XRTerra

What if instead of ohio, it was kai cenat land
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is half joke, half serious.

You can run Yuzu on hardware weaker than the Switch itself, it just won't run well at all. So my thought process is that you could in theory port Yuzu to the 3ds, not to actually run games, just to see if it could work in the first place. If I had to guess, it would probably run at half a frame every few minutes. The Switch, GPU wise, is over 100x as powerful..

The only advantage the 3ds has is that it's Arm and so is the Switch. And there *is* a Yuzu Android port, and Yuzu is open source. So if you had a few months to port all of Yuzu to the 3ds, you could, in theory, get Yuzu running. Obviously not accounting for the fact that the 3ds doesn't support Vulkan or a newer version of OpenGL.

So I'm assuming the answer is no.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is half joke, half serious.
Thank goodness this is not one of the threads that get a lot of replies of the "LOL!!" type since you are aware there is no practical emulation of a more powerful device on a weak one.
======

Half knowledge at best:
3DS and Switch are universal computers to my knowledge. There is something called Turing Completeness, essentially meaning a device can compute everything that is computable -- given it fits in memory and given enough time.

So I would say: Yes, the 3DS can emulate the much more powerful Switch in theory (using🐌🐌🐌slow🐌🐌🐌 SD as swap memory because the RAM is just too small compared to the Switch).

The question is if anybody would be willing to put enormous personal time+energy into building a very complex emulator with no apparent use.

All in all a more theoretical thought.

Reactions: XRTerra and YuseiFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1