Homebrew Clarification Thread - What is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Seriously. People should be happy that a developer is checking that their stuff is ok. The fact that people will take any .3dsx someone posts on here and run it on their hardware immediately without actually knowing what it is is a pretty obvious sign that the caution taken is warranted in this case.
I've got it. We should make a 3ds bricker, called 3ds bricker, and let the herd thin itself out.

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to see a mod of 10.3 that just reintroduces the old exploits similar to what they did with the Wii ios files. So we can have all the new 10.3 stuff and no update nags while keeping all the good hacks :P

Reactions: Rizzorules

MegaBoyEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Idiots bashing pingo on Twitter. Hurrr they're just zips durrrrr

Why they are? TTP file idea was awesome! It gives SHA-1 checksumming in runtime, so it will protect the system if the content become corrupted when copied to SD Card, which can happens a lot if the filesystem is damaged (can happens when 3DS crashes while writing files to SD).

I really liked the TTP file idea!

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to see a mod of 10.3 that just reintroduces the old exploits similar to what they did with the Wii ios files. So we can have all the new 10.3 stuff and no update nags while keeping all the good hacks :P
that's why you go into a thing called emunand.

Substance12

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

There is barely any difference between 9.2 and 10.3 that's not exploit-related.

Bull Moose 2016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got it. We should make a 3ds bricker, called 3ds bricker, and let the herd thin itself out.

What's hilarious in one way and totally scary in another way is that the gap between a legitimate application that's released in the near future and the exact "bricker" app you described is so tiny it would take some douchebag less than one day to put it together.

Reactions: Zedjones and WeedZ

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about 1GB for Old, 2GB for new.

but it's kind of the only way to have everything on 9.3+ and have kernel at the moment.
If they can replace the files and what not I'm sure they could do what I said if it's possible. But I guess it depends how many people want that instead of emunand. If it's not hard to setup I'll probably do it. I just bought a 64GB sd card so it's not like I have a shortage of space now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9