[Completed] Love Plus English Translation Patch

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by jjjewel, Jan 4, 2011.

Jan 4, 2011

jjjewel New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    [IMG]

Current Patch:
    Updated 6/22/2012: Patch v.1.0n using Light Patcher instead of xdeltaGUI.
    This is the same as patch v.1.0, but with a different patcher for people who have problem running xdeltaGUI.
    If you already played v.1.0, you don't need this patch.

(This should be our final patch, but you can check back every once in a while.
    If we find major errors, we might release a fixed patch later.)

Links:
    Download Patches: https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/downloads
    Project Info: https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/home
    Credits: https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/project-information#TOC-Credits
    FAQs/Troubleshooting: https://sites.google.com/site/loveplustrans/troubleshooting#TOC-Game-Bugs
    Thank you very much, everyone, for your helps. :wub:

Note: I still don't have any plans to translate Love Plus+.

(Part of some old posts under spoiler tag.)
    WARNING! Spoilers inside!
    Last edited by jjjewel, Dec 26, 2012

zizer New Member

Message Count:
    Western Sahara
    good work, thanks

Chesskid1 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    thanks for the patch, lots of users really appreciate your hard work. i thought it was weird the girl's version of this game was translated considering most DS owners are males, so happy to hear the guy's version is coming along.

what percentage (of the game) do you think is done in this patch? [IMG]

Narayan desu~

Message Count:
    Philippines
    so this is for males?

zizer New Member

Message Count:
    Western Sahara
    • Newcomer

OceanBlue New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I'm glad to see Love Plus getting some attention on GBATemp. Hopefully, Love Plus + will too, but I can't be too greedy.

It works with the SCDS2 so far. Also, are you sure you want people to report spelling/grammar errors when the game is only partway through translation?

Chesskid1 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    works fine on AKAIO 1.8.1 Acekard 2i

no left handed option? [IMG]

Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégéé

Message Count:
    United States
    Wrong. This version is for men, girls have their own version, but can play either or.

Narayan desu~

Message Count:
    Philippines
    thanks for the clarification.
    tried googling it but i can't find a sure answer if it was for a male or a female. sounds like a nice game. wanna try it after i'm done with rf3

ferofax End of the World

Message Count:
    Philippines
    waaaaaahhh! finally. not sure if this was the team that did that TokiMemo Girl's Side transpatch, but if it is, then this is gonna be one heckuva trans once it's done.

if it's not, then kudos and good luck to the team. regardless, i will be keeping my eyes on this one. [IMG]

N-TG New Member

Message Count:
    Greece
    89 User(s) are reading this topic (87 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users...

My god I feel like somebody watches us...
    But I hope this patch continues to grow... I don't think we will ever see a english version (even though in japan they are making a 3DS version and an Arcade one too)

jjjewel New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    So far from the report, the ones who tried it got it to work and the ones who couldn't get it to work couldn't patch the rom. So far so good.

I will wait and see if this patch will bring the translators back to TLWiki or not. If not, I'll try finishing the parts with choices. (So at least the player don't have to guess what they want to choose.)

For now, don't hope for a full translation yet. But at least the patch should make it easy for people who don't understand much Japanese. (The post-confession part has an option that you can chat with your girlfriend and you have to talk in Japanese. So at least you will need to learn some Japanese words anyway. [IMG])

And please submit grammar/spelling error report. The scripts are separated in small files. The ones already in the patch are the ones that were finished. The errors should be corrected as early as possible. [IMG]
    • Newcomer

Gintoki-San New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Working great so far, dont see any faults at the moment as I have gone in 25 days.
    Maybe fixing their Mails? Most of the mail they are replying back in kanji so... Only Mail's if you can fix. Overall great job.

Oh yeah, for some reason when walking back home from school with Nene Anegasaki if you trying to get her love, her dialouge in kanji as well.

basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

Message Count:
    United States
    why not love plus plus? [IMG]
    it's a lot better [IMG]

can i help with the emails?

Chesskid1 New Member

Message Count:
    United States

what part of partial english translation do you not understand? [IMG]

please help spread this patch guys. seems shes still debating doing a full patch, so more people who know, better feedback, more chance she finishes it [IMG]

also, you said to pick Manaka? is there a specific way to pick her? thanks for all your work.

Devilkid32177 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    yep, my other forum will know about this [IMG]

and i wanted to know, would you need any help translating this beast of a game [IMG]

jjjewel New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Could you try this on Google Doc and see if the instruction and the format is easy enough and not confusing?
    (I just put a few parts of Rinko's mail there. If it's okay, I can add more files. Everyone is welcomed to give it a try too. [IMG])
    https://sites.google.com/site/loveplusguide/temp-1

Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégéé

Message Count:
    United States
    I would help you translate it, but I think you said it was going to be an open translation.

Sorry [IMG]

I wish you the greatest luck, though [IMG]
    • Global Moderator

Densetsu GBAtemp Ninja

Message Count:
    United States

jjjewel New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I don't have any objection if anyone wants to help. I can reserve some parts of the translation for you if you want. [IMG]

The script format for this game is very complicated, so no matter who translates it, I will have to personally verify the scripts and manually put them in a format that can be inserted to the game properly. I would detect any bad translations at that point. So I can say that even it's an open translation, at least I'll QC the scripts before they got inserted to the game. (I will need the players to QC my English later then [IMG])

And there are a lot of parts in the scripts that you can't tell how they will appear in the game unless you really play it. (The so-called invisible variable, or missing text as TLWiki's programmer called it.) You'll need to use some senses to guess what will appear in the blanks when you translate. And for this part, we will need the players to help identify them and submit errors in order to adjust the scripts.

Like, you will have a script that goes like "(blank) and (blank) is going to (blank) at (blank)." And you will have to guess what those blanks are and whether the "is" should be "are" or "am" or something else, and how many spaces you should leave for each blank so that the text won't fall off the screen, etc. (And to make things more complicated, you don't even have any identification for these blanks. You just have to guess whether the blanks exist or not for each part of the text.)

It's getting too technical now. [IMG] Anyway, I'm open for any suggestion on the project. I don't actually have any plan for it though. [IMG]

SPONSORED LINKS