Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BortzANATOR said:
Haha i honestly dont see an 11 year old girl getting through any of those games.
Give her a pokemon or something.

You underestimate the power of young gamers.

Hell, I played Chrono Trigger first when I was only 7. I played that game over and over again, earning every ending (I will admit, the Bad Ending is the easiest, since you really just need to let Lavos own you). I played that game like a hardcore would.

Also, you are implying that anyone under the age of 13 is incapable of playing a moderately difficult RPG. Completely untrue

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Personally, I really liked Suikoden Tierkreis. Since she's 11yrs. and new to RPGs, it might be a good start. Chrono Trigger is a good compromise between difficulty and story. FF4 might be boring for her and FF12 is a T-RPG which is totally different. Dragon Quest games can be very difficult, so I would not choose them for someone who's a "beginner rolist". I'd recommend Mario & Luigi : Bowser's inside story or Golden Sun : Dark Dawn.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BortzANATOR said:
Haha i honestly dont see an 11 year old girl getting through any of those games.
Huh? What makes you say that, her age and gender or is it just the age? Like PoweredByTux says, anyone can be good at RPGs whatever the age, it just depends on who you are. I beat GS and GS2 around that age and was playing Baldur's Gate. So age nor gender has nothing to do with it.

Besides, Suikoden is very easy, especially if you actually use healing potions - which you usually don't have to. So anyone who can play games would be able to beat it.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fel said:
BortzANATOR said:
Huh? What makes you say that, her age and gender or is it just the age? Like PoweredByTux says, anyone can be good at RPGs whatever the age, it just depends on who you are. I beat GS and GS2 around that age and was playing Baldur's Gate. So age nor gender has nothing to do with it.

Besides, Suikoden is very easy, especially if you actually use healing potions - which you usually don't have to. So anyone who can play games would be able to beat it.
Ok ok fine i take it back.
Its more of age for me. Maybe i was just a sucky gamer as an 11 year old. All i played was Pokemon Yellow and DWM

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ritsuki said:
Personally, I really liked Suikoden Tierkreis. Since she's 11yrs. and new to RPGs, it might be a good start. Chrono Trigger is a good compromise between difficulty and story. FF4 might be boring for her and FF12 is a T-RPG which is totally different. Dragon Quest games can be very difficult, so I would not choose them for someone who's a "beginner rolist". I'd recommend Mario & Luigi : Bowser's inside story or Golden Sun : Dark Dawn.

I agree.. For such a young gamer who's starting to play RPGs and stuff, wouldn't it be best to start with something more accessible like one of the Mario & Luigi games.. or maybe FF Crystal Chronicles or something? :/

But if you specifically want a game out of those three, then I would suggest Suikoden - it's the most simple, standard RPG out of them (gameplay mechanics and 'grinding' wise) AND its still fun and pretty to look at. Oh and undub it plz, otherwise she will be scarred for life xD

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BortzANATOR said:
Fel said:
BortzANATOR said:

BortzANATOR said:
Ok ok fine i take it back.
Its more of age for me. Maybe i was just a sucky gamer as an 11 year old. All i played was Pokemon Yellow and DWM
Good.
smile.gif
You know, a well-suited analogy would be like somebody can pick up Tomb Raider or Mario and clear the stage for the first time without losing a single life, somebody can do it right away, while others have to try more - other people would excel at RPGs and get the battle system right away, understand how to power level characters and so on, while others would need more experience or read the strategy guides before being really good at them. Hey, and Pokemon Yellow is kind of challenging, remember the first gym? You needed to grind or catch a Caterpie and evolve it to a Butterfree, so strategy was involved as well.
smile.gif

@suruz: And let her experience this? It might seem natural now for us who watch anime, but she might be thrown off by it - besides, for me personally it's kind of annoying how Marica in the jap dub sounds like a stereotypial anime "meek" girl (though she's the meek type who does like adventures, not the "What's...that? Uh...oh.... Iiiiiii!"). She even uses the typical slow, pondering speech in the trailer, where she's something like "...sore wa....nani....?" I prefer much more her English energetic counterpart.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fel said:
@suruz: And let her experience this? It might seem natural now for us who watch anime, but she might be thrown off by it - besides, for me personally it's kind of annoying how Marica in the jap dub sounds like a stereotypial anime "meek" girl (though she's the meek type who does like adventures, not the "What's...that? Uh...oh.... Iiiiiii!"). She even uses the typical slow, pondering speech in the trailer, where she's something like "...sore wa....nani....?" I prefer much more her English energetic counterpart.

I preferred Marica in English too.. But she's about the only english voice I liked.
The main character spoke so quickly that I couldn't take anything he said seriously and just skipped his dialogue (when I was still playing in english).
And some of the acting/emotion was just plain terrible..

Anyway, a kid wouldn't care about that. So yeah to be honest, english voices are fine for someone of that age/people who just dont care

xD

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
suruz said:
Fel said:

I preferred Marica in English too.. But she's about the only english voice I liked.
The main character spoke so quickly that I couldn't take anything he said seriously and just skipped his dialogue (when I was still playing in english).
And some of the acting/emotion was just plain terrible..

Anyway, a kid wouldn't care about that. So yeah to be honest, english voices are fine for someone of that age/people who just dont care

xD

Yeah, I can imagine picking up a game around that age and hearing the voices thinking "!!!! It speaks! What a cool game (and hardware)!" and not really caring about what the dub was like unless it was abysmal, as I would have liked it because it talked. Like in Boktai, it was so awesome that you had the voiced intro and everytime the start screen appeared a girl and a boy said together "Boktai - the sun is in your hand!".
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning