Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the info but I don't fully understand what you mean...

Do you mean emunand is designed for vc/ww off sd/USB only?
(Rather than "ordinary wii"/system channels?)

Well those channels can just as good be launched from the regular system menu.
These function make more sense if you want to store and load lots of VC an Wiiware games, wich is limited on the standard sm menu ( 40 channels ) and limited to the amount of avaiable block you have present on your Wii.

With emunand loading all these limitations are gone.
Deu to the fact that the channels you mention are "dynamic", it's hard to fix . these channels get their info from the wii system, and will probably never be fixed for loading from emunand without these corruptions.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Deu to the fact that the channels you mention are "dynamic", it's hard to fix . these channels get their info from the wii system, and will probably never be fixed for loading from emunand without these corruptions.
I understand now thanks...
I was thinking by dumping my wii's nand (ie real nand dump not modmii nand), that all the info needed would be on the emunand just as it was on the original nand...still hope that compatibility with these difficult channels will someday be figured out (maj mask etc also) but understand that's very difficult..
But anyway I mentioned it also just to be on the safe side ;)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I understand now thanks...
I was thinking by dumping my wii's nand (ie real nand dump not modmii nand), that all the info needed would be on the emunand just as it was on the original nand...still hope that compatibility with these difficult channels will someday be figured out (maj mask etc also) but understand that's very difficult..
But anyway I mentioned it also just to be on the safe side ;)
Well there is a way to do what you want.
Modmii can help you too.
You can set up Neek2o, so far it has 100% compatibilty as far as I know.

norbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@GolfDude
Yes, it is technically possible but I have no plans to implement this feature.

That's bad. I have to use 2 usb ports for the HDD and so there is none left for microphones. I don't know whether the official usb hub for microphones will work on the wii u because of less power of one port. Does it really need a lot of time to implement that useful feature?

Duckuss_Maxximo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk if it's been addressed yet and if so, I'm sorry, I don't keep on the up and up with the modding world except for in stints of a few months at a time (mainly if i read on wiibrew that anything has been updated I'll look into it) I just saw that Wiixplorer had a new update which allowed the use of both usb ports but I want to know if I can use both at the same time or is it just one or the other? I just updated to r245 and it seems to work but only one works at a time after I changed the boot options to 58 as opposed to the default 202 setting. (Before update only the bottom port would load)

I also saw that it says it only works with D2X v9+ which I was running but I saw it had been updated to v10alt so I downloaded the new one (the hard wii version not the vWii version) but I noticed that everytime I boot up D2X cIOS Installer it shows v6 in the default selections. That doesn't have anything to do with the IOS249 and 250 I already modified to v10 right? I keep thinking it's resetting my modifications but maybe I'm just being paranoid. I was wondering if that was affecting Wiixplorer and why I couldn't load both usb ports at the same time but if it's just one or the other then hopefully I can stop freaking out.

Sorry if this issue has already been addressed everybody but I was fed up with scouring google trying to find the answer and figured it'd be best to go to people more knowledgeable who stay more informed than myself (or google) in such matters.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Idk if it's been addressed yet and if so, I'm sorry, I don't keep on the up and up with the modding world except for in stints of a few months at a time (mainly if i read on wiibrew that anything has been updated I'll look into it) I just saw that Wiixplorer had a new update which allowed the use of both usb ports but I want to know if I can use both at the same time or is it just one or the other? I just updated to r245 and it seems to work but only one works at a time after I changed the boot options to 58 as opposed to the default 202 setting. (Before update only the bottom port would load)

I also saw that it says it only works with D2X v9+ which I was running but I saw it had been updated to v10alt so I downloaded the new one (the hard wii version not the vWii version) but I noticed that everytime I boot up D2X cIOS Installer it shows v6 in the default selections. That doesn't have anything to do with the IOS249 and 250 I already modified to v10 right? I keep thinking it's resetting my modifications but maybe I'm just being paranoid. I was wondering if that was affecting Wiixplorer and why I couldn't load both usb ports at the same time but if it's just one or the other then hopefully I can stop freaking out.

Sorry if this issue has already been addressed everybody but I was fed up with scouring google trying to find the answer and figured it'd be best to go to people more knowledgeable who stay more informed than myself (or google) in such matters.
You could reply to dimok's wiiexplorer ( wiixplorer ) google page, as that is probably the best place ask your question or to post issues.
On Wiibrew you will not find a lot of info on d2x or any cios in particular.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah, his syscheck will probably show a cIOS installed but that IS about the only opinion you'll get out of WiiBrew.
Lol, I have like 20 patched IOS installed. I only use 3 regularly (202 for media, and two for backup loaders), but I do a lot of testing so I try things out on multiple versions. Sometimes stuff doesn't work with a particular version.

Now that the AHB patch is easily applied, you won't find much that needs a cIOS, so I don't use them. I just keep them because they aren't hurting anything (despite what dhewg says here), and if I ever want to run a legacy app I have them available.

I find it amusing that people on Wiibrew will say that patching an IOS on-the-fly is fine, but if you patch an IOS and install it to another slot (so patching isn't necessary each time you launch an app), that makes you a pirate.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I know it was said that nothing else would be added (at least not by Dave) but is there anyone willing to patch a classic controller emulator into d2x to add something like this
http://gbatemp.net/threads/libsicksaxis-connect-sixaxis-ds3-to-the-wii.339191/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/snes9x-gx-4-3-2-with-libsicksaxis.339612/
I'd assume the library there is already precompiled for PPC so it would take getting a hold of some source code (and I didn't look to see if there was any) or writing it from scratch but this shows that it's definitely possible.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know it was said that nothing else would be added (at least not by Dave) but is there anyone willing to patch a classic controller emulator into d2x to add something like this
http://gbatemp.net/threads/libsicksaxis-connect-sixaxis-ds3-to-the-wii.339191/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/snes9x-gx-4-3-2-with-libsicksaxis.339612/
I'd assume the library there is already precompiled for PPC so it would take getting a hold of some source code (and I didn't look to see if there was any) or writing it from scratch but this shows that it's definitely possible.

It's not the (c)IOS that has to support that, but libogc for example

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
[...] I noticed that everytime I boot up D2X cIOS Installer it shows v6 in the default selections. That doesn't have anything to do with the IOS249 and 250 I already modified to v10 right?
The installer can only have installation informations known at the time the installer was released. and the default/latest released version at that time was d2x v6, so it's the default version selected in the installer.
It can't magically know that a new IOS has been release, which patch to applied, etc.
You need to add patching information to the installer to add support for v7, v8, v9, v10, v10-alt

To do that, you need to download and extract the desired version into the cIOS installer's folder.
Look at the guide here: http://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/wiki/How_To_Install

lepicane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Intending the jump from v8 to v10 on my Wii. v8 is installed following the tutorial at
HTML:
http://gwht.wikidot.com/d2x
which says:

Slot 248 - Base 56 - Compatibility with most games and slightly faster read timing. Definitely use this for games with microphones and Wii Speak.
Slot 247 - Base 57 - Compatibility with many games. Definitely use this with Call of Duty: Black Ops.

However, the how to install at
HTML:
http://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/wiki/How_To_Install
says:

The recommended configuration: 249 base 56, 250 base 57

Can you please advise which is the most appropriate one for v10 if I want to continue playing Black Ops?

Thanks

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

Intending the jump from v8 to v10 on my Wii. v8 is installed following the tutorial at
HTML:
http://gwht.wikidot.com/d2x
which says:

However, the how to install at
HTML:
http://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/wiki/How_To_Install
says:

Can you please advise which is the most appropriate one for v10 if I want to continue playing Black Ops?

Thanks
Use modmii to get your files and follow it's tutorial.
Do not follow that s**t you posted.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The slot has nothing to do with being "most appropriate".
You have ~50 free slots available, just install the patched IOS in the slot you want, but remember which one you chose, as you will have to tell USBloaders which slot they need to use.

If you install the "base56" in slot 240, and "base57" in slot 250, if you want to play Call of Duty which require a "base57", then you need to tell the USBloader to use the slot 250.

If you installed the "base57" in 243, tell the loader to use 243
etc.
It's up to you do choose the slot.

Most common practice in hacking/softmoding guide are: slot249 based on IOS 56; slot 250 based on IOS 57

Reactions: tbgtbg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5