Best flashcart(s) as of 2010?

Which do you think are the best flashcart or flashcarts as of 2010?

• Acekard 2i

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • CycloDS Evolution

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • DSTTi

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • EZ-Flash Vi

• G6 DS Real

• iEDGE

• iTouch2

• M3i Zero

• R4i (and clones)

• SuperCard DSONEi

• Other (Please specify)

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Juanmatron said:
Everyone will going to vote HIS flashcard XD.

M3i Zero. Simply de best! Touchpod + Sakura + Kaura = GREATEST.
what he said

but ive been using my ak2i more because of the better and quicker ap patcher

Darminator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Agreed everyone will simply vote for the card that they have... So nothing real should come of this as it will be FAR from any definitive 'this is the best card anyone can get'. When i started out i got the M3DS real, and i thought it was the most awesome thing in the world! I sang it's praises, thought 'why doesnt everyone have one of these??' A little time passed and i thought hey, why not try some others out? So i did. I soon found there were so many shortcomings with the M3DS real that it wasnt worth the effort it would take to get up and drop it in the trash. I didnt trash it, but did shelve it quickly! I heard of Sakura firmware, and thought it was worth a try, so i took it off the shelf, and it was a vast improvement over what had existed, and i used it for a while. Support was rather slow tho, and eventually got in the way of it being of any practical use, so again, shelved it. I know there have been upgrades in both card hardware and firmware, and i have yet to go there, but with what all i have tried, i have my opinion of which is best. But it is just that, an opinion, and like assholes everybody has one. So in the long run it really doesnt matter. I did think to start a blog with reviews and my opinions on all, but many of those exist and again, well feel it just isnt worth the effort. Based on hype, i thought cyclo would have been the best, so i tried one. They are good, solid cards that cater well to a mod set of people. I feel they are not for everyone tho after putting one through it's paces, and for little kids, by far NOT the best choice. There is only one that caters to ease of use, solid performance/updates, and quality build. It is the card i use over all others, and recommend to others. Which is it? Again it is only my opinion and nothing more, so it matters not if choose not to say. What i will say is try others for yourself, pick the one that works for you, and run with it. If you buy one and settle with only being happy with it, you may never know what you are missing. To many this too doesnt matter, as the mentality is if it works, why spend more money? I used to think that too, till i actually spent some more money to find this out for myself.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
Rockstar said:
BoxShot said:
Gnargle said:
Sorry, but it has to be the G6 due to its AP brilliance. This thing is invincible! This was one of only 2 carts that played Sonic and Sega right off the bat. MaL 3 worked perfectly with the first patch... Spirit Tracks too... Certainly one of the best.
AFAIK don't the G6 and M3 run the same touchpod? (Unless there are differences besides the icons thing that I don't know of)

@Rockstar Well it pretty much is more of a popularity contest which obviously they have more than the Ez Flash or EDGE.
tongue.gif
Yah guess your right

anyways G6 has in built memory so when it boots up a game the ds thinks its a retail cart causing it to work, it also has quicker loading times but i prefer expandable memory and sakura support plus even the m3 real is cheaper and got patched for all those games in a few hours, it was the second card to fix bowsers inside story(1st was cyclo) plus g6 only has touchpod and a big price tag and if you spoil the usb adapter that comes with it then its gonna be hard getting a new one
Yeah, that's true.. although they are basically the same hardware, piracy protection seems to be far less robust on the M3 than the G^, probably to do with the SD card. Although I have to admit, if I were getting a cart now, I'd go for the M3. Sakura
smile.gif

zero1221

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm voting for both the Acekard 2i because of AKAIO and the CycloDS that my cousin uses.

I Love my AK2i for my DSi, but my I'm envious of my cousins CycloDS since updates are faster.

I guess someday I'll have to try out the M3i Zero though since M3 DS Real was my first and updates were frequent.

Play on forever M3 DS Real 2007-2009

bennyroger

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My vote went to Acekard 2i because: works flawless with ez 3in1, fast loading, good support
My M3DSReal/Zero gets second place because of frequent updates and side loaded sd
Third is DSTT because of simple menus......
4th Supercard because its still supported....but its slow
5th EZ flash
6th Original R4, simple, child friendly, dirt cheap
Bottom Clones, unstable, up and down homepages, some decides to die without any reason, bad built quality

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
For all of those commenting on it, I don't think it's necessarily true that people will only vote on the card they have. In many scenarios the cart they have has failed them and they're looking for something better. Or perhaps they've simply been following the developments of another up and coming cart that looks to be becoming superior via firmware updates and active support. Or just a new release that blows the others away.

And heck, some people have multiple carts which they bought specifically because they'd researched them and found said carts to be the better choice.

Also, I do think AKAIO is a valid reason for choosing the Acekard 2i. Support is support, regardless of where it's coming from. What makes the card work best or better than the competition is a variety of factors, I don't believe there's anything wrong with an alternate firmware being one of those factors.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Ace Gunman said:
I do think AKAIO is a valid reason for choosing the Acekard 2i. Support is support, regardless of where it's coming from. What makes the card work best or better than the competition is a variety of factors, I don't believe there's anything wrong with an alternate firmware being one of those factors.

Yes the acekard without AKAIO becomes just another flashcart, it is down to Normmatt and the team that has given the acekard the popularity it has today.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My votes go to the Acekard 2i and the CycloDS Evolution.
Now, I freaking love the CycloDS, the interface is simple but effective for rom loading and customisation, the intergrated 3in1 support is killer, and the the realtime menu is pretty handy. The games even play very reliably.
But what holds it back is there's still, no, DSi support...Which is where the Acekard 2i comes in.
With the powerful AKAIO firmware, games work fantastically well. I am well anticipating Akaio 1.6 which will apparently address slowdown issues such as the items in pokémon platinum.

I also have to wonder why people like the M3i Zero. Granted it's firmware is just like that of Moonshells, but when I got the flashcart, I had trouble installing the bootloader because of a faulty cable. As for playing games, it couldn't even handle a video from Megaman Battle Network 5 at full speed.

And that's my thoughts.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm voting for AK2i/AKAIO. It was the first DSi flashcart and has achieved other firsts as well. That's why i love it. It works great and often is the first to get patches for the firmware and games.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I own a M3 and I didn't vote for it because I think it stinks. So not everyone votes for what they own. If you want fast updates you'd get an Acekard and if you want advanced features that are reliable you'd get a Supercard with the new OS or a Cyclo. I suppose if you use moonshell a lot the M3 would be your card.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Pliskron said:
Well I own a M3 and I didn't vote for it because I think it stinks. So not everyone votes for what they own. If you want fast updates you'd get an Acekard and if you want advanced features that are reliable you'd get a Supercard with the new OS or a Cyclo. I suppose if you use moonshell a lot the M3 would be your card.
Seeing this got me thinking -

What's the WORSE flashcard of 2010 ?

- so I've started up a poll here

edit: Wow - I only just posted this & got 8 votes already on the other (but only two post ?? - come on lads'lasses I did say IF you vote post reasons why)

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to say the M3i Zero/Real for DS i/Lite. I also had a iTouch2 budget card, which works great for the $10 I paid for it.
smile.gif

Then there is the DS iPlayer, works great for movies, homebrew, and music (and it has the only slot 1 GBA solution, the GBADS emulator.
biggrin.gif
).

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SkankyYankee said:
My vote is for the DS-X

Dancing LEDs!
I expect this from p1ngpong
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Master_B @ Feb 27 2010, 07:59 AM) Gave my vote to Cyclo. Never let me down so far.

Think team cyclops is one of the leading teams with lots of updates and a good forum with a good overview.

Could play all games instantly with some exceptions (like sonic / bowser story) but all was fixed within a few days after release.
Yep, they've even released 3 betas or so in one week
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu