How to install Boot2vWii (as a noob)? Wanting to boot into the Wii Menu in 480p.

moch123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys! As the title suggests, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to modding my Wii U and I'm getting an mClassic in the mail soon, so I'd like to be able to launch into the vWii menu in 480p without having to manually change the resolution every time. I heard that Boot2vWii allows me to do this, but after reading the Github page and some threads on this site I've realized I have no clue where to start. I've seen some "precompiled" versions floating around, but I have no idea how to install them. I appreciate any help y'all can provide!

nothing-to-see-here

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iirc, boo2vwii is for aroma, so make sure you install that. using a precompiled version would just entail putting the wuhb in /wiiu/apps on the root of the sd card. I'm on my phone for the rest of the night, so I can't explain compiling it yourself. It's about as easy a compile as possible as it's only like one file in the source code.

moch123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Iirc, boo2vwii is for aroma, so make sure you install that. using a precompiled version would just entail putting the wuhb in /wiiu/apps on the root of the sd card. I'm on my phone for the rest of the night, so I can't explain compiling it yourself. It's about as easy a compile as possible as it's only like one file in the source code.
Ohh I see! Best case scenario I would love to be able to compile it myself to enter into the vWii menu (in 480p), but the only ones I've found are for specific channels (HBC, USBLoaderGX, etc.) I'll have to keep looking, thanks though!

nothing-to-see-here

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohh I see! Best case scenario I would love to be able to compile it myself to enter into the vWii menu (in 480p), but the only ones I've found are for specific channels (HBC, USBLoaderGX, etc.) I'll have to keep looking, thanks though!
Look up installing devkitPro. I think updating with pacman -Syu then pacman -S wiiu-dev will get you all you need. Think it uses wut tools, which is part of wiiu-dev. Then, just follow the instructions on github.

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all, can someone tell me where the edits need to be? i'm guessing it's the dollar sign. thanks.

ifdef TID
CFLAGS += -DTID=$(TID)
endif

ifdef DISPLAY
CFLAGS += -DDISPLAY=$(DISPLAY)
endif

ifdef FORCERES
CFLAGS += -DFORCERES=$(FORCERES)

edit, my mistake, the options must actually be typed after the word make, in the command line, as outlined by the github

Last edited by grandosegood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: E