ROM Hack [Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

greator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Wow, I actually have all the files (script, translated script and software) from tlwiki and tried to do it myself but failed. Translation hack is too much for me.

I guess this 0.01 version includes all the already translated script in tlwiki?

I can help with the QC. I know a bit Japanese, Kana and Hiragana but no Kanji.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I found two typos earlier...one of them was definitely "Why)" spoken by Rinko at some point the other one was a flipped spacing ("blah Iblah" rather than "blah I blah"), but I can't remember what the text was TT-TT...apart from that, there was one spot where there should have been a "was" but instead there was a "were"...I'd probably have to play through again to find what they were...unless someone also saw them and knows where they were.

OniYuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, thanks for the patch. I've just started on the first day, but it worked on my Acekard 2i with Akaio 1.8.1. If the game gets translated some more that would be great. I've been trying to learn Japanese, but it's taking a while and having this patch to allow me to play this game is great.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
greator said:
Wow, I actually have all the files (script, translated script and software) from tlwiki and tried to do it myself but failed. Translation hack is too much for me.

I guess this 0.01 version includes all the already translated script in tlwiki?

I can help with the QC. I know a bit Japanese, Kana and Hiragana but no Kanji.

Not all scripts from TLWiki. I'm still checking what files can be used. (Most of them require major editing.)

And, haha, I did the same thing you did a while ago. (Used the scripts and tried to do something with them.) This game is just quite complicated. There are many nasty codes in the game. And you will definitely need to know Kanji to QC this one. But you can help checking the English scripts while you are playing the game and report any errors you find. Thanks so much for your offer.

jurassicplayer said:
I found two typos earlier...one of them was definitely "Why)" spoken by Rinko at some point the other one was a flipped spacing ("blah Iblah" rather than "blah I blah"), but I can't remember what the text was TT-TT...apart from that, there was one spot where there should have been a "was" but instead there was a "were"...I'd probably have to play through again to find what they were...unless someone also saw them and knows where they were.
Hmm, honestly, I'll need more info than that in order to correct the scripts. XD But thank you so much. Just be a bit more precise if you could. I'm trying to double-check the scripts now so the next patch should be better.

QUOTE(F8AL @ Jan 8 2011, 06:17 PM)
Any pre-patched roms? I have a DSTT w/YSMENU.
That's against the rule. Be careful. You could be banned from this forum for asking that.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jurassicplayer+jjewel: Oh sorry, I didn't notice that. That's a very good reason, I see.
smile.gif

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
jjjewel, im at least almost half done with nene's mails
smile.gif

Thank you so much. There are some more files available now. I forgot to set them to "open to public" earlier. Google Docs have changed a lot since last time I used them. If there are any problems when you use Google Docs, please let me know.

@Fel, no problem.

Now I'm trying to figure out some codes that deal with the invisible parameters. It might help making translation easier. So if you are interested or you know anyone who might be interested in translating this game, please let me know.
biggrin.gif
(Especially for Rinko and Nene's scripts.)

Also, if anyone's good at high school Physics, Chemistry, Bio, Math, etc. and want to help with the study questions, please let me know. (In this game, you'll have to solve some equations or calculate stuff, etc. to get a reward from your girlfriend.) I need help translating the questions/answers to English.

For an example: "You drop a small rock from a bridge. It took 1 sec for the rock to reach the ground. What's the height of the bridge?"

Devilkid32177

Trophies
Website
Facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
hey jjjewel, really stupid question, what program do you use to read the text in the rom??? cause the one im using won't pick up the info

also, my i add this, since you need people to shorten the questions/answers for this stuff, what is the limit of wording

example from your ex question:
You drop a small rock from a bridge. It took 1 sec for the rock to reach the ground. What's the height of the bridge?

You drop a small rock from a bridge. It took 1 sec to reach the ground. How tall is the bridge?

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devilkid32177 said:
hey jjjewel, really stupid question, what program do you use to read the text in the rom??? cause the one im using won't pick up the info

also, my i add this, since you need people to shorten the questions/answers for this stuff, what is the limit of wording

You drop a small rock from a bridge. It took 1 sec for the rock to reach the ground. What's the height of the bridge?

You drop a small rock from a bridge. It took 1 sec to reach the ground. How tall is the bridge?

CrystalTile2. Any version should work. And use UTF-8 encoding.

By the way, make sure you read the file format explanation on TLWiki thoroughly. (The main scripts in tmx_event will need to be unpacked with arc tool first. And the gd_textres files will need TXRC decryption first. Both tools are available from TLWiki's page.)

For the question, it needs to be translated to a more exam-like style. Mine is just a very rough translation.
smile.gif
I'll also have to check the line limits too. I guess 20 chars per line and 5 lines max should work for this one. But I'll have to double-check that.

foxstar74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel said:
basher11 said:
jjjewel, im at least almost half done with nene's mails
smile.gif

Thank you so much. There are some more files available now. I forgot to set them to "open to public" earlier. Google Docs have changed a lot since last time I used them. If there are any problems when you use Google Docs, please let me know.

@Fel, no problem.

Now I'm trying to figure out some codes that deal with the invisible parameters. It might help making translation easier. So if you are interested or you know anyone who might be interested in translating this game, please let me know.
biggrin.gif
(Especially for Rinko and Nene's scripts.)

Also, if anyone's good at high school Physics, Chemistry, Bio, Math, etc. and want to help with the study questions, please let me know. (In this game, you'll have to solve some equations or calculate stuff, etc. to get a reward from your girlfriend.) I need help translating the questions/answers to English.

For an example: "You drop a small rock from a bridge. It took 1 sec for the rock to reach the ground. What's the height of the bridge?"

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devilkid32177 said:

You should keep your tense consistent:
You drop a small rock from a bridge. It takes 1 sec to reach the ground. What is the height of the bridge?

Edit: Noticed the space constraints comment.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
foxstar74 said:
You mean anybody who's good at those subjects AND Japanese right? If it's just those subjects without needing to know Japanese, did you setup a link for the physics/ chem/ bio/ math type questions to google doc edit?
Here are the questions (in Japanese though.) I can make a rough translation for them and maybe someone can help editing them then?
Love Plus Study Questions (Google Docs Open Translation)

By the way, I've tried to PM you but your Inbox was full. Just wanted to tell you that I continued with Love Plus from the TLWiki site. (If you didn't ask me to check this game, I probably wouldn't think of it. So thanks for reminding me.
smile.gif
)

OceanBlue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I shouldn't be editing your script, I'm sorry, but I noticed something in a problem:

+------------------------+
You flip 2 coins at the
same time. One of them
shows tails. What is the
probability that the other
coin will be tails?
Choices:
1/3
2/3
1/5

I'm confused. Shouldn't it be 1/2? Even if the question were, "You flip 2 coins at the same time. Assuming one of them shows tails, what is the chance that the other coin will be tails?", wouldn't the answer be 1/4? I haven't done a problem like this in a while, so I'm not sure, but....

Aside from this, I edited your script for grammar.

Chesskid1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just got manaka as my lover and they showed the credits. this is where the translation ends right? because i played a bit and there was still english.

thanks.

Coconut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OceanBlue said:
If I shouldn't be editing your script, I'm sorry, but I noticed something in a problem:

You flip 2 coins at the
same time. One of them
shows tails. What is the
coin will be tails?
Choices:
1/3
2/3
1/5

I'm confused. Shouldn't it be 1/2? Even if the question were, "You flip 2 coins at the same time. Assuming one of them shows tails, what is the chance that the other coin will be tails?", wouldn't the answer be 1/4? I haven't done a problem like this in a while, so I'm not sure, but....

No, it's 1/3, I believe.
You already have tails, so on the ........ NEVER MIND. ...
Heh. Confusion.

jjjewel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OceanBlue said:

You flip 2 coins at the
same time. One of them
shows tails. What is the
coin will be tails?
Choices:
1/3
2/3
1/5

From what I think, here are all possible outcomes from tossing 2 coins;
HH
HT
TH
TT
To have one coin as Tail, you can cut the HH out. So we have 3 combination left. Out of 3, only one can be TT, so it's 1/3.

And thank you for helping with the editing. I'll try to translate some more later. (Need to Google and read Wikipedia for most of the questions.)

Chesskid1 said:
i just got manaka as my lover and they showed the credits. this is where the translation ends right? because i played a bit and there was still english.
thanks.
Manaka has her scripts translated even after the confession. Some scripts in Love Plus mode and when you ask her out for a date are translated too.
happy.gif
(That's why I recommended that for this test patch everyone should aim for Manaka.)

QUOTE(jintoki @ Jan 10 2011, 08:05 AM)
love plus english patch!
blush.gif
this game for guy
but We like Loveplus too
manaka lovely
Most girls like Manaka, I think. (Me too.) Rinko's okay. Cute and tsundere. Nene's a no-no for me, but I think she's the type that many guys dream for.
tongue.gif

foxstar74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjjewel, are there any images to be translated? I dunno if images are your forte, but there are some pretty talented image editors on gbatemp like twiztidsinz.

Also,

???????
????
What chemical element
has the symbol P?
Choices:
Silicon
Potassium

Um, are those the choices in the original Japanese? Because phosphorous is the one that has symbol P, potassium is K.

Devilkid32177

Trophies
Website
Facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
hey jjjewel, i hope this sounds about right, i went through my stuff to reword it:

1077???????
?????????
??????????
??????????
?????
1077 was the year Pope
Gregory VII & Emperor
Henry IV argued about
what case?

also, if you dont mind, may i update you through this topic?
sometimes, im not at my house, so a local PC im usually on, doesn't allow me to login to yahoo and such

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...