Hacking BootNTR 11.1 NFIRM Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sev501

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
pm any crashes w/ the files to @astronautlevel more we get crash logs more we can find out whats up.

Thanks will get to uploading once, I get home :)

You guys are great even though some of you are busy IRL and makes this as a hobby , the progress and community are awesome!

EDIT:

I think I have it figured now, it's with the debug feature of luma dev

I've set it to : Dev features : OFF

So now it crashes without restarting the 3ds, only get me the normal crash screen and sends me back to home menu.

EDIT2:

Do I need to set Patch SVC/Service/archive/ARM9 access to : ON or OFF?

Thanks!

Last edited by Sev501,

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks will get to uploading once, I get home :)

You guys are great even though some of you are busy IRL and makes this as a hobby , the progress and community are awesome!

EDIT:

I think I have it figured now, it's with the debug feature of luma dev

I've set it to : Dev features : OFF

So now it crashes without restarting the 3ds, only get me the normal crash screen and sends me back to home menu.

EDIT2:

Do I need to set Patch SVC/Service/archive/ARM9 access to : ON or OFF?

Thanks!
outta saftey i'd say leave it on.

Reactions: Sev501

p0g0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

i have a few questions to get BootNTR run on my N3DS which is updatet to 11.1 an has the A9LH with Luma. I use the guide of Plailect to set it up with A9LH and Luma.
I´m not sure if i understand everthing right. I need the BootNTR form the first post and the LumaDEV File for A9LH from the first post and replace the files with the one from my SD Card? I also need the latest LUMA3DS Dev which i have found on the internet and a firmware. Did i have to replace them as well on my SD Card and after that i can use the BootNTR just like before the update or did i have to do some other things to get it run.
Sorry for the noob questions but i want to do everthing right. Maybe somebody could explain to me in german by PN what i´ll have to do? Or is there a step-by-step tutorial?

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hi,

i have a few questions to get BootNTR run on my N3DS which is updatet to 11.1 an has the A9LH with Luma. I use the guide of Plailect to set it up with A9LH and Luma.
I´m not sure if i understand everthing right. I need the BootNTR form the first post and the LumaDEV File for A9LH from the first post and replace the files with the one from my SD Card? I also need the latest LUMA3DS Dev which i have found on the internet and a firmware. Did i have to replace them as well on my SD Card and after that i can use the BootNTR just like before the update or did i have to do some other things to get it run.
Sorry for the noob questions but i want to do everthing right. Maybe somebody could explain to me in german by PN what i´ll have to do? Or is there a step-by-step tutorial?
I'm waiting out the version for native firmware it will not need to perform all of these processes.

p0g0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok thanks. That would be the easiest way. Did somebody know how long it would take until the Version for native Firmware come out?

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I installed the latest dev build of Luma using StarUpdater, and set svc checks to be patched. I read here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/bootntr-11-0-native_firm-support-with-3d-banner.431471/
that you need to delete firmware.bin from the luma folder to get luma to use the latest. But people in here are saying you need the 11.0 firmware.bin in the luma folder. So which is it? All my BootNTR does is say "Unknown firm" then say it can't patch the SVC checks, then dump the home menu info it usually does when says "unknown home menu". I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited by Ailuros27,

falloutrose

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have updated luma 3ds with starupdater (luma version dev and installmode menuhax)

now i have luma v6.2.2
latest is v6.2.1 -f5039dca (why is my version highe4r ?)
updater version is 1.4.1

after that, i put the firmware.bin to the luma folder in the root, then i launch luma3ds and installed the latest bootntr.cia abd startet it

but it doesnt work for me...

my bootntr bin has version 3.2 and my 3ds is an eur old3ds xl
my emunand version is 11.1 EUR

edit: ok its works, but it needs many trys to start

Last edited by falloutrose,

Deathwing Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So I installed the latest dev build of Luma using StarUpdater, and set svc checks to be patched. I read here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/bootntr-11-0-native_firm-support-with-3d-banner.431471/
that you need to delete firmware.bin from the luma folder to get luma to use the latest. But people in here are saying you need the 11.0 firmware.bin in the luma folder. So which is it? All my BootNTR does is say "Unknown firm" then say it can't patch the SVC checks, then dump the home menu info it usually does when says "unknown home menu". I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

11.1 updated BOTH NATIVE_FIRM and HomeMenu, both of which BootNTR needs to be updated for. The BootNTR in the first post that @astronautlevel fixed was for the HomeMenu side of things. He said he's looking into NATIVE_FIRM 11.1 support but he's busy with school and such, he also said @Aurora Wright was looking into it, but I don't know how much progress (if any) she's made. You need the decrypted NATIVE_FIRM for 11.0 (firmware.bin) in the Luma folder, for now, if you want to use BootNTR, as well as the fixed BootNTR in the first post.

Short list for others that are confused on what's needed:
1. Luma3DS Dev Build/Corbenik/other "CFW" that can load alternate NATIVE_FIRM files
2. BootNTR from first post
3. 11.0 NATIVE_FIRM in /luma/ folder(there's lots of places to find this)

None of this is optional right now.

Gekkouga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have Luma3DS (N3DSXL, 6.2.2 dev) 11.1EU as an emunand (without al9h) and tried to get BootNTR to work.
I downloaded the 11.0 Nfirm and placed it on luma/firmware.bin. I used the astronautlevel 11.1 BootNTR.cia and installed it. As .bin i used the ntr.bin from NTR 3.4 Preview 2. Opening the BootNTR.cia results in showing it as version 2.4 and gives me an error. What did i do wrong?

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I replaced the files, put firmware.bin in luma folder, instaled the dev luma and the right ntr but I still got the message that the current firmware is not supported/ unknow homemenu..
I have an O3ds with luma and al9h

Last edited by QCLasky,

useless21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma can be coldbooted via MenuHax, A9LH, (loaded thru a Bootmanger for Menuhax/A9LH [A9LH Users and a Bootmanager haveto deal w/ teh minor annoyance of changing the luma payload path with the pathchanger. in this case.)
you;ll notice alot of things is streamlined in it than most CFW, but no you wont loose anything saves or games by switching. untill thers 11.1.0-34 NFIRM support unforantly you need Luma Dev + firmware.bin for 11.0 in SD:/luma/

Hi, I already messed up by installing without reading there was no NFRIM support so want to make sure I get the next bit right before I do anything.
you advised someone else to change names config and arm9loaderhax of normal luma and then bringing in dev luma files to replace these.

That is all* I need to do and nothing else? All my installed games, save files etc. will remain?
*Once in dev luma, I need to activate dev options - how would I do that?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks. That would be the easiest way. Did somebody know how long it would take until the Version for native Firmware come out?
I'm working on it, but real life is leaving me with little time right now. I have no promises for when it'll get done.

Deathwing Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Here's a step by step guide for people that don't want to read a single sentence for instructions:
1. get off of rxTools and install Luma3DS
2. Update Luma3DS to Dev version using file in first post or Luma/Star Updater.
2a. Place 11.0 NATIVE_FIRM (firmware.bin) in the Luma Folder.*
3. Hold Select when turning on the 3DS to get to the Luma3DS config menu
4. Enable Patch SVC/service/archive/ARM9 access by pressing the down arrow until it's highlighted in red and press A to enable it.
5. Press Start to save config and reboot
6. Install BootNTR from first post. **

* = We can't link you to this. If it still says unknown firm after following then you have the wrong firmware.bin or a bad one. Read the thread. People have said where to look.
** = It uses the original BootNTR method and not the faster one that Nanquitas' selector/loader uses. Make sure you are launching the correct one.
That's it. No, none of your games or saves or anything will be lost. I don't know why you would think that but since it was asked I answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm starting to sound like a Tck Gonna cut myself off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not 4th of July yet
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It is in India.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wow, only $700?
  • SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze:
    Hey :)
    If I book mark the topic where can I read them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with the profile icon highlighted at the top, and the "bookmarks" banner next to it in gray. Click on that icon and you'll get a list of your bookmarks.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Banners we don't need no stinking banners! Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [bans you for not taking a bath] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Who bans the banners?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I just did
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just did