Cluster releases Hakchi2 v.2.20, adding support for SNES Classic.

snes-classic.jpg

It's been a while since we've seen a release from Alexey 'Cluster' Avdyukhin, and this new version of hakchi2 is surely not going to disappoint. The release number is v.2.20, and it adds SNES Classic support (!!!), 7zip compression support, among other huge things. Many GBAtemp users have seen massive success with this new release, and as much as I'd like to try it, I don't have an SNES Classic, so it's up to you to try it out.

:download: SOURCE: https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/releases/tag/2.20

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@MrJason005: But the RPi thing takes 3 minutes to boot up, and 2 minutes to shut down, doesn't have a power or reset button, and the configuration is done using old MS-DOS style text screens or ssh connection. No thanks. To each his/her own I guess.
Keep in mind that this video is 3 years old, so it has gotten even better than this:

youtu.be/vq99cf1cuk8?t=2m12s

Also, I found this video in under 10 seconds from a google search

Last edited by MrJason005,

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind that this video is 3 years old, so it has gotten even better than this:

youtu.be/vq99cf1cuk8?t=2m12s

Also, I found this video in under 10 seconds from a google search

Yup takes forever to boot. That video shows a 40 second boot time for RPi, feels like an eternity. Compare that to ~3 seconds instant boot on my SNES Mini. My own RetroPie takes WAY longer to boot than in the video, because I have more games on it. The more games you put, the slower the RPi boot time. And shutdown is also slow as hell.

Last edited by rsn8887,

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yup takes forever to boot. That video shows a 40 second boot time for RPi, feels like an eternity. Compare that to ~3 seconds instant boot on my SNES Mini. My own RetroPie takes WAY longer to boot than in the video, because I have more games on it. The more games you put, the slower the RPi boot time. And shutdown is also slow as hell.
Have you taken into consideration the time needed to actually hack it and sideload your games?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Have you taken into consideration the time needed to actually hack it and sideload your games?
Plug n play?

I'm assuming you mean the SNES classic... Took 5 minutes to add 40 games.. That's with the custom kernel added.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't a cold shutdown remove everything (not the games & saves ofc) and require you to redo the exploit?

Exploit? You write the custom kernel when you run the program. It's not like a semi tethered jailbreak or anything.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't a cold shutdown remove everything (not the games & saves ofc) and require you to redo the exploit?

No, it's permanently on the NAND until you flash the original kernel. Everything you flash is on there until you change it. It's like the NES Classic, this isn't any different.

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Flipping the small boxarts 90 degrees allows you to add a load more titles onto the main page for those folks that don't like subfolders:

kcjlMBV.jpg

Only thing is you have to redo it all if you add more games, would be a nice hack to add to the software. Also someone fixed the "remove thumbnails" lagging as well:

https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/pull/607
How do you flip the small boxarts?

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
great idea! but how can you flip the boxarts in hakchi? and what's the maximum of titles that will fit on the main page? thanks!

How do you flip the small boxarts?

FTP in, copy the *_small.png files across to your PC, open them up in paint, flip them 90 in paint and FTP them back. To fit even more ROMs on one page simply resize them down to 22x31 (down from 28x40) and you'll be able to fit around 50 titles at once.

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FTP in, copy the *_small.png files across to your PC, open them up in paint, flip them 90 in paint and FTP them back. To fit even more ROMs on one page simply resize them down to 22x31 (down from 28x40) and you'll be able to fit around 50 titles at once.
FTP??

So we have to flip them on Paint and use the Browse button to add them again on Hakchi, right?

By the way, for people that do not know this, IT IS CONVENIENT that you backup your kernel file which is in the "hakchi2/dump/" folder.

EDIT: Don't you have this problem that you get the C8 error when you remove folders?

Last edited by Waveracer,

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you don't know what FTP is its probably best you leave this alone for the moment as I'm sure it will be included at some point.
I don't have a NES Classic, just a SNES Classic and I haven't done anything beyond adding more games. I don't even have Retroarch installed. Did you check my EDIT question? :) I have problems with that.

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey guys and girls,
I've got 2 questions:
1. How many games fit on the main SNES screen?
2. How many games fit in a folder?

Thanks!

Reactions: MKKhanzo

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
I don't have a NES Classic, just a SNES Classic and I haven't done anything beyond adding more games. I don't even have Retroarch installed. Did you check my EDIT question? :) I have problems with that.

The 90 covers is something you have to do manually, hence why I advised waiting until Hakchi scripts it at some point as messing around with the file system via FTP isn't very newcomer friendly. IIRC C8 errors are usually due to having too many games in a folder, have you tried switching the folder options to auto subfolder and then reuploading? I've tried between a couple and 200 ROMs on my machine and never got the C8 error as long as the folder structure is selected correctly.

Reactions: Waveracer

GGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to dump the saves from an unhacked SNES Mini? (I have two) Because I would like to transfer my Zelda save from the unhacked one to the hacked one.
I tried but hakchi2 can't connect to the Mini (unhacked) although the driver is already installed.
Thanks!

Last edited by GGC,

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The 90 covers is something you have to do manually, hence why I advised waiting until Hakchi scripts it at some point as messing around with the file system via FTP isn't very newcomer friendly. IIRC C8 errors are usually due to having too many games in a folder, have you tried switching the folder options to auto subfolder and then reuploading? I've tried between a couple and 200 ROMs on my machine and never got the C8 error as long as the folder structure is selected correctly.
Thank for all. I tried what the_randomizer told me, I selected different options on Settings, Page/Folder structure. I have 76 games, I want to display them together but I get the C8 error every time I turn off the system. What option should I choose exactly?

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know how to solve the sound glitch on Terranigma (without Retroarch)? Is it possible?
It's impossible to fix without using a third-party emulator, like RetroArch.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATTENTION:
Keep ALL Super NES Classic vs. Raspberry Pi discussion out of this thread.
Any and all violating posts will be reported as off-topic.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Thank for all. I tried what the_randomizer told me, I selected different options on Settings, Page/Folder structure. I have 76 games, I want to display them together but I get the C8 error every time I turn off the system. What option should I choose exactly?

Pretty sure you can't display that many items on one page without the error.

It's impossible to fix without using a third-party emulator, like RetroArch.

You sure? I thought this was fixed in the latest release via a patch to make it run native?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: