GBARunner3?

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded both nightly builds and none of them do anything on my R4 DS card that has woodR4 on it. Is there any extra steps? I just wanted to test some games is all and if I can't get it to work, I may as well keep using GBARunner2 to play Apotris until this is finished completely.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded both nightly builds and none of them do anything on my R4 DS card that has woodR4 on it. Is there any extra steps? I just wanted to test some games is all and if I can't get it to work, I may as well keep using GBARunner2 to play Apotris until this is finished completely.
You'll need to install TWiLight Menu++, and then put "GBARunner3.nds" in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/emulators/", open "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/settings.ini", and add "GBARUNNER3_TEST = 1" underneath the "[SRLOADER]" line.
You'll also need to place the GBA BIOS in "sd:/_gba/", and name it "bios.bin", as well as putting the .json file and "config" folder into the "_gba" folder.

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to install TWiLight Menu++, and then put "GBARunner3.nds" in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/emulators/", open "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/settings.ini", and add "GBARUNNER3_TEST = 1" underneath the "[SRLOADER]" line.
You'll also need to place the GBA BIOS in "sd:/_gba/", and name it "bios.bin", as well as putting the .json file and "config" folder into the "_gba" folder.
Ah that's why it won't work on WoodR4 as it's built for TWiLight Menu++. Man I'm dumb. I'll try that when I can after I back everything up again. EDIT: It's all good now! Apotris worked perfectly and I will test out other games once I get more time down the line but I will still use WoodR4 to finish some other games first so I'll put this aside.

Last edited by Ziko,

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah that's why it won't work on WoodR4 as it's built for TWiLight Menu++. Man I'm dumb. I'll try that when I can after I back everything up again. EDIT: It's all good now! Apotris worked perfectly and I will test out other games once I get more time down the line but I will still use WoodR4 to finish some other games first so I'll put this aside.

From the Discord server:

1712301990408.png

TheGlutton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is the best place for feature requests? I would LOVE it if I could close my DSi and it would pause/sleep the game I am running. That would be a game changer XD

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reactions: TheGlutton

TheGlutton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That feature has been added to the GitHub repo as a feature enhancement, so it may be added eventually yeah.

https://github.com/Gericom/GBARunner3/issues/18
That is awesome! Being able to pickup and put-down play quickly and on the go is one of the best things about handhelds :D

I hope to become more helpful to this project (and a SNES Emulator) in the future when I am out of school. I really believe the DSi XL/LL is destined to become the best handheld emulator around. \m/ o \m/

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the Discord server:

View attachment 429897
Thanks! I got Apotris to run and it recognized my save file too. I also decided to move the gbr games into a separate /roms folder on the card so it won't get in the way of the main folder when I run some tests with other games.

EDIT: Hacks still don't work such as ones that add content and or are completely different games such as Castlevania Aria of Sorrow Reprise which turned the game into a roguelike.

Last edited by Ziko,

haoye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Of course, please provide the text that needs to be translated.
I hope the next version can add support for Chinese characters in GBARunner3 (Chinese characters won't display as garbled text) and Chinese translation.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course, please provide the text that needs to be translated.
I hope the next version can add support for Chinese characters in GBARunner3 (Chinese characters won't display as garbled text) and Chinese translation.
What do you mean? GBARunner3 doesn't have any menus implemented.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...