• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

nini_wii

Trophies
XP
Country
Spongeroberto said:
don't worry, it's entirely possible that you don't even have a 'copy_to_usb' folder. Just continue with your SD card.

Sorry to sound thick (actually I am IT illiterate!)

I simply cannot find the files anywhere on my PC or Memory card which is inserted

Been through the process 8-9 times now

Nothing on Desktop. Nothing in C Drive.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.6.1 Released!

by XFlak[/color]]XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download French ModMii Installer Here

French version not updated yet, still at v4.5.7

Download Italian ModMii Installer Here

See first post for more info.

4.6.1 Changelog
  • Fixed bug where under specific circumstances non-d2x cIOSs were
    sometimes signed with d2x-beta details.
  • Warning: May result in tears of joy.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@oggzee,
As u can see from the update above, I got the problem solved, thx for finding it so quickly! Find all the bugs u can within the next week, cuz when I go overseas to get married, I'm not gonna be very active on these forums!
QUOTE said:
Sorry to sound thick (actually I am IT illiterate!)

I simply cannot find the files anywhere on my PC or Memory card which is inserted

Been through the process 8-9 times now

Nothing on Desktop. Nothing in C Drive.
When you're on this page:
2qda70j.jpg

type "O" without quotes and it will open the folder that you downloaded files to, which in your case is "copy_to_sd". If you installed ModMii using local set ups (ie. to your C drive) you should find the default copy_to_sd folder here: C:\ModMii\COPY_TO_SD

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
XFlak said:
@oggzee,
As u can see from the update above, I got the problem solved, thx for finding it so quickly! Find all the bugs u can within the next week, cuz when I go overseas to get married, I'm not gonna be very active on these forums!
I can confirm it works fine now even with d2x-beta folder present, thanks for fixing so quickly
wink.gif

Congrats on the marriage!
grog.gif

(Be prepared to start suffering soon)
biggrin.gif

klown07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow. What an amazing program you made. I had to buy a wode for my brother's wii because he updated it or messed it up somehow after a softmod. But, there were still things I wanted to fix that weren't quite right. So I had to start from scratch. I used a tutorial that modified his 4.2u into a patched 4.1u. The homebrew channel wasn't the right ios, and priiloader would not let me get in to system hacks. And he could no longer play games off his hard drive. Your program fixed everything, updated him to 4.3u, and hooked the wii up with a spiffy red system menu! Thank you very much for your program. Its awesome. You're awesome. I appreciate this.

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
Is there anything special about the channels ModMii presents you? If you already have the shopping channel, for example, is there any reason to get the version from Modmii?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
klown07 said:
Wow. What an amazing program you made. I had to buy a wode for my brother's wii because he updated it or messed it up somehow after a softmod. But, there were still things I wanted to fix that weren't quite right. So I had to start from scratch. I used a tutorial that modified his 4.2u into a patched 4.1u. The homebrew channel wasn't the right ios, and priiloader would not let me get in to system hacks. And he could no longer play games off his hard drive. Your program fixed everything, updated him to 4.3u, and hooked the wii up with a spiffy red system menu! Thank you very much for your program. Its awesome. You're awesome. I appreciate this.I'm really glad you had a positive ModMii experience, thanks for sharing it with us!
Spongeroberto said:
Is there anything special about the channels ModMii presents you? If you already have the shopping channel, for example, is there any reason to get the version from Modmii?Nope, nothing special, but they're the most up to date versions of those channels. For example, if u have an older version of the shopping channel or an older version of IOS56 installed on the Wii, it will prompt u to update before being able to actually use the shopping channel. But most of us with softmods have updates blocked, so without manually updating the shopping channel to the latest version u won't be able to use it, and that's why it's helpful to many people.QUOTE(YetoJesse @ Jun 23 2011, 02:19 PM)
I have about 4 words...
Linux and potential bans?
I have 3 letters for you... wtf?

Seriously, is that supposed to be a question? ModMii runs on Windows, if u want to run it on linux u need to use vmware or something similar to get it to work. It's not well documented so if u get it working plz share your methodology with the rest of us. And potential bans...??? I'm assuming your asking if u can get banned from online gaming if u softmod your Wii, the answer is... only if you use cheats. So don't use cheats, and you're softmodded Wii can go online as much as you please.

temp4746

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Thanks for this application, it was extremly helpful for updating my Wii's softmod.
yaywii.gif

Just a few things I want to note:
  • When you use the ModMii Wizard it creates a mmmconfig.txt settings MMM to auto load to ios236, but when downloading mmm through the apps page (2) it doesn't create this file, and if you don't have this file MMM will load ios249 as per it's default.
  • The following files are also not deleted when you use File Cleanup: ModMiiGuide.txt, mmmconfig.txt, the private folder (Wii channel and saves storage on the SD) even when it's empty after cleanup(That doesn't matter much as it's likely to be recreated), and the apps folder even if it is empty after cleanup.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
temp4746 said:
Thanks for this application, it was extremly helpful for updating my Wii's softmod.
yaywii.gif

Just a few things I want to note:
  • When you use the ModMii Wizard it creates a mmmconfig.txt settings MMM to auto load to ios236, but when downloading mmm through the apps page (2) it doesn't create this file, and if you don't have this file MMM will load ios249 as per it's default.
    That's like that on purpose. If you manually download MMM, u can optionally use ModMii to construct a custom mmmconfig.txt ("C" from main menu)
  • The following files are also not deleted when you use File Cleanup: ModMiiGuide.txt, mmmconfig.txt, the private folder (Wii channel and saves storage on the SD) even when it's empty after cleanup(That doesn't matter much as it's likely to be recreated), and the apps folder even if it is empty after cleanup.
empty folders are not a concern to me, the main purpose of file cleanup is to remove potentially dangerous apps or files. It's not unheard of for people who don't know what they're doing to launch a wad manager and uninstall all the wads saved in the wad folder, which can lead to bricks. But if there isn't a wad manager or wads on the sd card, it makes it a lot harder to accidentally do that. Also, I recommend people save their ModMii guides indefinitely. That way it will be a piece of cake for you to reference what softmods were done to it even if you don't touch the unit in years.

@jeezus,
That's odd, are u using a proxy? If so, check out the post I made releasing ModMii v4.6.0 a couple pages back for Wiimm's proxy instructions. Also, try performign windows updates.

Anyways, u can manually download ModMii from here: http://modmii.googlecode.com/files/ModMii4.6.1.zip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: These videos are soooo dry