Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Superior air cooling solution:
DARK ROCK PRO 4
Noctua D14/D15.

For AM4 mobo:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/edit#gid=639584818
Just pick anything that fits your purpose. For me, I like that b450i from MSI, true 6 phase, 60A per phase. Also, relatively cheap and small.

Current popular opinion at r/AMD for the best x570 is Aorus Elite.
Here is a good video about x570s.

For GPU, buy 2070s or 2080s if you need RTX. Otherwise, buy 5700 (XT) if you want to save money (might not be true in some countries).

Also for Ryzen, try to get b die memory from Samsung.
https://benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/
If it is too expensive, try Micron E die:
https://www.newegg.com/global/jp-en/ballistix-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820164128
You can check if its an E die by checking if it has AES in the name (BLS2K16G4D32AESB is an E die).
Use Ryzen DRAM calculator for timing, I recommend ocing the memory to 3600 cl16 for E die memories, try cl 14 for Samsung B die. Set FCLK to 1800 for 1:1 timing.

CPU:
Only get 3800x over 3700x if you need that extra performance (not recommended), or just go to 3900x.
Dunno about Intel, but those security problems are annoying, not recommended.

I know I'm not your Mom, but try to save some money for next build. Splurging on PC hardware is not a good investment. The relation between performance and price is exponential, thus the performance increase is minimal at a higher price range (see 2070s vs 2080s 40% more expensive for 10% more performance?).

Nvidia 7nm GPUs are around the corner, I wouldn't buy 2080s over 2070s. Buy 2070s, sell it once Nvidia 7nm GPUs are out.

Also what resolution/frame rate are you playing at? 5700 is fine for 1080p144Hz.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would go AMD right now, 470 mobo over the 570 unless you can get one with out a fan on it... Mobo fans are almost impossible to replace and are not very reliable. GPU if you want ray tracing, go with a 2080 Ti, if you don't care about ray tracing pick what ever will play the games you want at the resolution your aiming for... 1080P is easy on almost anything these days so you can save a bit of cash there... 4K res you will need something pretty beefy if you want to run native res 4K game. (2060 Super or 5700 or better)

As for RAM I always recommend you get as much and as fast as you can afford, 32GB's of some nice DDR4 3200 is not that expensive and you will use it all the time :P (upgrading RAM down the road cab be a pain in the butt...) Also get 2 sticks not 4... 2 sticks will get you dual channel mode and be easier to hit the rated speed or faster if you OC it.

If you go AMD over Intel Ryzen 3 loves faster RAM, the sweet spot seems to be about DDR4 3600 (but that's a bit pricey).

Another thing to mention, if your going to buy all this good stuff, and I can't stress this enough... Do not cheap out on your PSU. The one you picked looks good, make sure to pick up a quality surge protector to plug it into :)

I envy you, fresh electronics is always nice!

Houjin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks to everybody for all the helpful tips and suggestions! I just ordered everything as shown in my previous link (unfortunately I ran out of money so I had to go with the 650W power supply) :)

Now I´m just waiting for all the parts to arrive :)

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...