jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a020.png

Current Patch:
Updated 6/22/2012: Patch v.1.0n using Light Patcher instead of xdeltaGUI.
This is the same as patch v.1.0, but with a different patcher for people who have problem running xdeltaGUI.
If you already played v.1.0, you don't need this patch.

(This should be our final patch, but you can check back every once in a while.
If we find major errors, we might release a fixed patch later.)

Links:
Download Patches: https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/downloads
Project Info: https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/home
Credits: https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/project-information#TOC-Credits
FAQs/Troubleshooting: https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/troubleshooting#TOC-Game-Bugs
Thank you very much, everyone, for your helps. :wub:

Note: I still don't have any plans to translate Love Plus+.

(Part of some old posts under spoiler tag.)
Note: About Love Plus+

Updated: Jan 2012
For the future of Love Plus + (Love Plus Plus) project, I'd say that I still don't know. As far as preliminary hacking and testing go, there are a lot of errors that I found, which will make things more troublesome to hack, compared to Love Plus.

(Love Plus + Errors I found so far:
- If you translate the names, they won't be recognized by the game and won't show up at all.
- If you translate the prefecture's names, they will show up, but they will not be recognized by the game. Ex. You can select the prefecture's name just fine, but after you finished pre-confession and you're supposed to get a capsule toy based on the input prefecture, you won't get it.
- The game changed some text locations. If you use the English scripts from Love Plus, some text will be too long and get abrupt line break in the middle of the words.
- Some texts will cause game freezing if you translate them.
- Some graphics get nastier in Love Plus+. They reuse the tiles, so you need to add more tiles in NCGR and adjust them in NCER if you want to translate text in those graphics.
- etc.)

I still have to work on other translation projects so I don't think I'll have time to figure out solutions for these problems any time soon. If other hackers want to try hacking it, please go ahead.
(If I feel like working on it later, I'll post to ask if other hackers are working on it first. ^_^)

- We will see how things go with Love Plus's full translation patch first. There might be problems that we overlooked. We need to solve those problems and make sure Love Plus patch works for most people and we might consider working on Love Plus+ later.

- One thing that we might need your help for Love Plus+ is for someone who has 2 NDS and can try transferring data. If you could try transferring the English patched Love Plus to the Japanese Love Plus+, please post the results whether you encounter any problems. If you could provide pictures or screenshots after you transfer data to Love Plus+, that would be appreciated. (What we need to know are something like after you transfer the data, how are your ranks, your names, etc. appear in Love Plus+. If you transfer the English version, will they be displayed in English in Love Plus+ or are they converted back to Japanese, etc.) (

Chesskid1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the patch, lots of users really appreciate your hard work. i thought it was weird the girl's version of this game was translated considering most DS owners are males, so happy to hear the guy's version is coming along.

what percentage (of the game) do you think is done in this patch?
smile.gif

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad to see Love Plus getting some attention on GBATemp. Hopefully, Love Plus + will too, but I can't be too greedy.

It works with the SCDS2 so far. Also, are you sure you want people to report spelling/grammar errors when the game is only partway through translation?

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
thanks for the clarification.
tried googling it but i can't find a sure answer if it was for a male or a female. sounds like a nice game. wanna try it after i'm done with rf3

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
waaaaaahhh! finally. not sure if this was the team that did that TokiMemo Girl's Side transpatch, but if it is, then this is gonna be one heckuva trans once it's done.

if it's not, then kudos and good luck to the team. regardless, i will be keeping my eyes on this one.
biggrin.gif

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
89 User(s) are reading this topic (87 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users...

My god I feel like somebody watches us...
But I hope this patch continues to grow... I don't think we will ever see a english version (even though in japan they are making a 3DS version and an Arcade one too)

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far from the report, the ones who tried it got it to work and the ones who couldn't get it to work couldn't patch the rom. So far so good.

I will wait and see if this patch will bring the translators back to TLWiki or not. If not, I'll try finishing the parts with choices. (So at least the player don't have to guess what they want to choose.)

For now, don't hope for a full translation yet. But at least the patch should make it easy for people who don't understand much Japanese. (The post-confession part has an option that you can chat with your girlfriend and you have to talk in Japanese. So at least you will need to learn some Japanese words anyway.
wink.gif
)

And please submit grammar/spelling error report. The scripts are separated in small files. The ones already in the patch are the ones that were finished. The errors should be corrected as early as possible.
wub.gif

Gintoki-San

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working great so far, dont see any faults at the moment as I have gone in 25 days.
Maybe fixing their Mails? Most of the mail they are replying back in kanji so... Only Mail's if you can fix. Overall great job.

Oh yeah, for some reason when walking back home from school with Nene Anegasaki if you trying to get her love, her dialouge in kanji as well.

Chesskid1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gintoki-San said:
Working great so far, dont see any faults at the moment as I have gone in 25 days.
Maybe fixing their Mails? Most of the mail they are replying back in kanji so... Only Mail's if you can fix. Overall great job.

what part of partial english translation do you not understand?
rolleyes.gif

please help spread this patch guys. seems shes still debating doing a full patch, so more people who know, better feedback, more chance she finishes it
smile.gif

also, you said to pick Manaka? is there a specific way to pick her? thanks for all your work.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
why not love plus plus?
frown.gif

it's a lot better
smile.gif

Love Plus Plus will have more issues to take care of. It has Anti-piracy and with 512 MB ROM, it only works on specific carts with specific firmware, etc. I don't want to deal with those issues. Currently, with Love Plus which doesn't have any AP or any issue, 50% of the players reported that they couldn't play/couldn't patch it. Also, there's been rumor that someone or some group is working on Love Plus Plus already.

Chesskid1 said:
also, you said to pick Manaka? is there a specific way to pick her? thanks for all your work.
Keep using tennis club command and keep raising Fitness and Intel stats. Always choose the command when you see her face on it (and avoid other girls if possible.)

Devilkid32177 said:
and i wanted to know, would you need any help translating this beast of a game
smile.gif
Yes, I will need help with the translation. I'm still thinking how I should set it up. The format I use is different from the ones on TLWiki and I'll have to write some instructions for the translation. (This is one of a few games where the game will freeze if you misspell something. It needs so much caution when you translate the scripts.) So, please wait a bit.

QUOTE(basher11 @ Jan 4 2011, 06:19 PM)
can i help with the emails?
Could you try this on Google Doc and see if the instruction and the format is easy enough and not confusing?
(I just put a few parts of Rinko's mail there. If it's okay, I can add more files. Everyone is welcomed to give it a try too.
smile.gif
)
https://sites.google.com/site/loveplusguide/temp-1

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
I would help you translate it, but I think you said it was going to be an open translation.

Sorry
frown.gif

I wish you the greatest luck, though
smile.gif

I don't have any objection if anyone wants to help. I can reserve some parts of the translation for you if you want.
wink.gif

The script format for this game is very complicated, so no matter who translates it, I will have to personally verify the scripts and manually put them in a format that can be inserted to the game properly. I would detect any bad translations at that point. So I can say that even it's an open translation, at least I'll QC the scripts before they got inserted to the game. (I will need the players to QC my English later then
biggrin.gif
)

And there are a lot of parts in the scripts that you can't tell how they will appear in the game unless you really play it. (The so-called invisible variable, or missing text as TLWiki's programmer called it.) You'll need to use some senses to guess what will appear in the blanks when you translate. And for this part, we will need the players to help identify them and submit errors in order to adjust the scripts.

Like, you will have a script that goes like "(blank) and (blank) is going to (blank) at (blank)." And you will have to guess what those blanks are and whether the "is" should be "are" or "am" or something else, and how many spaces you should leave for each blank so that the text won't fall off the screen, etc. (And to make things more complicated, you don't even have any identification for these blanks. You just have to guess whether the blanks exist or not for each part of the text.)

It's getting too technical now.
tongue.gif
Anyway, I'm open for any suggestion on the project. I don't actually have any plan for it though.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E