UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to hack my Wii U.

That's pretty much it. I want to hack my Wii U. Preferably without having a game I can't play staying on the hard drive...sitting there, wasting valuable drive space and locking me out of getting a good copy of Brain Age onto it.
I know about the other exploit, Mocha CFW, but having to go to a webpage every time I boot up my Wii U...eh
I don't even often keep my Gamepad charged, let alone use my Wii U as a low-end PC. Why would I want to go into my bookmarks and find a singular page that's likely gonna be buried by strategy guides, YouTube videos, and interesting stuff found on TCRF?
However...while there's no guarantee that it exists, there's no guarantee that it DOESN'T exist...maybe there's a Coldboot Mocha!
If such a thing exists, I'll be sure to use it. I want to be able to use Miiverse again (whenever it happens), and unless there's a way to hide games farther than a folder on the last page, I refuse to use Haxchi.

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The scene is pretty much dead, so Haxchi or keep waiting
Dang it.
The closest to a coldboot is CBHC (Coldboot Haxchi)
Just install it like Haxchi, and set Mocha to autoboot.
If you're recommending I get CBHC...
...unless there's a way to hide games farther than a folder on the last page, I refuse to use Haxchi.

I decided to look up "coldboot mocha" and found a way to replace the homepage of the Internet Browser with the one that becomes Mocha CFW. If I can make my Wii U boot to the Internet Browser, I'll be done.

EDIT: Fixed a spelling mistake. I'll be done, not a dome.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually tried that homepage thing myself today. All it did was keep freezing my wii-u before the exploit could even possibly load. Fun times.

azy77

Trophies
XP
Country
I had haxchi for over 3 years and only last week upgraded to CBHC. (Had young kids and couldn't risk a brick)

Shove the ds game to last page of homescreen, out of sight out of mind.

Having recently sold a one x and ps3, I just have a wii u and a 360 with kinect.

The wii u gets used more, although I tend to go through phases and may set up the kinect again.

CHBC is a fair step up from haxchi and the boot time I find is quicker on chbc.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eventually, we'll have aroma. it's a failst exploit. it's not a coldboot exploit, but it's going to be paired with a coldboot exploit from what I understand. failst can be tied to anything even the health and safety title (recommended, since no one will likely use it). currently, it can only open the homebrew launcher, so it's not worth much.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, there's already a failst exploit, but it might not be stable. aroma has some sort of checksum thing to where it may not install over that failst exploit if you do it. aroma is also a failst exploit, just a more stable one.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1