Homebrew [Coming Soon] OTPless A9LH installation on N3DS (no 2.1 downgrade)

xJoelituh

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Why it doesn't work in old? The vuln isn't there?

(I already have A9lh, i'm just curious)

Besides that, gj guys ^^

SciresM

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why it doesn't work in old? The vuln isn't there?

(I already have A9lh, i'm just curious)

Besides that, gj guys ^^

It doesn't work on old 3DS because old 3DS doesn't have the secret sector. New 3DSs come with an encrypted copy of the secret sector, so we can swap around the keys without OTP. Old 3DSs need OTP to encrypt the secret sector, and so can't use the vuln.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
I DIDN'T BRICK

...yet I don't think it installed a9lh.

Arm9 payloads through HBL (still on 9.2 sysNAND) fail to load. Luma3DS Select button configuration fails to load as well.

SciresM

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I DIDN'T BRICK

Arm9 payloads through HBL (still on 9.2 sysNAND) fail to load. Luma3DS Select button configuration fails to load as well.

Uh, did you actually launch it? If you launched it and hit select, either you have a9lh or you bricked. There's zero way to boot normally after running it.

When you run it, you'll get told to hit select to install, or any other button to shut down, a la safea9lhinstaller.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Uh, did you actually launch it? If you launched it and hit select, either you have a9lh or you bricked. There's zero way to boot normally after running it.
Must be a bug. I'm pretty sure I know where the select button is, haha. It just said "all checks passed" for less than a split second then rebooted. Completely normal.

I'll use a NAND backup in this case, but first let me hardmod it.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I DIDN'T BRICK

Delete your luma/config.bin and make sure to copy the latest luma3ds arm9loaderhax.bin to your sd root.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is normal when using newer versions of luma, because reboot patches were re-added for 9.0 FIRM.

if your system works though, then a hardmod isn't entirely necessary. just run Decrypt9/Hourglass9 through a chainloader (like luma's).

SciresM

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Must be a bug. I'm pretty sure I know where the select button is, haha. It just said "all checks passed" for less than a split second then rebooted. Completely normal.

I'll use a NAND backup in this case, but first let me hardmod it.
Delete your luma/config.bin and make sure to copy the latest luma3ds arm9loaderhax.bin to your sd root.
The current test build overwrites arm9loaderhax.bin.

That's one of the first things it does, actually. Are you sure you actually ran it?

After running it, the system shouldn't boot until you replace arm9loaderhax.bin with luma or whatever.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice thing. I mean, getting A9LH with plailect's guide was easy enough and took me like an hour, but if it even gets easier and you don't need to downgrade to 2.1, everyone profits

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
this is normal when using newer versions of luma, because reboot patches were re-added for 9.0 FIRM.

if your system works though, then a hardmod isn't entirely necessary. just run Decrypt9/Hourglass9 through a chainloader (like luma's).
Since I can't get into Luma through a9lh, and I can't launch any arm9 payloads through HBL, that seems impossible without a hardmod.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I can't get into Luma through a9lh, and I can't launch any arm9 payloads through HBL, that seems impossible without a hardmod.
"and I can't launch any arm9 payloads through HBL" implies your system still turns on to Home Menu. what happens if you try to boot without an SD card?

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
then do you actually have arm9loaderhax still?

by chance, did you already have an "a9lh" folder, and forget to switch out the files inside with the ones from UnsafeA9LHInstaller?
No arm9loaderhax at all from my testing.
And no, this system had no a9lh folder, I made sure everything was right before I ran the unsafe installer.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

re-run the installer from the HBL
Won't launch as it needs a9 access.

SciresM

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No arm9loaderhax at all from my testing.
And no, this system had no a9lh folder, I made sure everything was right before I ran the unsafe installer.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Won't launch as it needs a9 access.

How did you run it without arm9 access in the first place?

The situation you're describing literally cannot happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...