ROM Hack Commission 3DS Port?

dt75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just wondering, is there anyone out there that takes commissions to port older games onto 3DS cartridges? I'm looking to get an English translation of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War that's playable on my 3DS and I'm just trying to get a feel for how much something like this would cost (I assume a lot)!

JohnSmith41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are talking about porting DS/DSi games to 3DS cartridges, unless you have the source for the games, it is nearly impossible.
The 3DS can run DS/i games natively, so you can get a DS flashcart and use it on the 3DS with your English translation.

If your 3DS has CFW, you can also use TWLoader to run some DS games right off the SD card.

Last edited by JohnSmith41,
Reactions: Deleted User

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just wondering, is there anyone out there that takes commissions to port older games onto 3DS cartridges? I'm looking to get an English translation of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War that's playable on my 3DS and I'm just trying to get a feel for how much something like this would cost (I assume a lot)!
can't you just use a snes vc injector to inject the translated rom?

Reactions: Deleted User

JohnSmith41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't you just use a snes vc injector to inject the translated rom?
I wasn't aware that it was an SNES title. In that case, it would be easier (free, even) to inject the SNES ROM into a VC title that can be installed on a modded 3DS. No need for a cartridge.

Reactions: dt75

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: damn @SylverReZ , when the last time you seen and felt grass? +1