Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hell not i was the firt person to get cbhc i was fix94 tester and have it since day one, the reason people brick their consoles is bacause they want it to be free, it should be stated on any guide that cbhc cant be free, you have to pay for a ds original game on eshop.

99% of the bricks are dumb people that download a hacked ds title and then install cbhc on top off it.

Also i got it since day one and never had a single issue and i wouldn't trade it for anything.

you can brick any console if you dont follow the instructions correctly, dumb people shouldnt hack consoles if they dont know how to do it correctly in the first place.
Agreed, I've installed CBHC on 100's of WiiUs and never once a brick. Best thing to ever happen to WiiU❤

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can I do the hack with CFW Hachi Running? aka. 99.99.99 U?
Update:I have installed CBHC. I'm surprised my wiiu isn't dead.
lol the wiiu doesnt die if you use a legit ds VC game... or just decide to format your wiiu for a random reason without removing cbhc first.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Can I do the hack with CFW Hachi Running? aka.

lol the wiiu doesnt die if you use a legit ds VC game... or just decide to format your wiiu for a random reason without removing cbhc first.
I feel like I should clarify this: DO NOT FORMAT YOUR WII U WHILE CBHC IS INSTALLED. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR CONSOLE.
For a less risky coldboot, upgrade to Tiramisu. Please see https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/tiramisu/sd-preparation for information on upgrading to tiramisu.

angrynewraze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just installed this, and it's working fine, but just in case I want to uninstall it, how would I do that? The app says "DONT TOUCH ME," but does that mean I can't even boot it, or does it just mean not to uninstall it?
So I pressed the button to uninstall cbhc but the icon is still there and it still opens it's menu. Is it safe to wipe the system?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been ages since I've turned on my Wii U. I know I have CBHC installed and working, but don't know which version. Is Tiramisu the latest and greatest thing? Is there a thread that compares the two? Should I even bother uninstalling CBHC to install Tiramisu?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Is it safe to wipe the system?
As long as your console doesn't autoboot, yes. Turn the console off, turn it on again and you shouldn't autoboot. After this, you can safely remove the ds vc title via data management.

but don't know which version
Erm...correct me if i'm wrong, but the bootmenu shows you the version. Press the home button when you see the "Autobooting..." screen. And then you see the cbhc version and the title id in the upper left corner.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
So I pressed the button to uninstall cbhc but the icon is still there and it still opens it's menu. Is it safe to wipe the system?
CBHC is when the Wii U is modified to run the DS game you installed Haxchi on at boot instead of the system menu. (this is also why it's VERY dangerous to mess with the title when CBHC is installed)
Run the uninstaller again to be safe, then restart your Wii U. If you DON'T see a black screen with white text before the Wii U menu, you can uninstall whichever title you put Haxchi onto. If you DO see the black screen with white text, run the uninstaller again, rinse, repeat until you don't see Haxchi load on boot anymore.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Been ages since I've turned on my Wii U. I know I have CBHC installed and working, but don't know which version. Is Tiramisu the latest and greatest thing? Is there a thread that compares the two? Should I even bother uninstalling CBHC to install Tiramisu?
Yes, Tiramisu is better than CBHC!
For a short comparison:
Tiramisu DOESN'T put your Wii U's life at stake (y'know, you can safely wipe the console with tiramisu and not worry about a brick happening)
Tiramisu can load plugins when it boots (So you can use your DualShock 4s and Joy-Cons as Wii U controllers!)
Those are the two things that come up off the top of my head.
OH! You also don't need a DS VC game to install tiramisu, and it doesn't take up an icon in your Wii U menu either.
Now, before you run over to your Wii U and install tiramisu, PLEASE uninstall CBHC BEFORE installing Tiramisu, since they could conflict. And while I can't say for sure what'd happen in that case, I can say that while it probably wouldn't KILL your Wii U, it's make it harder to use.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
indeed, I use an xbox one controller on my system. the only controllers that don't work afaik are the series x and an updated xbox one controller, but you can downgrade the latter. I think they use new bluetooth protocols or something, which is why they don't work on the wii u. dual sense works, even updated, iirc. that's the best controller I've ever seen, but the battery life kinda sucks compared to use AA batteries, so I've settled on the xbox one controller mostly.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
indeed, I use an xbox one controller on my system. the only controllers that don't work afaik are the series x and an updated xbox one controller, but you can downgrade the latter. I think they use new bluetooth protocols or something, which is why they don't work on the wii u. dual sense works, even updated, iirc. that's the best controller I've ever seen, but the battery life kinda sucks compared to use AA batteries, so I've settled on the xbox one controller mostly.
I think Bloopair just needs an update to make the Series X and ups
jkbhsjkefh
I think Bloopair just needs an update to make the Series X and ups
HOW DO I REMOVE MY OWN TEXT FROM QUOTES FUCKING HELP

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
fuck it new reply sorry for that mess.
what I was trying to say is that I think Bloopair just needs to be updated to support the Xbox 1080 ("series X") and updated Xbox 720 ("xbox one") controllers.
Who knows, maybe it's like how Apple changed how their phones connect to bluetooth devices, forcing some people that make bluetooth things to change accordingly.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fuck it new reply sorry for that mess.
what I was trying to say is that I think Bloopair just needs to be updated to support the Xbox 1080 ("series X") and updated Xbox 720 ("xbox one") controllers.
Who knows, maybe it's like how Apple changed how their phones connect to bluetooth devices, forcing some people that make bluetooth things to change accordingly.
I'm not sure if it's possible or not. it may be either a wii u limitation or a limitation of wut, which is what bloopair is compiled using.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if it's possible or not. it may be either a wii u limitation or a limitation of wut, which is what bloopair is compiled using.
Might be wut, but I don't know. It's probably got to do with how the controllers pair, like how you gotta plug in your SixSense (PS3 controller) to pair it?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as your console doesn't autoboot, yes. Turn the console off, turn it on again and you shouldn't autoboot. After this, you can safely remove the ds vc title via data management.

Erm...correct me if i'm wrong, but the bootmenu shows you the version. Press the home button when you see the "Autobooting..." screen. And then you see the cbhc version and the title id in the upper left corner.
As I said... I haven't used my Wii U in years, so I seriously wouldn't know. I'll try though. but another reply already says tiramisu is better... so, moot point?

PLEASE uninstall CBHC BEFORE installing Tiramisu, since they could conflict.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I would, of course, uninstall first. I was trying to ask more specifically if it's worth ditching CBHC for Tiramisu. Sounds like that's a yes. Thanks!

Last edited by urherenow,

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
What means "better"? It is a safer method to use a cfw instead of cbhc which has a risk to brick your console. I mean, the bricks are user errors, but it is a risk. Everything you want to know about tiramisu, can be found here.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
What means "better"? It is a safer method to use a cfw instead of cbhc which has a risk to brick your console. I mean, the bricks are user errors, but it is a risk. Everything you want to know about tiramisu, can be found here.
It's for sure safer, though you probably already knew that.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Better", with regards to exploits/CFW/homebrew, simply means being as (or more) stable, but with more (or better) options/compatibility. In this case, I'm assuming I get all of the benefits of CBHC, plus the plugins. Considering all of the consoles and controllers I own, the ability to use them on my Wii U is a nice addition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo