GameCube games cause black screen after upgrading to tiramisu

Dirkat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've been using coldboot cbhc forever. today i upgraded to tiramisu and everything works the same EXCEPT my gamecube games won't run anymore. all of them are injections and i am launching them from the wiiu menu. they show the Wii logo and then a black screen forever. the wiiu cannot be turned off during this, it must be unplugged from power.

also, nintendont doesn't show as an app in the vwii or wiiu homebrew menu even though i put all of the files, so i can't use that as an alternative way to play gc games.

if i can't get them to work i'll have to go back to cbhc

EDIT: occasionally it also gets stuck on "Initializing virtual 59-block memory card..." which I could probably fix if I could actually get to the Nintendont settings

EDIT2: i deleted everything on the SD card and put a clean copy of tiramisu, bloopair, and nintendont on it only. now i'm stuck at the nintendont error "ninconfig.bin not found." apparently this is created when you first run a game through nintendont using the nintendont menu. i still don't have the nintendont menu. it is not in my homebrew apps. only bloopair is in the homebrew channel.

EDIT3: i stole "nincfg.bin" from my SD card backup, and now I'm back to being stuck at "initializing virtual 59-block memory card..."

EDIT4: tried moving nintendont to wiiu/apps instead of /apps and now it says boot.dol not found. this did not make it appear in THC

EDIT5: tried to install a WAD manager to install IOS58, but the wad manager does NOT appear in THC

Last edited by Dirkat,

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually don't remember if I have nintendont on the mii maker (hbl). I always use forwarder on tiramisu. Apart from updating the most recent version of nintendont I don't have any good suggestion. All of my GC iso are injected so I don't even need nintendon't.

Why not just post your issues on the actual thread up top?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/

Reactions: jeannotte

Dirkat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys! thanks for answering. i took a break from this for a few days but i am happy to report that i solved it

i reinstalled nintendont from uwuvci and for some reason that version of it is functional and allows my old gamecube injects to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0