Blockbuster Is Going Bankrupt.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh man, I liked walking into block buster and getting their bags of popcorn.
I can't find anywhere else that does a good bag of salted popcorn, and £2 for 2 bags at that.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Mantis41 said:
Another victim of piracy.

Now.... Why does Karate Kid keep saying can't render file........ Hmmmm.....

I doubt it's a piracy issue. Everyone wants to blame shit on piracy.

Anyway, There are rental sites like Netflix and kiosks like Red Box that are taking Blockbuster's revenue. And now that both are offering Blu Ray, while my local Blockbuster does not, that's just the final nail in the coffin.

Also the fact that they have a program similar to gamefly that simply doesn't work with a brick-and-mortar store. For a set monthly fee, you can rent games and keep them as long as you want. This pretty much shafts the people who want to rent one game at a time because all the games are fucking taken. I wanted to rent Dragon Age Origins and the guy at the counter said "good luck on that. We probably won't be getting another copy in for at least a month" Yeah, fuck you too Blockbuster. That's why I went to Gamefly.

1Player

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blockbuster killed themself
2 movies at blockbuster cost $10
for that price you can have a whole month of unlimited rental/streaming from netflix
and 10 movies from redbox..

even old movies cost alot..bring the fu*kin price down..
I will rent from blockbuster if they lower the price to $2 new release and $1 for old movies..

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No wonder they are folding up.
It's been like ages since I've used my blockbuster card in a video store.
Last I've been there, it was when they sent me discount coupons bout three-four years ago, as it made more sense to rend a movie for $ 2 instead of $5.
But then I got disappointed by the limited choice, and usually the movie I really wanted was out anyway, not to mention the sucky video games department......only the dirties Wii showel ware to be found.

I must admit, movies it's the only thing I don't pirate these days.
With Netflix, I pay about $9 a month and I get to watch (on my PC or in the living room with the Wii ) instantly thousands of movies and TV shows.
If a movie isn't available for instant streaming I put the DVD in my DVD queue, and soon or later it'll arrive in the post.
I used to have 3 movies out at the time plan, but honestly , between the instant streaming content, the quality of the Wii netflix player and my long working hours, I had to reduce my plan to one DVD out and unlimited streaming.
Still, I got so much more on my queue that I really manage to watch ( even if I took a six month vacation I couldn't be done with it ) that makes me wonder when will anybody start a business like that for video games ( i'm aware of gamefly but we are not quite there yet ), so that piracy would be really gone for good.

Really, because of reasonable prices of Netflix and such, I DON"T PIRATE DVDs.
I wish I could say the same for video games.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The nearest blockbuster is 3 towns away and has been that way for 2 years I'm surprised to hear that there any left actually.

D

Deleted_171835

frown.gif

I'm going to miss Blockbuster. I have a Blockbuster 5 minutes away from me. I used to go there all the time to get my game discs repaired. It cost $2.99. It was also the only store that had a wide selection of movies in my area.

They also sold Mario candy.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Block Buster should have died when they started stocking cutting back on SNES and N64 games a number of years ago.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmmm I might go into Blockbusters when its closing down to get me some cheap games...

I won't miss it. Its been about ten years since I've been to one and there's some many better alternatives. I'm looking at you lovefilm.

N4RU70 FR34K

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
Another victim of piracy.

Now.... Why does Karate Kid keep saying can't render file........ Hmmmm.....
LOL soon Nintendo and Sony will close too
rofl.gif

QUOTE(Midna @ Aug 27 2010, 03:12 PM) Ooh, I hope my Blockbuster goes out of business. Then i can buy some used games on clearance.
Mine closed last year and I got a whole bunch of games LOL

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have this thing called a RedBox........... makes a whole lot more sense than blockbuster! Rent a DVD for a $1, or a blu ray for $1.50! Its only a matter of time before they factor games in!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zant said:
We have this thing called a RedBox........... makes a whole lot more sense than blockbuster! Rent a DVD for a $1, or a blu ray for $1.50! Its only a matter of time before they factor games in!

Yeah, RedBoxes are like in every Stop N' Shop. My dad rents DVDs from there and just rips them. I guess it's easier than downloading DVD replicas online.

N4RU70 FR34K

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
zant said:

Yeah, RedBoxes are like in every Stop N' Shop. My dad rents DVDs from there and just rips them. I guess it's easier than downloading DVD replicas online.
Don't they use credit cards to rent the DVD
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo