FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is this method faster than quick menu + haxchi(mocha.elf) ?
if you use my internal sysnand cfw (just by booting into system menu) then it should be much, much quicker. for me personally after all the optimization I've done to it it only adds about 5 seconds to my normal coldboot with cbhc.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you use my internal sysnand cfw (just by booting into system menu) then it should be much, much quicker. for me personally after all the optimization I've done to it it only adds about 5 seconds to my normal coldboot with cbhc.
Thats impressive, let me read the instructions once again, maybe I can do this xD

EDIT:
If I choose not to autoboot anything, is this still gonna boot to SysMenu with all of the patches to play? or I have to pick something to autoboot?

What I'm asking is, am I able to just turn on the console and be there on the menu ready to play any game (like fake signature games) or do I have to set Haxchi Coldboot a specific file to launch during booting? HBL, fw.img, mocha?
Thanks.

Last edited by huma_dawii,

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thats impressive, let me read the instructions once again, maybe I can do this xD

EDIT:
If I choose not to autoboot anything, is this still gonna boot to SysMenu with all of the patches to play? or I have to pick something to autoboot?

What I'm asking is, am I able to just turn on the console and be there on the menu ready to play any game (like fake signature games) or do I have to set Haxchi Coldboot a specific file to launch during booting? HBL, fw.img, mocha?
Thanks.
if you dont set any autoboot option it'll just land in the little selection menu. you just want to select to autoboot "system menu" in this particular case.

Reactions: huma_dawii

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you dont set any autoboot option it'll just land in the little selection menu. you just want to select to autoboot "system menu" in this particular case.
So I set autoboot to Home Menu to test it and it works, but now when I boot the Haxchi app it autoboots HBL as well, how can I change what autoboots?

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good work fix, finally tested the update and everything's good. I do get the freeze with mocha after I exit to system menu though.

Orion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should be able to just install right over your older installation, I do it with haxchi and cbhc all the time.
So should I update haxchi and then CBHC? do I have to reboot in between installs like the first time? and do I have to re-run(run CBHC and let it modify my system.xml) CBHC or will it still be set in system.xml and I only have to run it and set my default boot option? Thanks in advance.

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good work fix, finally tested the update and everything's good. I do get the freeze with mocha after I exit to system menu though.
If you are refering to exiting to system menu from HBL Channel while in mocha and get a black screen,
Turning on syshax.xml on in mocha settings fixed that and now works flawlessly...

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So should I update haxchi and then CBHC? do I have to reboot in between installs like the first time? and do I have to re-run(run CBHC and let it modify my system.xml) CBHC or will it still be set in system.xml and I only have to run it and set my default boot option? Thanks in advance.
haxchi gets overwritten with CBHC so you just have to install that over again, the system.xml is only touched if the default title id in it is the system menu, it will leave it untouched if you install CBHC over the old installation again.

Reactions: Orion

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now, honest question, why would you use mocha for sysnand in CBHC at all? it takes twice the time to boot up and besides adding wupserver which is only useful as developer it does not add in anything extra, really its only useful for rednand if you already install CBHC...

Reactions: memomo

Orion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haxchi gets overwritten with CBHC so you just have to install that over again, the system.xml is only touched if the default title id in it is the system menu, it will leave it untouched if you install CBHC over the old installation again.
Thanks I kinda get what your saying, but I want to be sure so me and my wiiu make it through the next few minutes...

So, I don't have to install haxchi 2.3u1 first and make sure it works again?
I can just install CBHC or the old CBHC and be good. Is this correct?

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, I don't have to install haxchi 2.3u1 first and make sure it works again?
I can just install CBHC or the old CBHC and be good. Is this correct?
thats right, you made sure once the haxchi exploit works so you now know your system has no problem with it.

Reactions: Orion

Orion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, honest question, why would you use mocha for sysnand in CBHC at all? it takes twice the time to boot up and besides adding wupserver which is only useful as developer it does not add in anything extra, really its only useful for rednand if you already install CBHC...

So this update is aim toward Rednand user? if I'm not running rednand is there any real reason to update?
I thought mocha had more patches like the one that repatches after system settings. Also do we lost patches if we exit a wiiu game title or homebrew app and return to system menu?
Sorry for the 101 questions..

Last edited by Orion,

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So this update is aim toward Rednand user? if I'm not running rednand is there any real reason to update?
I thought mocha had more patches like the one that repatches after system menu. Also do we lost patches if we exit a wiiu game title or homebrew app and return to system menu?
Sorry for the 101 questions..
the change between 1.1 and 1.2 do add a useful backdoor which is for example used in ftpiiu-everywhere to get full system access, and it adds a direct option for the people who want to use mocha cfw which as I wrote really only makes sense with rednand. Now it DOES indeed repatch after a reload, the only way though to actually reload the system to that point is to go into the system settings and exit them, if you dont do that and just start games or homebrew or whatever the patches from CBHC will stay in memory so those repatches arent really needed unless you have to enter the system settings several 100 times a day which I highly doubt ;)

Reactions: Orion and Nikolay

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the change between 1.1 and 1.2 do add a useful backdoor which is for example used in ftpiiu-everywhere to get full system access, and it adds a direct option for the people who want to use mocha cfw which as I wrote really only makes sense with rednand. Now it DOES indeed repatch after a reload, the only way though to actually reload the system to that point is to go into the system settings and exit them, if you dont do that and just start games or homebrew or whatever the patches from CBHC will stay in memory so those repatches arent really needed unless you have to enter the system settings several 100 times a day which I highly doubt ;)
But hey! Better have it than not have it... xD

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But hey! Better have it than not have it... xD
well you do have to wait over a full minute though for your wiiu to actually boot/repatch after exiting system settings and I personally rather have a quick system boot and quick reboot it after changing my system settings :P

Reactions: zeldaism

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
This is really great and all but I hate seeing your name when I turn on my console so could you make a special version for just for me that says "DocAmes1980 Fucking Rules All" during autoboot? I'd do it myself but I can't because reasons.
What, the, hell is that question?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1