Devilkid32177

Trophies
Website
Facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
lcleong said:
the translation up till 44th day only for manaka route?
umm... are you saying that the last thing translated for it is the 44th day with manaka route?

also mark it up for working with supercard dstwo
slight issue with touching the box to make the text go forward though, im not complaining

A

Azngamer15

oh shit bro, you're doing it, you're really doing it. suddenly, waifus, everywhere. wish you the best of luck

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devilkid32177 said:
lcleong said:
the translation up till 44th day only for manaka route?
umm... are you saying that the last thing translated for it is the 44th day with manaka route?

also mark it up for working with supercard dstwo
slight issue with touching the box to make the text go forward though, im not complaining

Not really on the exact day, but the chitchatting parts are not translated yet. (The girls usually chat about various things when they walk with you to or from school. They are not really that important so I put them in low priority.) And again, this is a "partial" English translation patch.
biggrin.gif

For the moving text, that's the part I can't fix. Everyone will probably has to bare with that error. (I think it's not too bad though. The problem will be gone if I shorten the text but it will make the translations a lot more difficult.
tongue.gif
)

There are also some texts that I just blanked them because they are not translated yet. (Like the location descriptions, etc.)

QUOTE(Tubby28 @ Jan 5 2011, 11:00 AM)
request filetrip or load.to mirror for the patch
FileTrip download added to first post.
biggrin.gif

---------

By the way, if anyone can help with the translation, could you PM me what part you prefer to help and how much you think you can help?
(For now, I'll focus on the choices and Manaka's scripts first. If anyone want to take care of Rinko's or Nene's, or any parts of the scripts, please let me know.)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a lot of folks have been waiting for this, myself included, so many thanks.

A few questions, though:

1. Anyone know if you can set the game for left-handed view?
2. Should I tweak my schedule, or just let the game decide the activities for the day?
3. And is there more to the game than simple hitting the schedule and sleep buttons?

The graphics look great and all, but there doesn't seem like much to do. Does it eventually pick up and become something of a game?

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
I know a lot of folks have been waiting for this, myself included, so many thanks.

A few questions, though:

1. Anyone know if you can set the game for left-handed view?
2. Should I tweak my schedule, or just let the game decide the activities for the day?
3. And is there more to the game than simple hitting the schedule and sleep buttons?

The graphics look great and all, but there doesn't seem like much to do. Does it eventually pick up and become something of a game?

1. No left-handed view.
2. Tweak it. Depend on the girl you aim for, you need to raise different stats to please her.
3. There's a "About this game" link on the first post.
wink.gif

-------------

Hmm... I found some bugs which caused the game to freeze. But somehow, the same bugs happened when I tested with my original Japanese ROM. (That's why I mentioned that I doubted if my ROM is the clean one or not.) Anyway, please help report the errors when you encounter one(s). Thank you very much.
biggrin.gif

P.S. The bugs I encountered so far;
- Game wouldn't let you proceed if you started playing the post-confession mode for the first time at night. (It asked you to call the girl to schedule a date, but then the phone button could not be used. You would get stuck there and have to restart the game.)
- Game froze when I went alone to event hall. (Post-confession, baseball match at the event hall, night time.)

Again, error report links are here;
Error report:
Please help report whether the patched game is playable or not and report any grammar/spelling errors.
Report 1: Game is playable or not
Report 2: Grammar/spelling errors

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty. Thanks for the heads-up.

By the way, I'm using the CycloDS with the latest firmware, and the game seems to be working just fine.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
xD This was amusing to play (used my DSTWO) and as dumb as I knew it would be, I rose up all stats at the same time (thus no girlfriend). I just wish the main character had a voice actor (every so often I can get the gist of the conversation by listening xD). I think there might have been one spot that I felt really needed a rewording, but otherwise it was awesome (I don't remember where it was though, I'd have to play again).

Chesskid1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only thing i didn't get is when you go out and see a girl, you get four choices.

they are

1) yo
2) hey
3) go for a chop!
4) don't call out to her

i think #3 is like sneak up on her, hit a little bit lol. i'm not sure but it's pretty confusing, heh. thought i would share cause the #3 option was the only one that confused me in the translation, otherwise i really enjoyed the translation
smile.gif

BlueFlame90

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have read through the entire topic so far and I finally decided to give this translation a try and help with error report if possible.
I really hope this gets a full translation or maybe a full translation of love plus +? Either is fine with me
smile.gif

You have my support for this, too bad I can't really help with the translation.
Well I'm of playing for now
yaynds.gif

Chesskid1 said:
only thing i didn't get is when you go out and see a girl, you get four choices.

they are

1) yo
2) hey
3) go for a chop!
4) don't call out to her

i think #3 is like sneak up on her, hit a little bit lol. i'm not sure but it's pretty confusing, heh. thought i would share cause the #3 option was the only one that confused me in the translation, otherwise i really enjoyed the translation
smile.gif
#3 go for a chop! is actually a pretty exact translation.
But I can see that some might get confused with that one (the other options are what to SAY, while #3 doesn't say anything but DO something)
Are there " on #1 and #2 like "yo"? Because that would help understand it better.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey, this is great! Good luck in your translation.

By the way, why did you decide to do the Love Plus and not Love Plus+ translation? Is it because TLwiki already had some things translated? I'm just curious, because I'm sure many people would love to hear the spoken dialogue as well.
smile.gif
By the way, how hard would it be to port the translation to LP+? Would it require any additional hacking (like it has different coding or the way the script is located inside the ROM), or would just a copy+paste be possible?

Mmm...it'd be so much fun if there were a female version of the game (since TMGS ends at the confession). It'd be interesting to see how they would make the guys act and react.
biggrin.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Fel said:

By the way, why did you decide to do the Love Plus and not Love Plus+ translation? Is it because TLwiki already had some things translated? I'm just curious, because I'm sure many people would love to hear the spoken dialogue as well.
smile.gif
By the way, how hard would it be to port the translation to LP+? Would it require any additional hacking (like it has different coding or the way the script is located inside the ROM), or would just a copy+paste be possible?

Mmm...it'd be so much fun if there were a female version of the game (since TMGS ends at the confession). It'd be interesting to see how they would make the guys act and react.
biggrin.gif
The reason is in the thread, a couple posts in.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chesskid1 said:

they are

1) yo
2) hey
3) go for a chop!
4) don't call out to her

smile.gif

Chop attack is like a light hit on the head. It's a special attack of the main guy in Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 2. (Konami likes to add a little bit of other games into their games. In Love Plus, you can spot a guy from Tokimeki Girl's side, and in Tokimeki Girl's Side 3, you have Love Plus's items when you shop too.)

Here's a pic of the chop attack. (He did this on your head.)
imgtbf.jpg

I might add quotation marks as BlueFlame90 suggested, if that will make it less confusing.

Fel said:

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

QUOTE(jjjewel @ Jan 4 2011, 09:39 PM)
Love Plus Plus will have more issues to take care of. It has Anti-piracy and with 512 MB ROM, it only works on specific carts with specific firmware, etc. I don't want to deal with those issues. Currently, with Love Plus which doesn't have any AP or any issue, 50% of the players reported that they couldn't play/couldn't patch it. Also, there's been rumor that someone or some group is working on Love Plus Plus already.

LP+ added TXRC encryption to the main script texts. So directly copy+paste is not possible. (But I guess it's not very difficult.)

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, it seems simple enough to get the text.
i'll start trying out nene's mails.

im starting 074065.txt but i don't know which one is the right emails
tongue.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
alright, it seems simple enough to get the text.
i'll start trying out nene's mails.

im starting 074065.txt but i don't know which one is the right emails
tongue.gif

The ones there are all Rinko's. I'll upload Nene's tomorrow then.
biggrin.gif

BTW, I finished all Manaka's mails already.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs