• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

ozviewer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you XFlak and the forum, whether it be those that replied to my assistance requests, or those many other posts I read in this thread, to help me get the job done.

I have done the voting exercise at the top of the tutorial.

Again, thank you to everyone, and to XFlak....my humble thanks...you are THE MAN

This is the place I'll be sending anyone that asks me something about Wii.

THANKS

Hendricks266

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hendricks266.duke4.net
XP
Country
United States
This is a great program! Thanks so much!

QUOTE said:
Base IOSs supported by cIOS d2x:
- IOS36 v3607 *
- IOS60 V6174 *
- IOS61 V5661 *
- IOS70 V6687 *
- IOS80 V6943 *

Note:
The bases above marked with '*' are not currently supported by the 2 install methods, i.e. ModMii and the homebrew installer.
Will support for these five bases be added?

If screen space is an issue, you could use this suggestion: Instead of having d2x options in duplicate, for example '249d2x38' and '250d2x38', how about simply having 'd2x38', then typing the slot number at the next screen, with 249 and 250 as suggested defaults?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if there's anything exceptional about those bases then I'd add it, but truly I think I got all the best bases covered, base56 for almost everything, base 57 for a handful of games that 56 doesn't work for, 38 for old apps that are used to base38, 53/55 for nand emulation when other bases don't work, and 58 cuz it's unique and sometimes works with HDDs that other bases don't recognize

all the bases u list don't offer anything exceptional relative to the other bases, so I figure why bother. That being said, if someone ever points out a good reason to use one of the other bases, I'll add support for it

glad u like modmii!

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, I can't see any special reason to support those bases for the final user.
However they're currently supported by d2x v6, but now for d2x v7 I'm patching the interrupt vector in order to improve the ehci module and I can't test the patch for those bases since they are not supported by any install method.
So should I abandon the support for those bases just because they can not be installed?
Or should I keep on supporting them without having any chance to test them?

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fhaor said:
it didn't work for me u.u (4.2 LU74) thanks anyway = /
You've likely missed something since ModMii works for every Wii out there.
I suggest you to give us further information if you want our help.

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
davebaol said:
Well, I can't see any special reason to support those bases for the final user.
However they're currently supported by d2x v6, but now for d2x v7 I'm patching the interrupt vector in order to improve the ehci module and I can't test the patch for those bases since they are not supported by any install method.
So should I abandon the support for those bases just because they can not be installed?
Or should I keep on supporting them without having any chance to test them?
Sure these base aren't useful but actually, you can test them with d2x installer
happy.gif

You will just need to map these cIOS and add modules.
Btw, i think it's a waste of time...

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
if there's anything exceptional about those bases then I'd add it, but truly I think I got all the best bases covered, base56 for almost everything, base 57 for a handful of games that 56 doesn't work for, 38 for old apps that are used to base38, 53/55 for nand emulation when other bases don't work, and 58 cuz it's unique and sometimes works with HDDs that other bases don't recognize

all the bases u list don't offer anything exceptional relative to the other bases, so I figure why bother. That being said, if someone ever points out a good reason to use one of the other bases, I'll add support for it

glad u like modmii!
It's also needed for games that use IOS58. "Your Shape" is the only one I know of.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@JoostinOnline
IOS58 is supported already except for ios reload block that refuses to work, see the known issues list in d2x topic.
Other games using IOS58 are "My Fitness Coach: Club" and "Racket Sports Party" but they work with base 56/57 too if you don't use the webcam.

@NutNut
Ok thanks.
I'll try to map those bases in the next days and let you know.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
NutNut said:
davebaol said:
@NutNut
Ok thanks.
I'll try to map those bases in the next days and let you know.
Dragbe explain how to map a cIOS in this thread (in french sorry) http://www.wii-addict.fr/forum/index.php?showtopic=24632 it's quite easy but if you need help you can Pm me on gbatemp
happy.gif
You sure u want to bother supporting those other bases? Both NutNut and I think it's pointless, but if you want to pursue it you will have my support and I'll eventually add the new bases to ModMii (and I bet NutNut/dragbe feel the same way). But I just think you're time would be better spent on things people will actually use... and I wonder how much more effort future updates will take you if you need to make sure everything works on the "pointless" base IOSs. I just think it's a waste of your time, but its your call.

3zero2

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
I have a virgin 4.3E that I want to mod. The guide mentions Super Smash Bros Brawl and other games. My guess is that these games need to be original right?

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
3zero2 said:
I have a virgin 4.3E that I want to mod. The guide mentions Super Smash Bros Brawl and other games. My guess is that these games need to be original right?
Yes, indeed, if you have a virgin 4.3E you need the original game to be able to softmod.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
pplucky said:
3zero2 said:
Yes, indeed, if you have a virgin 4.3E you need the original game to be able to softmod.
The only exception is if you have a modchip that allows you to play backups, otherwise an original copy of the game is required

josj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I get a virus warning for the modmii installer, but I guess it is safe to ignore it? I had to disable nod32 to be able to download it.

antivirus.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aRVjiaM88Y