions which basically just offer an extra skin/weapon/map.

But seems large games are going to cost more, no thanks to cart based storage again.

Nintendo been cheap offering a measly 32GB internal storage.... imagine how much digital games you can hold.... note Zelda is what 8GB, so if you had other games similar thats a massive 4 games youll be able to store, so yup pass that expense onto the customer to buy bigger storage.

Trophies
XP
Country
France
All 3rd party games will easily ported to the Nintendo Switch. Even with 0.55Tf, 90% of multiplatform games won't even require a downgrade. And if it still lags, downgrade to 720p instead of 900p. FIFA is still released on Xbox 360, which is actually much less poweful than the Switch. GTA V was first on X360/PS3. Decent games also were ported from PS3/PS4 to the Vita, which is even less powerful. Plus, the Switch is actually pretty easy to program on.

As for the storage, there is a very, very simple reason of why Nintendo hasn't included more than 32 GB. The cost. PS4/XB1 use HDD. a decent 1 TB HDD costs less than $50. The Switch being portable, an SSD is mandatory. Whhops! a 1 TB SSD costs $350-450. Even decent 128 GB µSD cards cost almost $100. People are already complaining about the current price of the Switch, but even 100 GB of storage would have increased its price by 15-20%, making it just not sellable.

Reactions: spotanjo3

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
All 3rd party games will easily ported to the Nintendo Switch. Even with 0.55Tf, 90% of multiplatform games won't even require a downgrade. And if it still lags, downgrade to 720p instead of 900p. FIFA is still released on Xbox 360, which is actually much less poweful than the Switch. GTA V was first on X360/PS3. Decent games also were ported from PS3/PS4 to the Vita, which is even less powerful. Plus, the Switch is actually pretty easy to program on.

As for the storage, there is a very, very simple reason of why Nintendo hasn't included more than 32 GB. The cost. PS4/XB1 use HDD. a decent 1 TB HDD costs less than $50. The Switch being portable, an SSD is mandatory. Whhops! a 1 TB SSD costs $350-450. Even decent 128 GB µSD cards cost almost $100. People are already complaining about the current price of the Switch, but even 100 GB of storage would have increased its price by 15-20%, making it just not sellable.
Still, they could have opted for 64GB and not seen a price increase. The MicroSD slot is great but having to buy a massive MSD just for the sake of carrying a few games is a swift kick in the teeth.

I guess after spending 150 on accessories, another 50 for a 128GB card isn't too bad. Still..

Last edited by Kioku,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all you will ever get is excuses to defend.

point of 32GB yes is cheap.... why didnt the wii u have more then.... wait it also was cheap and only gave 32GB.

thing is, it could have had a hdd installed, and theyre not exactly that expensive really.

but nope, its to cut down costs.

ports like the above wont happen as such, mostly because it wont have any return for the dev..... not really good if this "next gen" console is getting not last gen ports (ps4/xbx1) but the last gen before that (ps3/360).... the games are old and people already own them or can get them cheaper for that system.

im sure fifa will come, if ea are to support the console..... but i bet 90% of third parties will skip its titles for the switch and simply continue to support MS/SONy consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: