Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
One question: Would it not be more advantageous if the NTR were integrated into the Luma that neither Gateshark is the gateway. I do not know why to this day no one did.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
One question: Would it not be more advantageous if the NTR were integrated into the Luma that neither Gateshark is the gateway. I do not know why to this day no one did.
Because NTR itself is closed source, and it would also probably require implementing not yet reversed system services.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Moondrag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to be sure, NTR CFW can't be used with 11.1 nativity right now correct? I use a emuNAND then I load NTR though a CIA so... (Been using it to play some out of region DLC and the FE Fates gay patch)

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be sure, NTR CFW can't be used with 11.1 nativity right now correct? I use a emuNAND then I load NTR though a CIA so... (Been using it to play some out of region DLC and the FE Fates gay patch)
by natively this means by using 11.1's NFirm. since Memory addresses are diffrent in 11.1's NFirm we need to use a Dev Luma build Or any CFW that loads a firmware.bin from 11.0 and Pretty much Boot 11.1 with the 11.0 Firm. Because however 11.1 Did update the Home Menu these sets of new memory addresses had to be addressed, and that is whats been addressed w/ this BootNTR build.

tl;dr: Thinsg in memory changed to where a Quick Fix was needed and we haveto boot 11.1 with 11.0's NFIRM

Hexsyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont think the developer of NTR is making a comeback anytime soon or ever right? :/

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to get a 11.0 firm through 3dnus? Can't find one anywhere.

I'm looking for this too.

PMs Sent.

dont think the developer of NTR is making a comeback anytime soon or ever right? :/
Fat Chance Cell9 Pretty much cried that one bad apple get bitchin and pestering to make NTR OpenSource and well now we're all in this mess because he couldnt tolerate one person and never learned of the "Ignore" Button.

Reactions: Joom and infinete

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you send me an pm about this to please?

im in 11.1 or what should i do?, i dont want to lose the saves
PM Sent, and what you need to do is if your using a Bootmanager, Add LumaDev to your boot listand boot from there, if you dont and your A9LH, Replace the Luma arm9loaderhax.bin on your SD with the build in the First post for A9LH, and for MenuHax, Same thing replace/rename the boot.3dsx that your using to load Luma normally with the one in the First post. if your loading an 11.1 Emunand via Outdated methods (like Mset) cant help ya there.

but besides Booting LumaDev, you need the correct firmware.bin for your Model in /luma/ and set the svc patch option in Config.

Moondrag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Um, I have a question: does Luma3DS run like Cakes does (In that I load the it from the Homebrew launcher after holding down on the dpad to go into into) and can I just use my emuNAND I was using with Cakes with no problem whatsoever? Same goes if I can use Out of region DLC with it.

Bohamad93

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
-Update Luma
-Put the frimware.bin ( needed because 11.1 )
-Put ntr.bin
-Install BootNTR.cia
-Y+X

Simple as that.

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, I have a question: does Luma3DS run like Cakes does (In that I load the it from the Homebrew launcher after holding down on the dpad to go into into) and can I just use my emuNAND I was using with Cakes with no problem whatsoever? Same goes if I can use Out of region DLC with it.

Luma can be coldbooted via MenuHax, A9LH, (loaded thru a Bootmanger for Menuhax/A9LH [A9LH Users and a Bootmanager haveto deal w/ teh minor annoyance of changing the luma payload path with the pathchanger. in this case.)
you;ll notice alot of things is streamlined in it than most CFW, but no you wont loose anything saves or games by switching. untill thers 11.1.0-34 NFIRM support unforantly you need Luma Dev + firmware.bin for 11.0 in SD:/luma/

Moondrag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, got it working though MenuHax...just one more thing though: How does the auto boot thing work? Do I just leave it off and when I load Luma3DS in the homebrew launcher, it will load the emuNAND automatically?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PM Sent, and what you need to do is if your using a Bootmanager, Add LumaDev to your boot listand boot from there, if you dont and your A9LH, Replace the Luma arm9loaderhax.bin on your SD with the build in the First post for A9LH, and for MenuHax, Same thing replace/rename the boot.3dsx that your using to load Luma normally with the one in the First post. if your loading an 11.1 Emunand via Outdated methods (like Mset) cant help ya there.

but besides Booting LumaDev, you need the correct firmware.bin for your Model in /luma/ and set the svc patch option in Config.
I use browser hax which works the same way as menuhax but also mset in as much as just change the .3dsx and .3ds and pop the firmware.bin in the /luma directory and install the new NTRboot.cia.

Also I dont have SVC enabled and it still boots NTR on Emunand just fine.

Sev501

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Does anyone of you get a crash after using it on a game?

Exiting the game causes the 3ds to do a dump.

N3ds A9lh + luma dev (latest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: