Homebrew Clarification Thread - What is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsthenavy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preconfigured .zips and config files should be idiot proof enough. This seems lore like legit-cia-installation-proof.
I'd bet my bottom dollar its got a zip and an SHA sum to verify the archive integrity and some way to prevent you from flashing the wrong thing to your system. Someone will still find a way to brick it, but leaving opportunity for the end user to brick means they can and likely will.

Reactions: Mrrraou

Bull Moose 2016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt that you can easily install CIAs as Kernel11, and memchunkhax2 keeps freezing at some point tho.

Very interesting. What are you all using to debug your code, or are you able to debug even? I was playing around with this stuff on my 3ds the other day, but basically printing crap to the screen was the only way I could see what was going on at all.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
All the time machine does is install a bunch of cias that put the 9.2 firmware over the one you already have.
Yes. So why do you need it to allow legit cia installation instead of an archive? Why would he go out of his way to prevent legit cias? You've lost me entirely.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. So why do you need it to allow legit cia installation instead of an archive? Why would he go out of his way to prevent legit cias? You've lost me entirely.
Because if all it does is install signed firmware cias, why does he make it so hard to install other types of signed cias?

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Because if all it does is install signed firmware cias, why does he make it so hard to install other types of signed cias?
So you don't wreck your stuff. Here's a question that will completely invalidate your concern. Why do you care if once downgraded you can install anything you want in cia, from pirated/legit games to homebrew?

Bull Moose 2016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idiots bashing pingo on Twitter. Hurrr they're just zips durrrrr

Seriously. People should be happy that a developer is checking that their stuff is ok. The fact that people will take any .3dsx someone posts on here and run it on their hardware immediately without actually knowing what it is is a pretty obvious sign that the caution taken is warranted in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn