New 2DS XL bricked after downgrading from 11.15 to 11.4

EmilioMK7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My 2DS xl bricked after I downgraded it from 11.15 to 11.4. I hacked it with the 3ds hacks guide and downgraded it with sysUpdater 0.4.3b from profi200. I got the 11.4.0-37E update files from darthsternie.
I did already downgrade to 11.7 (just to test the sysUpdater) and it worked just fine and I updated it to 11.15 again. Anyway, I tried the same with 11.4 and the sysUpdater said that everything was correctly installed. (By the way, I read that 11.4 is the oldest update you can install on the 2DS xl without bricking it.)
When it restarted, the screen shuts off, on (black) and after a few seconds the procedure repeats on and on, even after an hour it repeats, but nothing happens beside that. Also, the power and wlan light are constantly on. After turning it off manually, I recognized that godmode9 and luma still work (start/select when starting) and when I press start in luma, sometimes, randomly, the home menu pops on, but after one second comes an error code on the touch screen. One time, I was able to start sysUpdater and tried to re-install 11.4, but it just says that the update is already installed. So I moved the 11.15 update files to the updates folder and tried again, but I wasnt able to start sysUpdater, the Error comes and I have to restart it. I can also go into the screen where it shows the functions in standby mode, but when I go in the home menu, the error comes again.
Is it possible that my 2DS bricked cause i let the wlan on?
I have an European version (Germany).
Or is there an guide to unbrick 3ds systems who are bricked because of mis installed firmwares?

I apologize for any english mistakes.
747BAC1D-C7CC-460F-8066-215E70DD2C05.jpeg

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The easiest way would be to restore the Nand backup. I hope you created one, otherwise you could try to update by using ntrboot.
If you're using NTRboot just copy sysupdater to your sd card instead of safeb9sinstaller.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Fair warning: Read all before proceeding.

Is boot9strap installed? Yes/No
  • No: Install boot9strap using ntrboot (Specifically the DS flashcart way with another 3ds)
Now Finalize setup.
Do you have the backup of your 11.15 prior the downgrade? Yes/No
  • Yes: Use GodMode9 restore tool to get back on track. I'd recommend upgrading to latest afterwards.
  • No: Use GodMode9 to do a CTRTransfer (THE REGION SHOULD MATCH).
EDIT: Remember you can change the language of the guide at top right. All pages are in plenty of languages!

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

EmilioMK7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The easiest way would be to restore the Nand backup. I hope you created one, otherwise you could try to update by using ntrboot.
If you're using NTRboot just copy sysupdater to your sd card instead of safeb9sinstaller.
That one for what i needed at least 1,3gb of space on may sd card when creating it?
do the games and installed Homebrews stay on my console?

EmilioMK7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Fair warning: Read all before proceeding.

Is boot9strap installed? Yes/No
  • No: Install boot9strap using ntrboot (Specifically the DS flashcart way with another 3ds)
Now Finalize setup.
Do you have the backup of your 11.15 prior the downgrade? Yes/No
  • Yes: Use GodMode9 restore tool to get back on track. I'd recommend upgrading to latest afterwards.
  • No: Use GodMode9 to do a CTRTransfer (THE REGION SHOULD MATCH).
EDIT: Remember you can change the language of the guide at top right. All pages are in plenty of languages!
Set it on German, thank you very much!!!

EmilioMK7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you have the full backup (with the tickets info), the CTRTransfer page shows you how to recover your tickets.
Yup, my 2dxl works again and i got all tickets with faketik. I tried to downgrade to 11.5.0-38E, that worked fine, but with 11.4.0-37E, the same brick happens again. Maybe I should download the Update on another site. At least the unbrick process was short and the same.

Thank you for your help!!! :yay3ds:

Reactions: Urbanshadow

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Yup, my 2dxl works again and i got all tickets with faketik. I tried to downgrade to 11.5.0-38E, that worked fine, but with 11.4.0-37E, the same brick happens again. Maybe I should download the Update on another site. At least the unbrick process was short and the same.

Just curious, why do you need to downgrade the firmware?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Please stop trying to downgrade a N2DSXL below 11.5. The first N2DSXL consoles came with a special version of 11.4, but the commonly available 11.4 doesn't (easily) work.

Downgrading is dangerous and not needed anyway (unless you are doing tests).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto