Confirmed Nintendo Switch is using stock Nvidia Tegra X1, no modifications.

All is confirmed the Nintendo Switch is powered by stock Nvidia Tegra X1, same chipset used in Shield TV. The most surprising is the retention of 4 Cortex A53 processor cores, which have no use in the Nintendo switch as they can't be operated at the same time when Cortex A57 cores are running due to the ARM big.little configuration setup.

main-unit-6.jpg

Nvidia-T210.jpg

After subsequent processing of the GPU from the Nintendo Switch, we have determined that the processor is the Nvidia Tegra T210. The T210 CPU features 4 Cortex A57 and 4 Cortex A53 processor cores and the GPU is a GM20B Maxell core.

http://techinsights.com/about-techinsights/overview/blog/nintendo-switch-teardown/

Nvidia Tegra X1 features
  • 8 core CPU (4 x Cortex A57 and 4 x Cortex A53)
  • GPU is a GM20B Maxell core

A comparison to Shield TV. Switch specs on the left, and Shield TV on the right. The clock speeds are reported from Eurogamer, which are very much true.

• RAM: 4GB vs 3GB
  • CPU: 1Ghz vs. 2Ghz
  • GPU: 3 modes:307.2Mhz/384Mhz/768Mhz vs 1Ghz

Shield TV is clocked higher initially in both CPU and GPU, but don't forget Shield TV can't keep these clock speeds up for long, it throttles down to the exact switch's dock clockspeeds. Which further supports a stock X1.

Last edited by heartgold,

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish they released a "Premium" Switch with glass screen, 256GB eMMC, lightweight metallic casing and metal joycons and a dock that doesn't suck.

I would have easily paid $500+ dollars for something like that.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: the_randomizer

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can see no matter what anyone says or does you seem intent on shitting all over the Switch, why are you even here? Just to troll the forum?

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Move-Motion-Controllers-Two-Pack/dp/B01LD7MR2C/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh I'm thinking you also need to purchase this as well?

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Camera/dp/B01LW1OM63/
Right because I totally said "they should have price it like sony does, at least they do not overprice it, DUH"
I own a Switch and have a lot of complain even though I enjoy playing with it. What I am seeing, is you fanboying so hard that you get triggered by sarcasm.

D

Deleted-401606

How many times do we need to have this pointed out? We get it, the hardware isn't PS4-level, what do people expect?

No one asked for it to be ps4 level.
I can see no matter what anyone says or does you seem intent on shitting all over the Switch, why are you even here? Just to troll the forum?

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Move-Motion-Controllers-Two-Pack/dp/B01LD7MR2C/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh I'm thinking you also need to purchase this as well?

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Camera/dp/B01LW1OM63/

Mr.Wizard you said the same things to me when I gave my opinion on the switch. Just because other people have differing opinions does not mean they are here to troll. Infact I fail to see how someone disliking the switch is trolling. Just because you find something offensive doesn't make it objectively offensive. This is a discussion board and people are having a good time. Why not relax and enjoy the show? Not everyone is going to agree with your viewpoints and thats okay.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and a dock that doesn't suck

Something all Switch owners, whether they'd be diehard fans or criticizers, can agree on: The dock is crap. I wish the dock could do more, and would pay more (or if I were to buy the dock itself, pay that 90USD value) for a sturdier dock that could further improve the switch.

Reactions: Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No one asked for it to be ps4 level.

Mr.Wizard you said the same things to me when I gave my opinion on the switch. Just because other people have differing opinions does not mean they are here to troll. Infact I fail to see how someone disliking the switch is trolling. Just because you find something offensive doesn't make it objectively offensive. This is a discussion board and people are having a good time. Why not relax and enjoy the show? Not everyone is going to agree with your viewpoints and thats okay.

I don't see any respectable arguments here, only illogical unfactual negative trolling. If I see any argument that makes any sense with facts to back it up then I have no problem with that. Saying that joycons are overpriced is just retarded, it is not sarcasm, not good sarcasm in any way shape or form. Sarcasm skill 0. And then calling me a fanboy because I called out that person's trolling just proves my point.

This is totally off topic anyway.

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something all Switch owners, whether they'd be diehard fans or criticizers, can agree on: The dock is crap. I wish the dock could do more, and would pay more (or if I were to buy the dock itself, pay that 90USD value) for a sturdier dock that could further improve the switch.

My theory is that like in a year and a half or whatever they're gonna come out with the "super" dock, and that supplemental computing device patent will come into play- with the tegra x2

D

Deleted-401606

I don't see any respectable arguments here, only illogical unfactual negative trolling. If I see any argument that makes any sense with facts to back it up then I have no problem with that. Saying that joycons are overpriced is just retarded, it is not sarcasm, not good sarcasm in any way shape or form. Sarcasm skill 0. And then calling me a fanboy because I called out that person's trolling just proves my point.

This is totally off topic anyway.

You dont see any respectable arguments because you can't respect the fact that other people have differing opinions from yourself. 80$ for a controller and 90$ for a dock is nothing but abuse.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You dont see any respectable arguments because you can't respect the fact that other people have differing opinions from yourself. 80$ for a controller and 90$ for a dock is nothing but abuse.

There is no sane person who would defend the dock at that price. Even the diehard fanatics who take every chance to trash other consoles (notably sony) and seem close-minded wouldn't defend that.

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Mr. Wizard

Molina

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't see any respectable arguments here, only illogical unfactual negative trolling.
Each time I went to talk about the switch, it was with stat and number (ty for the correcting about internal memory).

Saying that joycons are overpriced is just retarded, it is not sarcasm, not good sarcasm in any way shape or form. Sarcasm skill 0. And then calling me a fanboy because I called out that person's trolling just proves my point.
Retarded? Well that I was saying on my deleted post (for quoting a deleted post), I do not stop on what is good and look on both side. Joycon is a good piece of tech, but as Vita tech (so much people hyped Vita tech), it will be forte probably unused and nothing will justify this price. You going nut on pejoratives words after a sarcasm (I should have put /s flag, each time I forgot), well... talk for itself.

And I compared it about hardware.
I will not include software comparison to the price as you gain features and lose features in both case.
This shit right there is probably why there is such price.
Or else it's the Alienware of console. /s

Last edited by Molina,

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: TheCyberQuake

Molina

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, no you can't actually make a coherent argument as to why a motion controller isn't worth $40?
You can slap it the other way, what can justify 90 bucks price? Motion capture? Same thing, price slapped on it with you not being able to make argument on why this tech worth this price.

It's not because everyone do a thing that this thing is legit/good.

Example?
Telecom was around 75-80 euros (per month) during a long period, every Telecom dispenser was doing the same price so everyone assumed tech was worth this price.
One day a new Telecom dispenser came and broke the silent rule, boom, 25-40 euros price. Everyone was freaking out, "something must be wrong somewhere", "must be scam". Guess what, it took them a long time to understand that the other Telecom dispensers was ripping their wallets during all those years.

At the end? Everyone went on the 25-40 price range, and people were happy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: