Nintendo Switch successor reportedly demoed to developers during Gamescom

nintendo-switch.jpg

Yet another Nintendo Switch 2 rumour is circulating. After reports of a 2024 launch and dev kits being sent to third-parties, Eurogamer has shared that Nintendo apparently showcased the handheld's successor to developers during Gamescom; during which the company demoed a "souped up version" The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. However, this was for the purpose of a tech demo, without any confirmation that the game will be re-released.

This report was corroborated by Video Games Chronicle (VGC)'s own sources. VGC's own report further mentions that another title was demoed on the system: Epic’s The Matrix Awakens Unreal Engine 5 tech demo which was used to showcase the PS5's and Xbox Series X's power in 2021.

VGC reports that the demo apparently leverages Nvidia’s DLSS upscaling technology, with advanced ray tracing enabled and visuals "comparable to Sony‘s and Microsoft’s current-gen consoles". However, the outlet also mentions that this does not mean that the Switch's successor will be as powerful as the PS5 or Xbox Series X; but Nintendo has hinted at the potential that it will utilise upscaling technology with its past patents.

Thanks to @Vine-gar for the tip and you can head to their original discussion thread here.

:arrow: SOURCE 1, SOURCE 2

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That was true until Steam Deck tbh
They've sold tens of millions of Switches since Steam Deck launched, and their audience is far more casual than PC gamers, so I doubt they're worried about it. Switch 2 probably won't have the raw power of Steam Deck either, it'll just heavily rely on DLSS for decent performance.

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Beteween the Pille of Shovelwere that is coming from now untill the end of year, we have these, its obvious they have a switch 2 announcment inbound

[September 1] Karateka Remastered
[September 13] Gunbrella
[September 12] MythForce
[September 13] Super Bomberman R 2
[September 14] Inspector Gadget: Mad Time Party
[September 15] NASCAR Arcade Rush
[September 19] Mortal Kombat 1
[September 28] Infinity Strash: DRAGON QUEST
[October 04] Hellboy: Web of Wyrd
[October 06] Borderlands 3
[October 31] The Last Faith
[October 17] Sonic Superstars
[November 02] RoboCop: Rogue City
[November 02] Star Ocean: The Second Story R
[November 02] Flashback 2
[November 03] WarioWare: Move It!
[November 14] Hogwarts Legacy (Probably a shit Port)
[September 14] SOLAR ASH (was exclusive for Playstation)
[November 16] The King of Fighters XIII: Global
[November 17] Super Mario RPG Remake
[November 17] Asterix & Obelix Slap Them All! 2
[December??]
Ports from Old Gen like Batman Arkham Trilogy/ Metal gear are Dismissed

[TBA 2024 No release date](Probably pushed for Switch 2)
Metroid 3
Metroid 4
UFO Robot Grendizer: The Feast of the Wolves
Crowsworn
Eiyuden Chronicles 100 Heroes
The Devil Within: Satgat
LOOPMANCER
Final Fantasy 7 Remake part 1 & 2
Kingdom Hearts 3
Kingdom Hearts 4
Replaced
9 Years of Shadows
Ravenswatch
Bushiden
Valfaris: Mecha Therion
Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake
Fallback
Another Space Opera - Episode 1
Demonschool
Gestalt: Steam & Cinder
Risk of Rain Returns
Buramoto
Savior
Suikoden I & II HD Remaster
House of the Dead 2
House of the Dead 3
House of the Dead 4
House of the Dead 5 Scarlet Dawn
Metal Slug 8
Puzzle Fighter
Panzer Dragoon II Zwei Remake
SEGA Racing Classic 1, 2 (AKA Daytona USA 2) (SRC2 ported to Yakuza Gaiden like a dragon)

Switch 2 launch predictions:
Mass Effect Trilogy
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Assassins Creed Ports (all the shitty new games that came after Unity)
Diablo 4
Call Of Duty Warzone
Elden Ring
Tekken 8

Last edited by ZER-O,

EduAAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's not a rumor, my best friend's brother works with someone whose father works for a big publisher and has one devkit at his office that they got some triple AAA ports almost ready to send them for first testings and patch everything reported, etc...

And he told me that one game is GTA V remaxtered (spin-off smart name imo) , gonna be an isometric game based on gta v game with 2d next gen animations.

It's confirmed that same day as console release day we gonna have Wind Waker HD portable!!!! Finally! Sad news is that it's not going to be backwards compatible but I don't know you but I'm gonna move to switch 2 as most of us gonna do.

Also in terms of power performance is gonna be very close to Xbox One X, so get ready to buy a good 4k tv, or if you are like me, use it just as a handheld.

499,99€ without game, gamepad and charger gonna be sold apart.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's not a rumor, my best friend's brother works with someone whose father works for a big publisher and has one devkit at his office that they got some triple AAA ports almost ready to send them for first testings and patch everything reported, etc...

And he told me that one game is GTA V remaxtered (spin-off smart name imo) , gonna be an isometric game based on gta v game with 2d next gen animations.

It's confirmed that same day as console release day we gonna have Wind Waker HD portable!!!! Finally! Sad news is that it's not going to be backwards compatible but I don't know you but I'm gonna move to switch 2 as most of us gonna do.

Also in terms of power performance is gonna be very close to Xbox One X, so get ready to buy a good 4k tv, or if you are like me, use it just as a handheld.

uh huh
71739359-jpg.54168

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But has it been hacked yet, that's the question.
YES, you can run Windows 11 on it since 1 April.
Post automatically merged:

Switch 2 probably won't have the raw power of Steam Deck either, it'll just heavily rely on DLSS for decent performance.
Not likely. Not sure why you might think Nvidia can't match a old chip from AMD.

Whether it is as powerful as Z1 extreme is the question.

Last edited by TomSwitch,

EduAAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That was true until Steam Deck tbh
Yeah, it's fucking amazing to search everywhere how to make run and old title, tinker using all kind of launch commands, a fork of official proton, so you can play 30 fps with some dips if you are lucky enough the game has 16:10 AR resolution, or you gonna have to play with a pretty stretched image. It's funny how the same dumbs that like to laugh about "already old since release day" Switch, that is a real handheld not a laptop mixed with an steam gamepad using an hydraulic press to be able to get that shit inside a 1kg gigantic shell.
Since Steam Deck now suddenly, it doesn't matter anymore to play old games using lowest graphic settings at 30 fps oh yeah, that's not hypocrite at all and stupid too because Wine is not an emulator, and don't teach me about that compatibility layer, it isn't an emulator because emulators have more compatibly than that shit rofl, the fuck way you try to make run non native apps games whatever in your device it's a way of emulating, don't give a crap because you are a geek and start talking about apis and whatnot, don't matter if you call it anotherway, it's purpose it's the same, oh it uses another way, so then lets call ll emulators, doplers, and hle emulators emulights, and also let's check what code language they use, and the true path to become autistic .

SD users love to stay in their circle jerk forums telling about how happy they are as if anyone fucking cares, also...man linux is sooooo awesome... of course I've never used it and never gonna use it in my powerful PC but let's say how awesome it is... fuck that bs off, you'd be able to have full compatibly if SD had been made focused on Windows ( as evil as it is, sometimes embrace the darkside got it's rewards ) and that stupid thing about how intuitive is their UI called game mode, as if they couldn't made it to work out of the box on Windows in fact, it is already made, it's called steam big mode, but but, game mode is soooo intuitive and well made that I grab your's and you mine while we try to play dunno, a 2d game made 9 years ago... if you are lucky and of course stretched rofl...

You know what? I just breaking your balls, come on, SD is cool, even thought the best way to play games is by streaming from your local land using your PC and don't know if it's their wifi module shit or crappy drivers, or their OS, or all at the same time but well, it doesn't work as one could expected to even with that small resolution with that fail 16:10 AR, sometimes works as bad as stream ps4 games to vita that lacked half needed buttons ^^

Last edited by EduAAA,

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They've sold tens of millions of Switches since Steam Deck launched, and their audience is far more casual than PC gamers, so I doubt they're worried about it. Switch 2 probably won't have the raw power of Steam Deck either, it'll just heavily rely on DLSS for decent performance.
I'm not saying Nintendo does not have the advantage (because it has, by far), but they are not alone in portable gaming anymore, that's really just about it. Switch used to be the only option, it'll still be the obvious choice for people who prefer consoles over PCs. I never meant they are or that they should be worried.
Yeah, it's fucking amazing to search everywhere how to make run and old title, tinker using all kind of launch commands, a fork of official proton, so you can play 30 fps with some dips if you are lucky enough the game has 16:10 AR resolution, or you gonna have to play with a pretty stretched image. It's funny how the same dumbs that like to laugh about "already old since release day" Switch, that is a real handheld not a laptop mixed with an steam gamepad using an hydraulic press to be able to get that shit inside a 1kg gigantic shell.
Since Steam Deck now suddenly, it doesn't matter anymore to play old games using lowest graphic settings at 30 fps oh yeah, that's not hypocrite at all and stupid too because Wine is not an emulator, and don't teach me about that compatibility layer, it isn't an emulator because emulators have more compatibly than that shit rofl, the fuck way you try to make run non native apps games whatever in your device it's a way of emulating, don't give a crap because you are a geek and start talking about apis and whatnot, don't matter if you call it anotherway, it's purpose it's the same, oh it uses another way, so then lets call ll emulators, doplers, and hle emulators emulights, and also let's check what code language they use, and the true path to become autistic .

SD users love to stay in their circle jerk forums telling about how happy they are as if anyone fucking cares, also...man linux is sooooo awesome... of course I've never used it and never gonna use it in my powerful PC but let's say how awesome it is... fuck that bs off, you'd be able to have full compatibly if SD had been made focused on Windows ( as evil as it is, sometimes embrace the darkside got it's rewards ) and that stupid thing about how intuitive is their UI called game mode, as if they couldn't made it to work out of the box on Windows in fact, it is already made, it's called steam big mode, but but, game mode is soooo intuitive and well made that I grab your's and you mine while we try to play dunno, a 2d game made 9 years ago... if you are lucky and of course stretched rofl...

You know what? I just breaking your balls, come on, SD is cool, even thought the best way to play games is by streaming from your local land using your PC and don't know if it's their wifi module shit or crappy drivers, or their OS, or all at the same time but well, it doesn't work as one could expected to even with that small resolution with that fail 16:10 AR, sometimes works as bad as stream ps4 games to vita that lacked half needed buttons ^^
Hey bro I'm not reading all that, I don't even own a Steam Deck lmao and you wrote a whole essay trying to say that Nintendo is easier to use or some obvious stuff like that.
No shit sherlock consoles are easier to use than PCs. Deck is an option to PC players who wanted a portable device,and those who made that choice seem to love it very fondly.

You even ranted about Windows vs Linux lmao the fuck, it's a whole other subject, but since you brought it up then I guess I could write a line. If you want something like the Deck with Windows, they exist, but there are reasons they sometimes choose Linux and I'm not going to develop further because I don't think you are that interested anyway.

Also kinda ironic how you talk about people who supposedly circle jerk about how much they like their SD, meanwhile you literally made the same thing by yourself to talk about how much you hate it with a lot of bad faith even tho nobody asked. Come on :rofl:

Last edited by LightBeam,
Reactions: Xzi

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Very sure you will do it again with Switch 2

Steam deck is for steam as Switch 2 is for Nintendo. You want easy you get easy

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Refund your switch
idk man, i really love the switch so far.
Yes funny technical limitations, but i dont care. I literally GREW UP with them (playing ds/3ds/wii, underpowered pc)
So when mario odyssey drops from 60fps to 55fps for a nano second i just dont give a shit.

but my point still stands: nintendo please give your fucking games normal discounts and not once in a lifetime discounts like mario party superstars 2 weeks ago

wiiando

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lol you may just as well have said that your dog told you, everything you said holds just the same weight as that.
Post automatically merged:

My brain hurts after the first "paragraph"

Reactions: dudeguy2022

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine

This whole text could have been summarised in one sentence:

„I have never kissed a girl“

• Haha
Reactions: dudeguy2022

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?