Hacking Choosing Flash Cart

Beat_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I just found out that the 3in1 has a battery... (im a noob at this XD) Is it still worth to buy it? Whats the battery life time?

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Beat_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
5 years? Thats better than what I expected, thx for the reply.
Also... can I emulate NES with the 3in1 and the R4?

Beat_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh ok, I thought you needed the 3in1 for some reason :P
So... can't you recharge the battery on the 3in1? How does the battery work tho XD Am I wasting battery if it is on the DS?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So... can't you recharge the battery on the 3in1? How does the battery work tho XD Am I wasting battery if it is on the DS?

You can always open it and replace the battery.
The battery will die of old age normally, It doesn't matter what you do it will be probably be out of service in 5 years.

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

The battery in the 3in1 isn't rechargeable. It's a tabbed cr1220. The battery won't drain just because it's in the DS. The rechargeable ones drain the DS battery (like the ML1220 in a GBA Expansion pack) when the DS is on.

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So the battery won't drain if I dont use it, correct?

Like Sarkwalvein alluded to, all batteries will gradually discharge over time. How fast depends on the chemical make-up of the battery. This is indicated by the discharge rate in the spec.

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK, so im getting the carts from here http://dsflash.es/ezflash/45-expansion-ezflash-3-in-1-blanco.html and here http://www.funtronik.com/prestafun/product.php?id_product=196. Everything should work right? No incompatibilities with R4 Wood and 3in1, right? I should be able to play all dem good RPGs and stuff :P The battery should run for 3 years minimum I guess.

Yes this combo is fine. As far as the battery in the 3in1 is concerned, it may be depleted when it arrives as it's all old stock. Some places check the batteries before they ship, and change them if they are flat to avoid returns.
If you're using Wood to launch GBA games, then patch non-sram roms with GBATA.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What consoles can I emulate with the R4? I can't find any information about that XD

You should generally check around the forums first, especially stickies. Anyway, here you go. It hasn't been updated in a couple of years, but besides a couple of projects like GameYob, there really hasn't been much these past couple of years, anyway.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
What consoles can I emulate with the R4? I can't find any information about that XD
NES and GB\GBC
there are others like genesis IIRC, but i just tested the nes and gbc ones

i may know a store that sells dstwo, there was another user who bought a dstwo 1 or 2 weeks ago.. the price was the usual they cost

Beat_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
NES and GB\GBC
there are others like genesis IIRC, but i just tested the nes and gbc ones

i may know a store that sells dstwo, there was another user who bought a dstwo 1 or 2 weeks ago.. the price was the usual they cost

A DSTwo would be awesome XD Whats the store?

You should generally check around the forums first, especially stickies. Anyway, here you go. It hasn't been updated in a couple of years, but besides a couple of projects like GameYob, there really hasn't been much these past couple of years, anyway.

Thx

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/f8gq43e