Error 199-9999 and more.

Kazmar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy all, recently my Wii U stopped launching the homebrew launcher, as well as other apps. What I've gathered is that CBHC stopped working for no obvious reason, and if it it is obvious I am rather sleepy and I apologize. I noticed that when I updated my Wii U to 5.5.6, the version changed from 99.99.99 to 5.5.6. Perhaps that was wrong of me? Most threads seem to lead to dead ends or at least I didn't understand them, so I'm here asking for help. My intention is to replace CBHC with Tiramisu, and I didn't do this earlier because I really had no need to; CBHC did everything I needed, and in the past when I've tried to improve situations that were already perfect nothing good came out of it, so I left it alone. I'm tryna uninstall CBHC, however I need access to the Homebrew channel for that. I figured the best entrypoint is via the web browser, yes? Well, I haven't done that since like 2017 and I was young and stupid back then, and potentially still am, and I'm not really sure how to launch the Homebrew Channel though that. It spits errors like "FSOpenFile failed" even if I have the payload.elf in the wiiu folder and such. I understand the solution is probably simple, however I need to play titles like Epic Dumpster Bear, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze, and I figure I'd ask here instead of potentially bricking my Wii U because CBHC terrifies me.

In short, how do I launch the Homebrew Channel from the web browser?

I will likely go to bed shortly, so if you respond I am not ignoring you, but I'm just tired.
Thanks, all.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It sounds like you uninstalled CBHC already. To confirm: Does your Wii U still say "Autobooting..." when you start it up?

//EDIT: Googled a bit and there are reports that updating to 5.5.6 uninstalls CBHC. Looks like this happened here, too. So in case your Wii U doesn't say "Autobooting..." go ahead and install Tiramisu: https://wiiu.hacks.guide :)

//EDIT²: In case CBHC is really uninstalled you can safely remove the "DO NOT TOCH" app from Datamanagement. It isn't required to install Tiramisu but removes the last leftovers from CBHC. Do not do this in case your Wii U still says "Autobooting..." through!

Last edited by V10lator,

Kazmar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does not say autobooting anymore, you're right. I'll go ahead and install Tiramasu then - but why would updating just uninstall it? Well, I guess it doesn't matter terribly, but I figured past me would've done more research before updating. Thanks for your help.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really don't know but if I would have to take a guess: The update overwrote the .xml file which tells the Wii U what title to boot (this file isn't signed, so all coldboot CFWs just edit this file). So the Wii U boots into the home menu instead of CBHC. This is no real uninstalling, CBHX is still there, it just doesn't boot anymore (and that's what I meaned with you can safely delete the "DO NOT TOCH!" app now: That's the app CBHC is injected into and what the Wii U previously booted to. After deleting that app CBHC will be completely removed/uninstalled).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does not say autobooting anymore, you're right. I'll go ahead and install Tiramasu then - but why would updating just uninstall it? Well, I guess it doesn't matter terribly, but I figured past me would've done more research before updating. Thanks for your help.
It's the system. xml that's modified. It's in the config folder on root of slc. Cbhx basically renames the file to syshax, and clones the original file and changes the title id iirc.

Lunchbox777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP did you ever resolve your issues I’m in the exact same boat as you. Was it safe to remove “do not touch me” health and safety app and install tiramisu?

Kazmar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP did you ever resolve your issues I’m in the exact same boat as you. Was it safe to remove “do not touch me” health and safety app and install tiramisu?
Yup, I did exactly as V10lator said. I removed DONT TOUCH ME and then installed Tiramasu. My Wii U was effectively unhacked is my understanding, but only because it didn't say "Autobooting...". If yours also doesn't, then I recommend installing Tiramasu as normal.

Lunchbox777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much yea what Happened to you exactly happend to me I deleted the “do not touch me” app safely after I realized my WiiU was booting the OEM way instead of with CFW thanks a lot!

Reactions: Kazmar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrAllagrande @ MrAllagrande: this chat is public?