Hacking Cobra Ude!

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My personal feeling is that companies are holding those odes off because of the still small wii u user base (the latest numbers are around 7 million users). Take note that both cobra and k3y (wiikey) have ode for ps3 and the fact that the ps3 user base is more than 90 million, this means that they have more than 90 million possible customers (that both cobra and 3k3y (wiikey) have odes). So they want sell ps3 odes first and then for wii u.

You could be right, but the Wiikey U is finally due out mid-July or August, as long as it doesn't get anymore delays :). We're so close....

Gruntzer

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
My personal feeling is that companies are holding those odes off because of the still small wii u user base (the latest numbers are around 7 million users). Take note that both cobra and k3y (wiikey) have ode for ps3 and the fact that the ps3 user base is more than 90 million, this means that they have more than 90 million possible customers (that both cobra and 3k3y (wiikey) have odes). So they want sell ps3 odes first and then for wii u.

sounds reasonable

but releasing their ode will rise the percentage of Wii U hardware sale , do not underestimate the power of piracy and the fact that the console can run wii and GC games

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sounds reasonable

but releasing their ode will rise the percentage of Wii U hardware sale , do not underestimate the power of piracy and the fact that the console can run wii and GC games

Yes for sure... I personally own a cobra ode for my ps3. The fact is that odes are upsetting companies. The latest firmwares released by Sony were intended to kill the ode funcionality on ps3s. OFW 4.55 demanded a swap disk for super slim ps3 and now after ofw 4.60 all ps3 versions are affected. The teams are reversing engineering for a new fix/bypass.

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes for sure... I personally own a cobra ode for my ps3. The fact is that odes are upsetting companies. The latest firmwares released by Sony were intended to kill the ode funcionality on ps3s. OFW 4.55 demanded a swap disk for super slim ps3 and now after ofw 4.60 all ps3 versions are affected. The teams are reversing engineering for a new fix/bypass.

Swap tricks haha just like back in the day :P. PS2/PSX/PSONE anyone?

Reactions: Gruntzer

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Pay for piracy? never.
Free to use hacking? I could make use of it in the future.

PS3 used to be like this and I once considered but opted out because I just refused to purchase a piracy device.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
...RACIST TO CHINESE PEOPLE, LIKE, SHITTY WORKERS = SHITTY QUALITY stop nit-picking already
I'm not nit-picking, I'm just explaining something. Your average customer will sooner buy a Whirlpool fridge than a Shinzenghueng fridge even though both are probably made in China simply because American or European designs are considered more trust-worthy (that, and Whirlpool is already a recognizable brand). It's not a matter of racism, it's a matter of Chinese designs being poor quality 9 out of 10 times (or rather, they're perceived that way by customers), the human element is absent from the equation. I'll bet you million bucks that the thing will be assembled in China, just like the great majority of electronics in the world, however the statement that it's designed elsewhere speaks to the customer (even if it's a lie). It's not being racist against the Chinese as a race in no shape or form - China isn't even mentioned there, all it says is that it's designed in Europe.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm not nit-picking, I'm just explaining something. Your average customer will sooner buy a Whirlpool fridge than a Shinzenghueng fridge even though both are probably made in China simply because American or European designs are considered more trust-worthy (that, and Whirlpool is already a recognizable brand). It's not a matter of racism, it's a matter of Chinese designs being poor quality 9 out of 10 times (or rather, they're perceived that way by customers), the human element is absent from the equation. I'll bet you million bucks that the thing will be assembled in China, just like the great majority of electronics in the world, however the statement that it's designed elsewhere speaks to the customer (even if it's a lie). It's not being racist against the Chinese as a race in no shape or form - China isn't even mentioned there, all it says is that it's designed in Europe.

I think you're forgetting that I wasn't the one that mentioned "racism" in the first place.

I was just clarifying what tbb043 tried to say.

P.D.: TL;DR

Don't get offended or try to fight me/make fun of me in the chat.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think you're forgetting that I wasn't the one that mentioned "racism" in the first place. I was just clarifying what tbb043 tried to say.
Fair enough, I understood what he said the first time around and I still disagree with that line of thinking. :P
Don't get offended or try to fight me/make fun of me in the chat.
I'm not making fun of you or fighting you, I'm discussing the issue at hand. A non-existant issue, but hey. :P

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not expect homebrew with ODDE, the device still only executes signed code.

You are spot on here. As far as the console itself is concerned, its only going to see an normal unmodified drive, which means signed code only. And unless some sort of exploit/hacked fw is developed for the ODE itself that can allow unsigned code to run (not very likely) then it will remain this way unfortunately

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool