Boot2vWii Channel?

Manuel06p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, Is possible to add an option to boot2vwii to start vwii in 480p resolution? With hbl2hbc was possible, but with aroma i can't use it. Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Reactions: Brawl345

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, Is possible to add an option to boot2vwii to start vwii in 480p resolution? With hbl2hbc was possible, but with aroma i can't use it. Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.
I actually worked on this a few days ago but haven't it gotten to work. I looked at the patch from the HBL2HBC mod but had trouble getting AVM stuff to work since no functions are exported from wut.... I'm not that good with C/C++ so... Maybe I will try it again. A seperate plugin that you can turn on and off should also be doable I think.

Reactions: Manuel06p

lappenhonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Is this thread still alive? I would be interested in Nintendont and Not64 boot2vwii forwarders with TV only.
What I understood is that you bypass any commands on the Wii U Gamepad and can load games from USB using the Wii U Pro Controller. At least I could exactly do that with HBLC2HBC und CBHC

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this thread still alive? I would be interested in Nintendont and Not64 boot2vwii forwarders with TV only.
What I understood is that you bypass any commands on the Wii U Gamepad and can load games from USB using the Wii U Pro Controller. At least I could exactly do that with HBLC2HBC und CBHC
for anyone to help, they'd need the title ids of both.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about not64, since there are no assets. check both.

Attachments

• Nintendont.zip
    67.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Not64.zip
    64.6 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: Windi

Sowden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it should be noted, and correct me on this if I'm wrong, that boot2vwii does not take advantage of sign_c2w_patcher. Which is to say, that it can't do any overclocking. Which is very important for Not64.

akadiddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some notes following my efforts to use Boot2vWii on a Windows PC. It took me a while to get this working, so I'm sharing my notes in the hope that it will make life easier for someone else.

Due to my n00b status I am unable to provide any links.

Windows 10 64-bit 21H2 OS used.

The devkitPro installer is required on Windows - devkitPro Updater v3.0.3 obtained via the devkitPro/installer repository on github (https://github.com/devkitPro/installer).

Running the installer -
- Welcome to devkitProUpdater Version 3.0.3 > Next
- Install or just download files? > choose preferred option > Next
- Keep downloaded files after indstall? > choose preferred option > Next
- Choose components > deselect all > Next
- Choose Install Location > defaults used > Next
- Choose Start menu Folder > defaults used > Install

Wait for the installation to finish -
- Installation Complete > Next > Finish

Launch MSys2 from the Start menu -
- Start > devkitPro > MSys2

At the command prompt, type the following to install wiiu-dev
Code:
pacman -S wiiu-dev

Press ENTER to install all wiiu-dev packages - this should include the wut and wut-tool dependencies.

Now clone the Boot2vWii repository. I've used C:\ as the location - entering the commands below will add Boot2vWii to the path C:\Boot2vWii -
Code:
cd c:
git clone https://github.com/WiiDatabase/Boot2vWii.git
cd Boot2vWii
make

NOTE - due to the restriction on my account the "git clone ****github****/Boot2vWii.git" will need to be manually replaced with the hyperlink for the Boot2vWii repository on github

Post edited as I now have permission to add hyperlinks

Job done.

Last edited by akadiddy,
Reactions: godreborn

lappenhonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So I testes both Forwarders (Nintendont and Not64) and they both work perfectly. Would be great if there would be a symbl for Not64. That would make it even more perfect.
Thank you very much for this
Post automatically merged:

So I installed devkitpro to try it out myslef. I did it excatly how akadiddy describe it.
Then I took the following command:
make TID=0x0001000157574e44 APP_NAME="Nintendont" APP_AUTHOR="FIX94" ICON="assets/nintendont.png" DISPLAY=TV but I get the error message "No targets specified and no makefile found".
What am I missing here?

So I figured it out a bit. I had to point to the right Boot2vwii folder.
I am trying now to create forwarders for fceugx and snes9xgx and Not64 with an icon.
Last question I have is how to get the right title id?

Last edited by lappenhonk,

akadiddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
....Last question I have is how to get the right title id?...

@lappenhonk
The title ID is the hexadecimal values of the four letters title ID used for the channel.

If you have the original wads that were used to install the channels on the vWii side, then the easiest method if you are using Windows is to use ShowMiiWads (I used version 1.5.2 by Leathl (mod by orwel & Brawl)). There is a .NET framework dependency.

Make sure that View is set to ShowMiiWads, then drag your forwarder .wad files to the ShowMiiWads window.
- Title ID is the letter ID that can be used to work out the TID in Boot2vWii
- Alternatively, the Path can be used to easily convert to Boot2vWii TID

Using Nintendont Forwarder - WWND vWii.wad as an example. The Title ID is displayed as WWND and Path as 00010001\57574e44.
- 00010001\57574e44 converts to TID=0x0001000157574e44

If you don't have the original wad files then you can dump the vWii NAND and use ShowMiiWads with View set to ShowMiiNand.

To dump the VWii Nand in a format that can be used by ShowMiiWads, the easiest method I have found is to use USB Loader GX (https://github.com/wiidev/usbloadergx).

USB Loader GX v3.0-r1281 is used in the following steps -
- Load USB Loader GX
- Edit the path for the NAND backup if required - Settings > Custom Paths > EmuNAND Save Path
- To dump the NAND - Settings > Features > Dump NAND to EmuNAND > Everything

Now in ShowMiiWads -
- Options > Change NAND Backup Path - select folder containing your NAND backup/dump.
- View > ShowMiiNand

Screenshot -
showmiiwads.png

Last edited by akadiddy,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I testes both Forwarders (Nintendont and Not64) and they both work perfectly. Would be great if there would be a symbl for Not64. That would make it even more perfect.
Thank you very much for this

So I installed devkitpro to try it out myslef. I did it excatly how akadiddy describe it.
Then I took the following command:
make TID=0x0001000157574e44 APP_NAME="Nintendont" APP_AUTHOR="FIX94" ICON="assets/nintendont.png" DISPLAY=TV but I get the error message "No targets specified and no makefile found".
What am I missing here?

So I figured it out a bit. I had to point to the right Boot2vwii folder.
I am trying now to create forwarders for fceugx and snes9xgx and Not64 with an icon.
Last question I have is how to get the right title id?
yeah, I didn't have any assets for not64. you'd need to provide an icon, which iirc is 128x128. it may resize the image, but I'm not sure. as for your command, you need to be in the folder for boot2vwii. I assume that's why it's not finding a make file.

lappenhonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Got it working butnstill struggeling with the title IDs as I don‘t have the original wad forworders anymore. But it would also work with the 4 letter title ids? So I just have to convert them as hex value?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it working butnstill struggeling with the title IDs as I don‘t have the original wad forworders anymore. But it would also work with the 4 letter title ids? So I just have to convert them as hex value?
yes, just drop the four digit title id into a hex editor text section to get the title id in hex.

lappenhonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I just did it for USB Loader GX. The Title ID in text is "UNEO" so it gives me as hex ouput "554E454F".
But the ID I would have to use is "0x00010001554e454f". So only the last pat is correct. ButI don't have the beginning.
Here are the Forwarders with Title IDs I want to convert. I alsready created assets for those.
Could you please name me the TID I have to use?
UNEO=USB Loader GX
DWFA=WiiFlow Lite
WWND=Nintendont
SFNO=Not64
VBGX=Visual Boy Advance GX
9XGX=Snes9x GX
FCEU=FCE Ultra GX

akadiddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
AdamCatalyst has compiled some assets that can be used - see https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-to-vwii-forwarder-channels-ac.618060/

I have attached some potential N64 images - they are not the sharpest.

...So only the last pat is correct. ButI don't have the beginning. Here are the Forwarders with Title IDs I want to convert...

The first part should be the same (0x00010001) - just change/add the last 8 characters.

Nintendont (WWND) - TID=0x0001000157574e44
USB Loader GX (UNEO) - TID=0x00010001554e454f

Attachments

• Not64_assets.zip
    705.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by akadiddy,
Reactions: godreborn

lappenhonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Dear all, thanks a lot for your helpand hints.
Got all my channels working now. They will get you directly to the vWii and close the Gamepad. The Wii U Pro Controller works.
Feel free to use. They are working with the following vWii Channels:
UNEO=USB Loader GX
DWFA=WiiFlow Lite
WWND=Nintendont
SFNO=Not64
9XGX=Snes9x GX
FCEU=FCE Ultra GX

Attachments

• Boot2vwii Channels.zip
    499.1 KB · Views: 56

Elru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Dear all, thanks a lot for your helpand hints.
Got all my channels working now. They will get you directly to the vWii and close the Gamepad. The Wii U Pro Controller works.
Feel free to use. They are working with the following vWii Channels:
UNEO=USB Loader GX
DWFA=WiiFlow Lite
WWND=Nintendont
SFNO=Not64
9XGX=Snes9x GX
FCEU=FCE Ultra GX

They work perfect, thank you very much, it's what I was looking for

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat