Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so there isn't a compatibility list either?
I doubt so. From lasts news I heard, Citra can run Zelda ocarina of time with less than 1 fps (like 1 frame every 2,3 seconds)
So, even if you could play any games with citra, they would be unplayable due to the frame rate.

Reactions: Margen67
D

Deleted User

How well do 2D games run, if at all? I saw a screenshot on the OP of lots of v, or I mean, VVVVVV running, so I just thought I'd ask.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Right now, I don't think so.
Wii U is a last gen console. 3ds could be perfectly emulated since they don't require a lot of power and so high specs.
Citra runs at less than 1 fps but it's not due to specs or such, from what I understand, it's due to compatibility between 3ds graphics and windows. They need to make a graphics plugin to make it works faster.
Wii U however, it's something else. Remember that even if your pc is more powerful than the wii u, it needs way higher specs to emulate the console.

D

Deleted User

Right now, I don't think so.
Wii U is a last gen console. 3ds could be perfectly emulated since they don't require a lot of power and so high specs.
Citra runs at less than 1 fps but it's not due to specs or such, from what I understand, it's due to compatibility between 3ds graphics and windows. They need to make a graphics plugin to make it works faster.
Wii U however, it's something else. Remember that even if your pc is more powerful than the wii u, it needs way higher specs to emulate the console.

I feel like people will start attempting to work on one in a few years, like maybe 4 or more.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel like people will start attempting to work on one in a few years, like maybe 4 or more.
Even today, a pc that is more powerful than a ps4 can hardly emulate a ps3 or a xbox 360
Wii U, well, there are way higher probability that it gets an emulator before ps4 or xbox one since its specs are very low... for a last gen console
Today, no, it won't be possible at all to play wii u on pc (unless you like when there is less than 1 fps).
In 4 years, yes, it will be possible, with the kind of specs that will be available then :

1TB of RAM
3PB of HDD (1 PB = 1024 TB)
12,4 GHz Intel processor
Processor of 34 core
Graphics card : Nvidia GTX Titan Ultra next gen with 48GB of VRAM
Monitor resolution : 64K
DirectX 14.2

And I'm talking about a common pc, not about a gamer PC

Reactions: Deleted User

pdensco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Even today, a pc that is more powerful than a ps4 can hardly emulate a ps3 or a xbox 360
Wii U, well, there are way higher probability that it gets an emulator before ps4 or xbox one since its specs are very low... for a last gen console
Today, no, it won't be possible at all to play wii u on pc (unless you like when there is less than 1 fps).
In 4 years, yes, it will be possible, with the kind of specs that will be available then :

1TB of RAM
3PB of HDD (1 PB = 1024 TB)
12,4 GHz Intel processor
Processor of 34 core
Graphics card : Nvidia GTX Titan Ultra next gen with 48GB of VRAM
Monitor resolution : 64K
DirectX 14.2

And I'm talking about a common pc, not about a gamer PC

your just overeacting it won,t need that much processor or ram lol dude what are you upto just giving people false answer:wtf:

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
your just overeacting it won,t need that much processor or ram lol dude what are you upto just giving people false answer:wtf:
What do you mean overeacting? o.O
Who knows what could happens in 4 years :)

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, it probably would need those specs.

Ok, so, english isn't my native language, so maybe I'm misunderstood,
I was telling the specs that would be available in 4 years, not the requirement of a wii u emulator XD

D

Deleted User

Ok, so, english isn't my native language, so maybe I'm misunderstood,
I was telling the specs that would be available in 4 years, not the requirement of a wii u emulator XD

IDK, but maybe it would need those specs, it just depends on what the quality of the emulator would be, how many plugins it needs, etc.

D

Deleted User

What I was mainly saying was like, earlier into the creation of the Wii U emulator, to get a game to play well/properly, then maybe we'd need those specs. Y'know what I mean?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOL dude sorry i don,t wanna say that to you but you made me do that. you where saying that we need 1tb ram to run wii u emulator thats why.
ANYWAY.......!
I though I would impress you with my 3PB HDD :)

Reactions: Deleted User

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol i think it would happen in next 4or5years but there will be just 1pb because right know there is only 8tb harddrive released ^_^
WRONG!!!!
Well, here in quebec, there are hard drive of 20TB available, but they are like 1200$

D

Deleted User

lol i think it would happen in next 4or5years but there will be just 1pb because right know there is only 8tb harddrive released ^_^

I thought the largest was 5TB? I don't really pay too much attention to PC hardware evolution now.

WRONG!!!!
Well, here in quebec, there are hard drive of 20TB available, but they are like 1200$

Holy crap! That would be the kind of HDD I would need for my computer, mine fills up fast.
It would be horrible to have that harddrive fail on you, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.