Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AshuraZro said:
Save your money and get a proper card. Might not be want you want to hear, but trust me. You will be much happier doing that and it will likely save you money in the long run.

Picked up my 8800GT when it came out and only game that's made it visibly struggle is naturally Crysis (that I've ran).

So your saying the 9600GT isn't a proper card :/

If you are meaning a more than £100 card then no way considering i won't play pc games very often.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Prime said:
AshuraZro said:
Save your money and get a proper card. Might not be want you want to hear, but trust me. You will be much happier doing that and it will likely save you money in the long run.

Picked up my 8800GT when it came out and only game that's made it visibly struggle is naturally Crysis (that I've ran).

So your saying the 9600GT isn't a proper card :/

If you are meaning a more than £100 card then no way considering i won't play pc games very often.

Also getting a "proper" card is pointless for him because he'll be playing at 1440x900. 1680x1050 and 1920x1200 are resolutions which require "proper" cards. Getting an 8800GT would probably be overkill.

I should point out that 9600GT's start at around £75 whereas you can get the 9800GT for £90.
I gues it'll just become a case of "for just a little more you can..." and we'll end up with some twit suggesting a HD4870 X2
tongue.gif

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
the 8800 and the 9600 are essentially the same card
No, the 8800GTS:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_8_Series#8800_GTS
Has at best an G92 core (but G80 is also possible) whereas the 9600GT has a G94. Granted though I haven't checked the performance of both against eachother (only the 8800GTS 320 versus the 9600GT 1 Gb of which the latter should be slower then its 512Mb counterpart, at which point the 9600GT still wins) or know the advances between those two. You'd have to put ur card and 'his' 9600GT against eachother though to give any proper comparison (especially if either of them OC well). Pretty much the only card in the 9 series that isn't a rebranded 8 series IS the 9600GT
tongue.gif

Now if he would be building a full gaming system I can understand the suggestions to spend a lot (more). But frankly I don't think that is what he wants, setting a budget of 50 pounds (70 - 80 euros?). In that price range the best you will get IS a 9600GT IMHO (staying in the Nvidia camp anyway) if you can find one around that price.

Personally I am building a gaming system (I bought an e4500 I OCed it to 3GHz now with a 1500MHz FSB @ 1,33V
tongue.gif
, staying at 50 degrees using orthos) but simply waiting it out right now video card wise, seeing what to get after the holidays as normally there are some pricedrops then in the higher segments. That also because of the new procedes for the new nvidia cards coming around then (55nm versus 65nm now). Sticking with my 7900GT until then
smile.gif

QUOTEI gues it'll just become a case of "for just a little more you can..." and we'll end up with some twit suggesting a HD4870 X2
+1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii