Rumor Upcoming NVIDIA SoC leaked, might be used in a future Switch version or successor

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
OP
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
RUMOR: A future Switch console might utilize more powerful Nvidia technology

https://gonintendo.com/contents/975...might-utilize-more-powerful-nvidia-technology

It might even have DLSS and ray tracing support

Rumors about some sort of enhanced Switch have been rampant since the hybrid console first launched, but it seems like a new one may just be legit. The folks over at the GamingLeaksAndRumours subreddit have acquired an email from an Nvidia employee that offers some juicy details about what may be the next Nintendo console.

r/GamingLeaksAndRumours
Posted by u/followmeinblue1 day agoLeak
Comment by NVIDIA employee confirms existence of Tegra239 - the SoC likely to be used on the Nintendo Switch 2.
An NVIDIA employee has confirmed the existence of the Tegra239 chip which has been rumoured since 2021 as being developed for the next-generation Nintendo Switch. His comment which can be accessed at linux.org and states:
Adding support for Tegra239 SoC which has eight cores in a single cluster. Also, moving num_clusters to soc data to avoid over allocating memory for four clusters always.
This incident further corroborates reliable NVIDIA leaker kopite7kimi's assertion that NVIDIA will use a modified version of its T234 Orin chip for the next-generation Switch.
As of this leak, we now know the following details about the next Nintendo Switch console:
  • T239 SoC (info from above leak)
    • 8-core CPU - likely to be ARM Cortex A78C/A78 (inferred from above leak)
  • Ampere-based GPU that may incorporate some Lovelace features (source)

The main takeaway is that the next Nintendo console will use a more powerful Nvidia Tegra chip than the first that may even be capable of upscaling via DLSS 2.2 and ray-tracing based on its GPU architecture. Hopefully we’ll get to see a more powerful Switch sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Lightyose

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
"A future console might use more powerful hardware than the current one"?
I took the liberty of editing the title to something less ambiguous, please let me know if you would like to make any further changes.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus Christ guys, you don't all have to be sarcastic dickheads. OP isn't saying that the next console will use more powerful hardware like it's some revelation, they're just sharing specific info that might lend weight to rumours.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Jesus Christ guys, you don't all have to be sarcastic dickheads. OP isn't saying that the next console will use more powerful hardware like it's some revelation, they're just sharing specific info that might lend weight to rumours.
When title is worded

A future Switch console might utilize more powerful Nvidia technology
then I have different opinion.

Beside you're the first one who insulted somebody in this thread. 🤣

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When title is worded

then I have different opinion.
Yeah you're right, that does demand sarcasm, my bad.
Beside you're the first one who insulted somebody in this thread. 🤣
Yes? I was damning the kind of response, not insults. That's a total non-point, but keep defending your right to behave like an ass, by all means 👍🏻

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hell just look at the comments in the reddit thread its filled with a bunch of gullible idiots that have fallen for this "switch pro" and "switch 2" shit over and over again. these rumors really bring out the idiots

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hell just look at the comments in the reddit thread its filled with a bunch of gullible idiots that have fallen for this "switch pro" and "switch 2" shit over and over again. these rumors really bring out the idiots
Not a week goes by that I don't thank god I left Reddit behind a while back.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Dude, the OG switch took 3-4 hours on full charge. the new switch is pretty nice. im just hoping they improve the battery life more
I would expect they will go with 3-4 hours in next device.

Either performance or life battery if you want to stick into handheld form. All high end handheld consoles were going this way. Underpowered Nintendo handhelds had a room to expand their battery life. But since they announced they will go with newest technologies in new device, you can forget about higher numbers.

Reactions: sombrerosonic

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc this has already been confirmed earlier this year when nvidia got hacked.
According to the earlier hack we won't get the new console in 2 years or something like that. The specs look good right now but it's already outdated with the launch of rtx 4000 series.
Also nvidia please leave some bootrom exploit in your new soc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright