Cobra "UDE" Announced (Wii U)

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can imagine that there will be tons of amazing homebrews using this gamepad.
Official games? not so much though.
I would hope so, but considering the market for touch-screen tablets has been so widely available and somewhat accessible, most interested parties would probably gravitate towards them over a WiiU.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would hope so, but considering the market for touch-screen tablets has been so widely available and somewhat accessible, most interested parties would probably gravitate towards them over a WiiU.

Nintendo just missed the boat on that one. Especially with tablet becoming so affordable these days. If they had implemented tablet controls just a few years ago, they would've had a much better chance at success imo

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo just missed the boat on that one. Especially with tablet becoming so affordable these days. If they had implemented tablet controls just a few years ago, they would've had a much better chance at success imo
If they had the tablet thing figured out that early, they probably held off to keep the Wii milking fresh profits.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they had the tablet thing figured out that early, they probably held off to keep the Wii milking fresh profits.

True, but I still think they were a little late with the tablet controller, but oh well. I still love the Wii U :). Even if that makes me the odd man out in most circles lol

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I play on the Gamepad every day when my wife is sleeping, watching TV or when I'm watching something else on TV ... It's also amazing that you can bring just the console and gamepad somewhere and play (without the need of a TV, Sensor bar or anything else). It's too bad that you don't like it .. or maybe you just don't find a use for it but a lot of people do.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What res would like on your gamepad? 4K resolution?
Don't forget it's Ninty we are talking about.
1080p would be nice, considering the console supports full HD output. The Wii U's gamepad is only 854x480, which is narrowly (by 2 pixels) larger than the largest standard 480p resolution. It's a little bit underwhelming considering the fact that we have smartphones with full HD screens these days. Sorry, but a 480p screen isn't exactly mindblowing in 2014. Then again, streaming in full HD might cause some noticable lag.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
1080p would be nice, considering the console supports full HD output. The Wii U's gamepad is only 854x480, which is narrowly (by 2 pixels) larger than the largest standard 480p resolution. It's a little bit underwhelming considering the fact that we have smartphones with full HD screens these days. Sorry, but a 480p screen isn't exactly mindblowing in 2014. Then again, streaming in full HD might cause some noticable lag.
The bandwidth is probably the reason, because the image is already compressed(pay attention on how the reds bleed) and the range is quite short to conserve bandwidth, but they managed to stream to 2 pads at the same time with zero delay. If they up the resolution to 1080p, streaming to the second pad would be impossible and the image and sound should be horribly compressed too. 720p maybe but still, without second pad and more artifact in the image.

Now getting back on topic. Piracy has never killed a system, piracy instead increase the sales of systems because you can get all the games you want for free so you can't let a opportunity like that go away, don't you??
Every system I have that has no drawback from hacking is hacked. PS3 onward on the other hand, you lose online and that is a great handicap nowdays.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents