Homebrew [Coming Soon] OTPless A9LH installation on N3DS (no 2.1 downgrade)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
that's 10.0 FIRM wat - did the key switch even happen?

I think you need to get into *hax, use FBI, and install a 9.0 New 3DS FIRM CIA.
Wouldn't that just install firm90 to ctrnand? I think he has to do a proper downgrade to get AM_InstallNativeFIRM or whatever it's called.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't that just install firm90 to ctrnand? I think he has to do a proper downgrade to get AM_InstallNativeFIRM or whatever it's called.
FBI installs it properly. sysDowngrader/etc won't downgrade it since the one installed in CTRNAND is still 9.0.

Reactions: zoogie

SciresM

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: gnmmarechal

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Worked perfectly on EUR N3DS 9.2 without OTP :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh one thing I should mention actually, the first time I ran the installer I got a black screen hang. I powered cycled, re-launched hax and tried again and it worked.

Last edited by mashers,

SciresM

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked perfectly on EUR N3DS 9.2 without OTP :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh one thing I should mention actually, the first time I ran the installer I got a black screen hang. I powered cucled, re-launched hax and tried again and it worked.

That sounds like brahma failing to get arm9 code execution, and not a problem with unsafea9lhinstaller, heh.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
That sounds like brahma failing to get arm9 code execution, and not a problem with unsafea9lhinstaller, heh.
I suspected as much. Is it possible for this to be detected and an error displayed?

(I realise this is alpha and that this is probably planned, just mentioning in case it didn't come up for other testers)

SciresM

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suspected as much. Is it possible for this to be detected and an error displayed?

(I realise this is alpha and that this is probably planned, just mentioning in case it didn't come up for other testers)

Nah, can't handle that case -- my code isn't running if that happens. On the bright side, that'll never cause a brick -- that's just the "may take a few tries to launch" all arm9 homebrew gets.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm.

At first I tried redownloading the unsafeinstaller since it may have been a botched download.

Copied all the files back to the root, deleted the arm9loaderhax.bin, deleted the previous files from the old download.

Opens HBL on a correct non-frankenfirmware 9.2.
Selects the installer.
Presses SELECT (#YOLO)
Console reboots. The installer actually says the console should reboot twice?

Anyway, console reboots (once) and throws me back into Menuhax with 10.0 nfirm. I've tried this out 6 times. Also, I can't join your IRC since I'm now at school, @SciresM.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm.

At first I tried redownloading the unsafeinstaller since it may have been a botched download.

Copied all the files back to the root, deleted the arm9loaderhax.bin, deleted the previous files from the old download.

Opens HBL on a correct non-frankenfirmware 9.2.
Selects the installer.
Presses SELECT (#YOLO)
Console reboots. The installer actually says the console should reboot twice?

Anyway, console reboots (once) and throws me back into Menuhax with 10.0 nfirm. I've tried this out 6 times. Also, I can't join your IRC since I'm now at school, @SciresM.
After the first reboot it should relaunch the unsafe installer (from an a9lh payload I think), then install again, and then reboot. You would have to replace the arm9loaderhax.bin that the installer creates in the SD card otherwise it would keep booting to the installer. If it doesn't do that, then it didn't install a9lh into sysnand.

Edit, wait, you're on 10.x? You need to be on 9.2 for this to work.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After the first reboot it should relaunch the unsafe installer (from an a9lh payload I think), then install again, and then reboot. You would have to replace the arm9loaderhax.bin that the installer creates in the SD card otherwise it would keep booting to the installer. If it doesn't do that, then it didn't install a9lh into sysnand.

Edit, wait, you're on 10.x? You need to be on 9.2 for this to work.
no, they are on 9.2, but it keeps failing to write to the key sector(?), so it boots 10.0 NATIVE_FIRM normally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c