Hacking Cobra Ude!

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait wait.... the region can be changed on the disc data... probably crediar know lot of info we dont know... for sure for 100% compatibility and. Stealth is better use 1:1 backup without any modification..

What I was saying, is it might be patchable while its running in ram. If the developers of the Wiikey U and Cobra Ude are able to capture the region info, after its decrypted as the "disc", (in actuality an iso running off ur hdd) is booting and running, it may be possible for them to write a command into their ODE firmware that could modify said region info as its running. Of course this is all theoretical.

As for changing region info (permanently) on the iso's themselves, that's an entirely different story. We would first need a way to fully decrypt an iso (requires any and all private keys associated with the disc encryption itself), then we have to locate the region info, figure out how to alter it accordingly and then fake sign the disc image and hope for the best. I think the easier approach would be to try on-the-fly patching as opposed to permanently patching isos first.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
the original wiikey allowed you to play any region games on the wii that's what these type of devices do.

No it never, unless you first ran the ISO through the application RegionFrii and selected your region before the burn, then it would work with WiiKey.

Reactions: cearp

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it never, unless you first ran the ISO through the application RegionFrii and selected your region before the burn, then it would work with WiiKey.

Bladexdsl is actually partly correct. Usually, if you have an NTSC Wii console with a hardmod installed it would play other region NTSC games no problem whatsoever (with the exception of the original Wiinja and a few other prehistoric first gen chips). It was when you tried to play a PAL game that you would run into issues. This works in reverse if you have a PAL console, it wouldn't boot most other region NTSC games (People in Europe, got the short end of the stick in that deal). The original Wiikey was able to play other region games, providing that you weren't running an NTSC game on a PAL console or vice versa. The only true work around for this was either softmodding or using the Freeloader, which was blocked pretty damn quickly and datel never bothered to release a new version.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl is actually partly correct. Usually, if you have an NTSC Wii console with a hardmod installed it would play other region NTSC games no problem whatsoever (with the exception of the original Wiinja and a few other prehistoric first gen chips). It was when you tried to play a PAL game that you would run into issues. This works in reverse if you have a PAL console, it wouldn't boot most other region NTSC games (People in Europe, got the short end of the stick in that deal). The original Wiikey was able to play other region games, providing that you weren't running an NTSC game on a PAL console or vice versa. The only true work around for this was either softmodding or using the Freeloader, which was blocked pretty damn quickly and datel never bothered to release a new version.

yeah agreed. Lucky for me I was blessed with a PAL Wii :( so I had to go through various channels to get other regions to work but my only option at the time as WiiKey was new was RegionFrii.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Such is life I guess. Hang in there, true hacks for the Wii U are just around the corner ;). Its only a matter of time before a true Wii U mode exploit is discovered and released for mass consumption. ODE's will enable end users to run backups and preserve they're optical drives, but it won't enable homebrew sadly. One step at a time I guess. I've been having a lot of fun with the Trinux exploit lately, in case you can't tell by my avatar haha.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Such is life I guess. Hang in there, true hacks for the Wii U are just around the corner ;). Its only a matter of time before a true Wii U mode exploit is discovered and released for mass consumption. ODE's will enable end users to run backups and preserve they're optical drives, but it won't enable homebrew sadly. One step at a time I guess. I've been having a lot of fun with the Trinux exploit lately, in case you can't tell by my avatar haha.

Please, say to me, you had tested it and works. O_O

The possibilities are endless...

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not yet, my keyboard doesn't play well with the distro used for the Trinux exploit. I need to find one that does...

Oh, please, you can evaluate the meaning if it work with usb controllers? WiiU becoming a powerfull mugen fighting game plataform. This is a balanced version but i had another version with more than 1000 selectionable caracters in my classic xbox age. Is a mess but is fun, very fun. Even with the xbox slowdowns. with WiiU i expect it running flawless.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, please, you can evaluate the meaning if it work with usb controllers? WiiU becoming a powerfull mugen fighting game plataform. This is a balanced version but i had another version with more than 1000 selectionable caracters in my classic xbox age. Is a mess but is fun, very fun. Even with the xbox slowdowns. with WiiU i expect it running flawless.

I certainly hope so!

Scorchy

Wanderer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this legit? I don't speak French or have any knowledge of French sites.

I speak french ;) , and it says something like: The Cobra Ude is being fabricated, it will be out for September 2014. The price should be around 140-150$ USD(i guess, i don't know the real EU to USD conversion). But.. if you look more closer it's written in small characters: * 12/08/2014 Update: This release date announced by the Cobra Team is an estimation.

So i would'nt trust that much, it's just estimations..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night