Cluster releases Hakchi2 v.2.20, adding support for SNES Classic.

snes-classic.jpg

It's been a while since we've seen a release from Alexey 'Cluster' Avdyukhin, and this new version of hakchi2 is surely not going to disappoint. The release number is v.2.20, and it adds SNES Classic support (!!!), 7zip compression support, among other huge things. Many GBAtemp users have seen massive success with this new release, and as much as I'd like to try it, I don't have an SNES Classic, so it's up to you to try it out.

:download: SOURCE: https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/releases/tag/2.20

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. I built a Pi system a few months ago, and it's amazing, but I still bought the SNES Classic. Why the hell not?? It's official Nintendo hardware, and it's cute :)
Same I bought mine (pi) when I missed the nes mini classic not because people were telling me to buy it instead, but because I always wanted an emulation station too. So I bought a pi3 with an 8bitdo controller and a nes case with heats inks roughly a 60+purchase but worth it. I can see where most say just get a pi because once I got it I liked it a lot and even threw a nes mini theme on it to go with the nes case.(my own mini/retroarch basically) Overall I love my pi but I also love the "mini" series I'd still get a nes mini if I can find one for a reasonable price. I also bought a snes classic had to get the 189.99 bundle from gamestop but Imo it was worth it I like the wireless YOK controllers clicky buttons but I like them.

Last edited by [^Blark^],
Reactions: digipimp75

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a pi, but I can say that if you want a no-frills cheap super nes experience, grabbing an rpi3 and a supernes usb controller is the way to go. You really only need the snes classic for the aesthetics.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a pi, but I can say that if you want a no-frills cheap super nes experience, grabbing an rpi3 and a supernes usb controller is the way to go. You really only need the snes classic for the aesthetics.

Meh, I prefer using Nintendo's official Snes emulator, feels more legit to me.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, but the whole concept of emulators as a whole is controversial. By the way, what made you choose your profile pic?

I know, but it feels better psychologically for me to use legit/licensed emulators, no dinking with config files, setting up SD cards, etc. Well, I like foxes, is the reason.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. Do you own (don't know if own is the right word?) any?

No, I work with foxes, I have a thread in my signature. As far as the Raspberry Pi, what makes me sick is everyone, or at least, numerous people suggesting it and thinking the Snes Classic is something evil and worthy of being averted.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I don't know.. With all the reports of significant input lag? Sounds like a pass for me.

Not to mention there's no legal gray areas since the SNES classic is an authorized device. Unless you modify it.. Of course.

Last edited by Kioku,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know.. With all the reports of significant input lag? Sounds like a pass for me.

Not to mention there's no legal gray areas since the SNES classic is an authorized device.

Under US copyright law, emulators that don't contain copyrighted software have been deemed fair game by the US Supreme Court. Given that they are reverse-engineered/derivative works, they're legal. Sony tried suing Connectix and Bleem and lost in both cases, where the judge dismissed the lawsuits stating emulators are legal since the don't contain copyrighted information. Hardware can't be copyrighted either. I go by what the US law says, and not what some dude at NOA says on their site. ROMs and ISO images, whole other area.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Under US copyright law, emulators that don't contain copyrighted software have been deemed fair game by the US Supreme Court. Given that they are reverse-engineered/derivative works, they're legal. Sony tried suing Connectix and Bleem and lost in both cases, where the judge dismissed the lawsuits stating emulators are legal since the don't contain copyrighted information. Hardware can't be copyrighted either. I go by what the US law says, and not what some dude at NOA says on their site. ROMs and ISO images, whole other area.

My point right there. Never explicitly said anything about emulators.

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just did it, it was easy so thanks to Cluster but I have a question. Can I display all games together instead of having a separate folder for added games? There's a video on YouTube of a guy with all games together.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point right there. Never explicitly said anything about emulators.

No, but, the Snes Classic, being legit and licensed, feels better for me, somehow. More so than an RP3. I'm sick and tired of people suggesting it ad nauseum.

I just did it, it was easy so thanks to Cluster but I have a question. Can I display all games together instead of having a separate folder for added games? There's a video on YouTube of a guy with all games together.

You have to disable folders in Hackchi

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
No, but, the Snes Classic, being legit and licensed, feels better for me, somehow. More so than an RP3. I'm sick and tired of people suggesting it ad nauseum.

I'm saying the SNES classic is the way to go. The RPI thing gets old. Not to mention a quick search shows the nice input lag that comes with it. Playing on my SNES classic is better than any PC emulation.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm saying the SNES classic is the way to go. The RPI thing gets old. Not to mention a quick search shows the nice input lag that comes with it. Playing on my SNES classic is better than any PC emulation.
Oh no, What if the PC Master race people see you say that? :P

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. I built a Pi system a few months ago, and it's amazing, but I still bought the SNES Classic. Why the hell not?? It's official Nintendo hardware, and it's cute :)
Same here. I love my Pi, but I love the SNES Classic too. It's also much easier to install RetroArch to than the NES Classic.

Reactions: digipimp75

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ