Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
For example, reddit AMAs: generally an admin or a moderator will check the person out and validate their identity first, before allowing such a thing as requesting or mentioning donation for a personal project. Have you reached out to such a person for GBAtemp before making this thread?
To be honest, I didn't think of this as an issue due to the evidence that is already out there. I will poke one of the moderators and ask them to verify this thread some way, if that's something gbatemp moderators do.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't thought it needed a confirmation or verification, Neobrain already posted a lot in Citra thread, and everyone can do the verification himself :

Look in the first post : paypal ID = K899FANUJ2ZXW
Look in facebook link provided in the first post, on facebook there's a paypal link too : K899FANUJ2ZXW
citra website has the same link.
Go to github which is the one where all citra-dev are comiting (you can check the contributor's list) which assume this is the correct and head project, not a clone or fork. On the readme, there's also a link to paypal donation : K899FANUJ2ZXW
bunnei is the one who added it to the readme.

All Paypal ID are the same.
neobrain is not a random user impersonating a citra developer to gain money if that's the verification you expected to be done.
Do you need a moderator to verify that bunnei (who added paypal link, not neobrain) is one of the real developer?

As for the donation thread, I don't see any issue with it as long as it's a donation!
he doesn't beg you to donate to make progress or release it. he won't request money to provide the emulator to users either (pay to get updates or sources/shareware/etc.).
Users are FREE to donate (and not to buy!) to the developers do to whatever they want with it. Of course you can't be sure he won't use it to buy beers, but like he said, you are free to send one of the developers/homebrewer a console or flashcart instead.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6T7DIhu.png
"Meanwhile, playing 3dscraft at half a frame per minute"

From a tweet from smealum

RichardLaughter_

Trophies
XP
I didn't thought it needed a confirmation or verification, Neobrain already posted a lot in Citra thread, and everyone can do the verification himself :

Look in the first post : paypal ID = K899FANUJ2ZXW
Look in facebook link provided in the first post, on facebook there's a paypal link too : K899FANUJ2ZXW
citra website has the same link.
Go to github which is the one where all citra-dev are comiting (you can check the contributor's list) which assume this is the correct and head project, not a clone or fork. On the readme, there's also a link to paypal donation : K899FANUJ2ZXW
bunnei is the one who added it to the readme.

All Paypal ID are the same.
neobrain is not a random user impersonating a citra developer to gain money if that's the verification you expected to be done.
Do you need a moderator to verify that bunnei (who added paypal link, not neobrain) is one of the real developer?

As for the donation thread, I don't see any issue with it as long as it's a donation!
he doesn't beg you to donate to make progress or release it. he won't request money to provide the emulator to users either (pay to get updates or sources/shareware/etc.).
Users are FREE to donate (and not to buy!) to the developers do to whatever they want with it. Of course you can't be sure he won't use it to buy beers, but like he said, you are free to send one of the developers/homebrewer a console or flashcart instead.

Id buy Neobrain a beer! He probably needs it after reading all this drama XD

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
(@mods: I found it appropriate to open a new thread for this, given that it would get lost quickly in the other Citra thread. Sorry if it isn't!)
Hi, thanks again for your continued work on Citra.

I've merged the two threads to avoid cluttering the forum and also to help you - the main thread gets bumped every day, while the "donation thread" was being quickly forgotten. Feel free to add a donation button in the first post, which is pretty much what every user reads to find out about new versions and to get download links to them :)

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, thanks again for your continued work on Citra.

I've merged the two threads to avoid cluttering the forum and also to help you - the main thread gets bumped every day, while the "donation thread" was being quickly forgotten. Feel free to add a donation button in the first post, which is pretty much what every user reads to find out about new versions and to get download links to them :)

Hey, sure np. Sounds okay to me too ;)

Although, I can't find the first post of the donation announcement thread anymore - am I not looking hard enough, or did it get lost? I spent quite a bit of time into writing it, so would be cool if I could get the announcement back for re-use on the first post of this thread ... Maybe there's still a place from which a mod could restore it? EDIT: Woops, nevermind. wasn't looking hard enough!

Reactions: raulpica

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If my money contributes to Citra developers to go get a large combo at McDonalds I would be pleased to know the energy gained will help them continue the project.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if it's too early to ask or if it's a stupid question or anything, but I wanted to know if you guys plan on including an option to increase the internal resolution in the emulator? I'm watching an LP of Ocarina of Time 3D, and realized that other than the slight pixelation from the small screen, it looks much nicer than I originally thought than the original game. I figured if I were to eventually emulate the game, it would be nice to be able to smooth that out a bit. I believe that it can be done on a PSP emulator, and I know from the pictures that I've seen that it makes a stunning difference on a DS emulator, so I was curious if it was something that's equally easy to do an any type of emulator or if it would require more specialized knowledge of the system being emulated specifically.

Reactions: Margen67

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if it's too early to ask or if it's a stupid question or anything, but I wanted to know if you guys plan on including an option to increase the internal resolution in the emulator? I'm watching an LP of Ocarina of Time 3D, and realized that other than the slight pixelation from the small screen, it looks much nicer than I originally thought than the original game. I figured if I were to eventually emulate the game, it would be nice to be able to smooth that out a bit. I believe that it can be done on a PSP emulator, and I know from the pictures that I've seen that it makes a stunning difference on a DS emulator, so I was curious if it was something that's equally easy to do an any type of emulator or if it would require more specialized knowledge of the system being emulated specifically.

Since the 3DS is entirely a 3D console there's a good chance that games which utilize the GPU for rendering will be able to have increased resolution in the future. Whether it will be top priority or not is another question though.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the 3DS is entirely a 3D console there's a good chance that games which utilize the GPU for rendering will be able to have increased resolution in the future. Whether it will be top priority or not is another question though.
I hope the emulator author is willing to do this. I remember one of the DS emulator authors refused to implement higher native resolution support, because they thought games should look faithful... which sounded like a crock of shit.

Thankfully this game earlier in the year :)

http://gbatemp.net/threads/hi-resolution-ds-emulation.364549/

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

RichardLaughter_

Trophies
XP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright